Meet Our Testing Team
- The unique resin fiber-based construction of airweave mattresses may be more suitable for sleepers that have not been satisfied with foam or spring mattresses.
- airweave offers White Glove delivery for $40; this service is typically offered by other manufacturers for an additional $99 or more.
- airweave offers one mattress model with a 8.5 (‘Extra Firm’) rating; this selection may be too limiting for sleepers who prefer mattresses that are less firm.
- airweave offers a 100-night sleep trial; by comparison, most sleep trials from other mattress manufacturers span at least 90 nights. Additionally, airweave’s sleep trial includes a mandatory 21-night break-in period.
airweave is a Japanese mattress company known for it’s unique, very firm and low profile mattress offering. Starting in 2004, the company has been making mattresses using it’s airfiber resin and has been selling mattresses online since 2007.
airweave offers a fiber mattress. The mattress components are listed below.
- The comfort layer and support core are constructed from single layers of airfiber© resin fibers derived from food-grade polyethylene.
- The cover is made of polyester and cotton.
Our readers get the best price on an airweave mattress.Shop Now
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an airweave Mattress?
At this time, Tuck.com has not done enough testing or received enough customer feedback to accurately evaluate airweave mattresses based on sleep position and sleeper weight. We will update this section as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please note that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress. For more information on sleeping positions please see our guides for side, back, stomach and combination sleepers.
How Do airweave Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
Let’s look at some mattress options that are comparable to the airwave mattress. The four brands below offer very firm mattresses at similar price-points, and also sell their products online.
For more information about these brands, please click the links in the top-most row of the table.
Pure Green Standard
|SLEEP TRIAL||120 nights||100 nights||120 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the airweave Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $1,000
- Twin XL $1,100
- Full $1,200
- Queen $1,300
- King $1,500
- California King $1,500
Product and Price Range: airweave mattresses are available in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. These range in price from $1,000 (Twin) to $1,500 (King and California King). All airweave mattresses are manufactured in Japan.
Construction and Firmness
According to our firmness scale, airweave mattresses are rated as 8.5, or ‘Extra Firm’. The table below features a breakdown of all mattress components and dimensions.
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
|Product Name||Firmness Rating||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|airweave Mattress||8.5 (Firm)||8.5″||4″ ‘airweave’ Polyethylene Resin Fibers||4″ ‘airweave’ Polyethylene Resin Fibers
airweave mattresses are available on the airweave website. The company also operates a brick-and-mortar showroom in New York City, as well as shops in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Singapore; additionally, airweave mattresses are available at five other locations in New York City.
Sleep Trial 60 nights
Shipping Free to Continental US
Warranty 10 year limited
Made In Japan
How is the Mattress Shipped?
airweave mattresses are not compressed, but rather shipped via private freight companies. Mattress weights range from 55 to 88 pounds; shipping boxes without the mattress weigh roughly six pounds.
Where Do They Ship?
airweave ships mattresses anywhere in the continental United States. The company does not offer deliveries to Alaska or Hawaii at this time. airweave mattresses may also be shipped to customers in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Singapore. Customers can coordinate deliveries to these countries by visiting airweave’s Japan, China, and Taiwan websites.
White Glove Delivery?
Shipping is free for all standard deliveries. Customers may request White Glove delivery for an additional $40; this service includes in-home assembly and packaging waste removal. Customers can also arrange a Saturday delivery for an additional $50 fee.
Full Shipping Details
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for airweave is as follows:
- airweave mattresses are categorized as oversized items, and all deliveries are coordinated through a ‘special freight service’. Mattresses require roughly five days for assembly; this process may take up to two weeks. Most customers receive their mattress within 10 to 14 business days after it ships.
- Once an airweave mattress ships, customers should receive a tracking number within one to seven business days. Those who have not received a tracking number after one week should contact airweave.
- A freight service representative will contact mattress purchasers to schedule the mattress delivery.
- Those requesting a Saturday delivery must pay the $50 surcharge after the delivery date and time has been scheduled.
- If certain mattress components are not available at the time of an order, airweave may send a partial delivery. Customers who receive an incomplete delivery should contact airweave to check the status of their missing mattress components. Airweave will update product pages on the company’s website in the event of an unusual product delay.
Old Mattress Removal?
airweave offers White Glove delivery, but this does not include old mattress removal. airweave customers will receive a 10% discount if they contact 1-800-GOT-JUNK for their mattress removal.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee: airweave offers a 60-night sleep trial for all mattresses.
- There is a mandatory 21-night break-in period. Customers will not be able to return their mattress for a product refund until at least 21 nights have elapsed.
- Mattress owners are responsible for all transportation and handling costs associated with returning their mattress during the sleep trial.
- A product refund (minus shipping and handling costs) will be issued to customers within five to seven business days after the mattress is removed from the owner’s residence.
Warranty: airweave offers a 10-year warranty for all mattresses.
- airweave will, at their sole option, repair or replace all mattresses that are deemed defective for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Mattress owners must submit warranty claims within 30 days of detecting the mattress defect. They must notify airweave via email; company personnel will pick up the mattress from the owner’s residence and transport it for an inspection.
- Improper cleaning of the mattress will void the warranty. Per airweave: airweave fibers should be cleaned with lukewarm water below 40 degrees Celsius/104 degrees Fahrenheit. Owners should not wash this material in a washing machine, and it should be dried in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
- The warranty will cover the following mattress defects:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper.
- Physical flaws in the airweave layers that cause the material to split of crack.
- Manufacturing flaws related to the cover, such as scratches, improper knitting, or stains.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Normal increases in mattress softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities, or visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that result from owner misuse, improper cleaning, and/or inadequate foundational support.
- This warranty is exclusively extended to original owners who purchase their airweave mattress directly from the company or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do so ‘as is’, and will not be entitled to warranty protection.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with airweave, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
airweave has not earned a grade from the Better Business Bureau.
airweave operates a brick-and-mortar showroom in New York City, as well as other physical locations in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Singapore.
Find airweave on Social