Insufficient customer experience data available to determine customer satisfaction and sleep ratings at this time.
What You Need to Know about the Hyphen Mattress
Mattress Type and Components:
- Hyphen offers foam mattresses.
- The comfort layer is constructed with a top layer of 3.5 PCF polyfoam and a bottom layer of 2 PCF transitional polyfoam.
- The support core is made of 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam.
- The cover is made of stretch-knit polyester and spandex.
- The price-point of Hyphen mattresses is slightly lower than the cost of an average all-foam mattress.
- Hyphen Sleep’s 100-night sleep trial does not include a mandatory break-in period. Comparatively, many all-foam mattress sellers require purchasers to test out their mattress for at least 30 nights before they qualify for a product refund. Furthermore, customers who return their Hyphen mattress will receive a full refund, and will not be responsible for shipping or handling charges.
- Hyphen Sleep offers a 20-year limited warranty with a $99 surcharge for repairs or replacements that occur during years 10 to 20. By comparison, most mattress sellers with 20-year warranties divide the coverage into nonprorated and prorated periods, which can result in much higher costs for repairs or replacements.
- Hyphen mattresses are exclusively available in a Medium Firm rating, which may be limiting for customers who prefer to sleep on mattresses that are more or less firm.
- Hyphen mattresses are made entirely of polyfoam, which generally conforms less closely and does not alleviate as much bodily pressure as memory foam.
- Hyphen Sleep was launched in 2015, and the long-term performance of their mattresses has not been accurately assessed.
Product and Price Range: Hyphen mattresses are available in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. These range in price from $525 (Twin) to $990 (King and California King). All Hyphen mattresses are manufactured in the United States.
Amazon rating: 4.4
BBB rating: Hyphen has not earned a grade from the Better Business Bureau
Hyphen Pricing and Delivery Details
|Size||Dimensions ||Height ||Price|
|Twin||38W” x 74L”||10″||$525|
|Twin Extra Long (XL)||38W” x 80L”||10″||$625|
|Full||53W” x 74L”||10″||$750|
|Queen||60W” x 80L”||10″||$850|
|King||76W” x 80L”||10″||$990|
|California King||72W” x 84L”||10″||$990|
How Is the Mattress Shipped?: Hyphen mattresses are compressed, vacuum-sealed, and shipped in a box that measures 20W” x 42L” x 20H”. According to Hyphen, the mattress can be left in its packaging for up to three months.
Where Do They Ship?: Hyphen will ship mattresses anywhere in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. International deliveries are not available at this time.
Delivery Fee: Standard shipping is free for all orders in the U.S., including addresses in Alaska and Hawaii.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Hyphen is as follows:
- All Hyphen mattresses are made-to-order and shipped from the company’s manufacturing facility in California within 24 hours of the original order. Most customers receive their mattress within two to five business days. Deliveries on weekends and holidays are not available.
- Although shipping is free to Alaska and Hawaii, customers in those states who choose to return their mattress will have the delivery costs deducted from their product refund.
- Orders may be cancelled anytime before the mattress ships. Those who wish to cancel their order after shipping may face additional charges.
Old Mattress Removal: Hyphen Sleep does not provide old mattress removal services.
Availability: Hyphen mattresses are available on the Hyphen website, as well as Amazon.com. Hyphen Sleep does not currently operate any brick-and-mortar showrooms.
Hyphen Product Specifications and Firmness
Hyphen mattresses are available in one firmness rating: Medium Firm. The table below features a full breakdown of all mattress components and dimensions.
|Product Name||Firmness Rating||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Hyphen Mattress||6 (Medium Firm)||10″||6″ 1.8 PCF HD POlyfoam||2″ 3.5 PCF Polyfoam|
2″ 2 PCF Polyfoam
|Polyester and Spandex|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
Sleep Trial and Warranty Information
Trial Period and Guarantee: Hyphen offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses.
- There is no mandatory break-in period, and customers will be able to return their mattress at any point during the 100-night trial for a full product refund.
- After customers submit a return request, Hyphen will send couriers to their residence to retrieve the mattress and transport it to a charity donation center. Hyphen will cover all costs associated with handling and transporting the mattress.
- Owners will not be responsible for repackaging the mattress ahead of the pickup.
- Customers who buy their mattress from Amazon.com will also be eligible for the 100-night sleep trial.
Warranty: Hyphen offers a 20-year limited warranty for all mattresses.
- Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase, and is divided into two periods:
- For the first 10 years, Hyphen will repair or replace a defective mattress (at their sole option) at no cost to the owner.
- For years 10 to 20, owners will be responsible for a $99 transportation fee if their mattress needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Customers have the option of replacing a defective mattress with an upgrade model. In this case, they must pay the difference between the prices of the original and the upgrade. An upgrade purchase will result in a new warranty coverage period that begins when the upgrade model is delivered; all other replacements will be included in the original warranty, and will not extend the coverage period.
- The warranty will be voided if a proper foundation system is not used. According to Hyphen, the mattresses are designed for use with ‘a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the mattress and foundation’.
- The warranty will cover the following product defects
- Deterioration in the mattress surface that causes visible indentations or sagging that measure one inch (1″) or deeper, provided the issue is not caused by owner misuse and/or improper foundational support.
- Manufacturing flaws related to the mattress cover, including cracked or broken zippers.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- A normal increase in foam softness that does not affect its pressure-relieving abilities.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of damage that occur due to owner misuse, improper cleaning, and/or inadequate foundational support.
- Customers who purchase their Hyphen mattress on Amazon.com will be entitled to the same warranty coverage as those who buy their mattress directly from Hyphen.
- Warranty coverage is exclusively extended to original owners who buy Hyphen mattress from Hyphen or an authorized Hyphen dealer. Those who buy or acquire a mattress from the original owner or an unauthorized Hyphen retailer will do so ‘as is’, and will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Hyphen Mattress Sleep Ratings
At this time, we have not received enough customer reviews on Hyphen mattresses to calculate accurate sleep ratings for categories like durability, motion isolation, and temperature neutrality. We will update this section as soon as possible.
What Type of Sleeper Is Best Suited for a Hyphen Mattress?
At this time, Tuck.com has not received enough customer feedback to accurately evaluate Hyphen mattresses based on sleep position and sleeper weight. We will update this section as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please note that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress. For more information on sleeping positions please see our guides for side, back, stomach and combination sleepers.
The following table lists our average grades for all-foam polyfoam mattresses based on different sleeper positions and weights.
|Mattress Type||Sleep Position||Lightweight Sleeper Rating (Less than 130 lbs)||Average Weight Sleeper Rating (130 to 230 lbs)||Heavyweight Sleeper Rating (More than 230 lbs)|
Hyphen Company Information
Customer Service: Due to insufficient owner data, there is no Tuck customer service rating for Hyphen Sleep at this time.
BBB rating: Hyphen Sleep has not earned a grade from the Better Business Bureau.
Company History: Hyphen Sleep was founded in 2015. It is a subsidiary of Diamond Mattress Co., which has been in business since 1946.
Physical Stores: Hyphen does not operate any brick-and-mortar showrooms.
3105 E. Harcourt Street
East Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221-5505
Phone Number: 1-844-949-7436 (available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm PST; and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 4pm PST)
Contact Email: Online form
Company Website: https://hyphensleep.com/
General customer complaints about Hyphen mattresses include:
- Only one available firmness rating.
- All-polyfoam construction, which may not conform as closely and alleviate the same amount of pressure as a memory foam or hybrid mattress.
- Unknown mattress longevity due to limited company history.