Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple thickness options
- Better temperature neutrality than most all-foam alternatives
- Good motion isolation and no noise
- Decent conforming and pressure relief
- Lower-than-average price-points
- Questionable edge support
- Limited sleep trial and warranty coverage
- Specifications not available
Tuck readers can get their AmazonBasics mattress at the best possible price.LEARN MORE
Introduced in 2018, the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress – known simply as the AmazonBasics – is an all-foam bed made and sold by Amazon.com. The AmazonBasics is constructed with comfort layers of memory foam and aerated polyfoam, along with a support core made from convoluted high-density polyfoam. The mattress comes with a removable polyester cover.
The AmazonBasics is available in three height profiles: 8″, 10″, and 12″. All three thickness options are available in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. Additionally, the 12″ profile is available in a California King size. The mattress is considered ‘Medium Soft,’ or a 4 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
The AmazonBasics offers some advantages over many of its all-foam competitors. One is temperature neutrality. Air circulates fairly well through the aerated foam and convoluted base foam layers, allowing the bed to sleep cooler than other similar models. It also isolates motion very well and produces no noise when bearing weight, making it a good option for couples. Additionally, the beds are lightweight and easy to move and rotate.
Another notable advantage of the AmazonBasics is its price-point. Prices vary by size and thickness, ranging from $129.99 (8″ Twin) to $349.99 (12″ King). This is significantly lower than the average cost of a memory foam mattress.
Read on to learn more about the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress, as well as Amazon.com’s policies and company history.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an AmazonBasics Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Because it is available in three thickness options, the AmazonBasics should accommodate any sleeper in terms of height preference. Lighter individuals typically prefer lower-profile beds while heavier people tend to feel most comfortable on thicker mattresses.
However, the AmazonBasics is ‘Medium Soft’ and may sink too deeply for some sleepers, particularly those weighing more than 230 pounds.
AmazonBasics Mattress Recommendations
- You are on a budget, as the mattress is very low-priced.
- You tend to sleep hot, especially on all-foam beds.
- You want a mattress that conforms somewhat closely.
- You or your sleep partner wake up easily due to movement and/or noise.
How Does the AmazonBasics Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattresses stack up to other beds.
The AmazonBasics is a memory foam mattress that offers good conforming and pressure relief, isolates motion transfer well, produces no noise, and sleeps cooler than many competing all-foam models. Additionally, its price-point is far lower than the average memory foam mattress. However, it has questionable durability and edge support, and its one-year warranty is much shorter than the average mattress warranty.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|FIRMNESS||6.5||4, 7||6.5||7 (Side 1), 9 (Side 2)|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||100 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||10 Year, Non-prorated||10 Year, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the AmazonBasics Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $129.99 (8") $159.99 (10") $179.99 (12")
- Full $169.99 (8") $189.99 (10") $219.99 (12")
- Queen $199.99 (8") $229.99 (10") $259.99 (12")
- King $239.99 (8") $299.99 (10") $349.99 (12")
- Cali King $329.99 (12")
Construction and Firmness
Amazon.com does not provide detailed specifications about any layers found in the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress. However, the thickness of individual layers varies by the selected height profile. A summary of firmness, thickness, and composition specs is found in the table below.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress||4 (Medium Soft)||8″
|Convoluted HD Polyfoam||Memory Foam
The AmazonBasics is exclusively sold online through Amazon.com.
AmazonBasics Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 30 nights
Shipping Compressed and shipped in a box
Warranty 1 year
Made In China
How is the Mattress Shipped?
The AmazonBasics mattresses are compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
Amazon ships these mattresses to anywhere in the world, provided a valid address is given.
White Glove Delivery?
Amazon does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattresses is as follows:
- Amazon.com offers multiple shipping options for most customers in the United States. These include one-day shipping at an extra charge, along with free two- and three-day shipping for Amazon Prime members. The shipping rates vary by destination.
- Customers ordering a AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress from outside the U.S. may face high delivery surcharges, including import fees. They should carefully read through the shipping costs before finalizing their order.
Old Mattress Removal?
Amazon does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Amazon.com offers a 30-night sleep trial for all AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress owners.
- A full refund is available for AmazonBasics owners who return their mattress within 30 nights of their original purchase. This is the standard sleep trial for all mattresses sold on Amazon.com unless otherwise specified.
Amazon.com offers a 1-year limited warranty on the AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress.
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase. Amazon.com will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace a defective mattress or refund the customer in full for as long as the warranty is valid.
- The warranty is only available to customers in the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories.
- Replacement parts will only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
- This warranty is not transferable.
6 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Amazon.com, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Amazon.com was founded as Cadabra in 1994. Today it is the world’s largest internet retailer. The AmazonBasics Memory Foam Mattress debuted in 2018.
Amazon.com operates brick-and-mortar locations in select U.S. cities, including Seattle (where the company is headquartered) and New York City. However, the AmazonBasics mattress is not sold in any physical stores or showrooms at this time.
Find Amazon on Social