Tuck’s mattress data is based on more than 200,000 verified customer experiences and our team’s exhaustive testing procedure. We never recommend a bed we haven’t personally experienced and tested in our lab. You can rest assured, when you’re ready to buy, the mattress you pick meets Tuck’s lofty standards.
This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Read more about how we’re supported here.
Tuck offers the most comprehensive collection of mattress data anywhere on the web. In order to remain unbiased, we’ve collected, reviewed, and verified more than 200,000 customer and owner experiences from thousands of individual sources. Our ratings reflect this data — and we’re constantly updating our information in order to bring you the most current details about today’s sleep products.
There are two options below depending upon how far along you are in your mattress search: a list of our recommended options and our complete mattress database. For our readers that are ready to pull the trigger, we’d listed what owners and our own testing team believe to be terrific options for most sleepers based on mattress types and sleeper categories. For those sleepers just starting their research or those that want to dig deeper, our database/comparison tool lets you compare models from more than 100 mattress brands based on price, performance, and other factors and find the most up-to-date deals available only for Tuck readers.
Overall Best Mattresses of 2018 – Tuck’s Picks
As mentioned above, for those readers that want to best mattress options based on categories, below is where you’ll find them. We’ve organized these by mattress type and included our editors pick, best value and best luxury.
How to Use Our Mattress Database
- Use our individual mattress reviews and guides to learn about different mattress types and suitable options based on your body type and sleep preferences. Our guides also include information about mattress shipping and delivery, sleep trials, warranties, and other important purchasing details.
- Determine an optimal price range based on your mattress preferences and personal budget.
- Check out our research methodology page to learn how product sleep ratings are calculated.
- Use the mattress comparison tool to find the mattress of your dreams. Our database includes exclusive deals and discounts to help you save money on your new mattress.
- Contact us if you have any questions — we’re here to help night and day.
A Few Tips
- Never assume a specific mattress brand or model will be your best option based on marketing or advertising materials. We encourage customers to research mattress components, read product specifications, and test out different models in order to find their most suitable option.
- Our ratings are based on the consensus of customers, owners, and our testing process. Just because a mattress has received positive feedback and favorable reviews doesn’t mean it will be the best mattress for you. Use our ratings to guide your search, but pay attention to your own preferences before making a final decision.
- The average mattress requires a 30-night ‘break-in period’ before it will reach its full comfort and support potential. Most mattress brands offer sleep trials that allow customers to test out the bed for a certain period (typically 90 nights or longer) and return it before the trial expires if they are not satisfied. Sleep trials can be very helpful for customers who have not settled on a specific model — but remember they vary in terms of length and return costs.
- We regularly update pricing information, so be sure to check back regularly if you want to find more options in your price range.