Meet Our Testing Team
- Good motion isolation and no noise for couples
- Better-than-average temperature neutrality
- Light and easy to move
- Free shipping to contiguous U.S.
- One firmness/thickness option
- Questionable edge support
Save 20% on top of our sitewide discount for the Emma Original Mattress. Use code: TUCK20Get Discount
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an Emma Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, the Emma Mattress has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a bed.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Emma Mattress has earned the best ratings from back and stomach sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds. This weight group typically prefers beds with medium or medium-firm settings because they conform to a noticeable extent without sagging or feeling uneven.
Heavier side sleepers may also prefer the Emma Mattress because it provides extra cushioning to their shoulders and hips, resulting in better spinal alignment.
We Recommend the Emma Mattress if...
- You prefer sleep surfaces that offer a balance of body conforming and support.
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise.
- You tend to sleep hot, especially on all-foam beds.
How Do Emma Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Emma Mattress stacks up to other beds.
The Emma Mattress, like many other all-foam beds, excels at body conforming, pain/pressure relief, and motion isolation. Additionally, the bed is made with a gel-infused top layer and a support core made of convoluted polyfoam that circulates air well. As a result, the Emma Mattress sleeps much cooler than many competing memory foam models.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|AVAILABILITY||online, in-store||online, in-store||online||online, in-store|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||365 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime, Limited||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Emma Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $799
- Twin XL $899
- Full $1,099
- Queen $1,299
- King $1,449
- Cali King $1,449
Construction and Firmness
The Emma Mattress has a medium-firm feel, which corresponds to a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The bed’s firmness, thickness, and composition specs are listed below. Please note that Emma does not disclose thickness measurements for individual mattress layers.
|Mattress Name||Firmness Setting||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Emma Mattress||6 (medium-firm)||12″||8″ Convoluted HD polyfoam||2″ Gel-infused memory foam
1.5″ AirCell polyfoam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Emma Mattress is available for sale on the Emma website, as well as Amazon.com. The company does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms.
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free to contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years non-prorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
The Emma Mattress is compressed and roll-packed in a box for shipping.
Where Do They Ship?
Emma ships to the contiguous U.S. only.
White Glove Delivery?
At this time, Emma does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for the Emma Mattress is as follows:
- Shipping is free for all orders. All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Shipping times vary by location, but most customers receive their mattress within a few business days of placing their original order.
- Once the purchase is finalized, customers must contact Emma via phone or email to make changes to the shipping address.
- All mattresses are delivered to the customer’s doorstep. Upon request, customers can arrange for their delivery to be left at a neighbor’s house.
Old Mattress Removal
Emma does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Emma offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Emma Mattress:
- The sleep trial begins on the delivery date.
- Emma issues full refunds for all mattress returns and coordinates free pickup from the customer’s residence. Most customers receive their refund within 14 days of returning the mattress.
Emma offers a 10-year warranty for the Emma Mattress:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Warranty coverage begins on the date of delivery. Emma will, at its sole option, repair or replace any mattresses deemed defective for as long as the warranty is valid.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
- Visible cracks, dings, or damage to the foam layers that occur despite proper use and handling (please note: Emma does not provide a specific depth to indicate defective sagging).
- Manufacturing flaws in the mattress cover that affect zipper assembly.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- A normal increase in foam softness that does not affect the bed’s pressure-relieving abilities. This is considered normal wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to abuse, misuse, or improper handling.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Emma or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Emma, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Emma does not currently hold a rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Emma Matratzen (aka Emma) has been in business since 2015. The company’s headquarters are located in Frankfurt, Germany.
Emma does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Emma on Social