- Streamlined selection of THC-free and full-spectrum CBD oils, topicals, and capsules in a variety of strengths
- CO2 extracted from non-GMO hemp
- Simplified ingredients list, sometimes vegan and always gluten-free
- Transparent, third-party test results available for each batch
- Discounts available for military and first responders
- Free shipping for orders over $80
- Limited information on company’s founders
- Limited returns policy
- All products use MCT oil as a base which may be an issue for individuals with coconut allergies
The founders of Vitagenne set out to help people dealing with stress, recovery, and imbalance in their daily lives. They developed natural, hemp-based wellness products to support people as they cope with everyday stress. Today, their product line includes CBD oils, topical creams, and capsules.
Take a Look at the Vitagenne Product Line Up
Vitagenne offers CBD products in varying strengths and types to cater to users with different needs and application preferences. All of their products are non-GMO, gluten-free, and made from simple ingredients.
Vitagenne is committed to keeping their products as natural as possible, so whenever additional ingredients are included, they’re there for a purpose. They may be used to physically create the item, as with the gelatin and dicalcium phosphate in the capsules, or to enhance the product, as with the melatonin in the Pure Sleep capsules or the menthol in the Cooling Cream.
- Pure Wellness Hemp CBD Oil. The Vitagenne CBD tincture is available in three strengths: 500mg, 1500mg, and 3000mg. The tincture is unflavored, so it can be easily mixed with other beverages without distorting the taste. The oil is made using their CBD isolate, so it’s 100% THC-free. The only other ingredient is coconut MCT oil, which serves as a base for the oil.
- Total Wellness Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract Softgels. Vitagenne offers two capsule forms of CBD. The Total Wellness softgels are designed for daily wellness, providing 25mg of full-spectrum CBD in each softgel, in a base of MCT oil. As full-spectrum capsules, these will contain additional cannabinoids besides CBD, including CBG, CBC, and THC. Additional ingredients include gelatin and dicalcium phosphate. Each bottle contains 30 capsules.
- Pure Sleep Hemp CBD Capsules. These are Vitagenne’s other capsule offering, formulated to promote healthy sleep. Each capsule combines 25mg of CBD along with natural sleep aids, like valerian extract and passionflower extract (180mg each), and melatonin and piperine (5mg each). Additional ingredients include gelatin and dicalcium phosphate. Each bottle contains 30 capsules.
- Pure Relief CBD Cooling Cream. Vitagenne’s CBD topical infuses their CBD isolate with menthol, camphor, and moisturizing ingredients to provide cooling relief for exercise recovery and muscle or joint tension. Additional ingredients include aqua, methyl salicylate, caprylic capric triglyceride, shea butter, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, organic aloe vera leaf juice, organic tapioca starch, glycerin, xanthan gum, organic rosemary leaf extract, organic arnica extract, caprylhydroxamic acid, glyceryl caprylate, and citric acid. 300mg and 750mg strengths are available.
Tuck readers save 20% on Vitagenne purchases.
Use this code at checkout: TUCK20Shop Now
Vitagenne Product Offerings
|CBD Extraction Method||CBD Isolate
|Broad Spectrum (Total Wellness)
CBD Isolate (Pure Sleep)
|Appearance and Flavor||The Vitagenne CBD oil is clear and unflavored.||The Total Wellness Full Spectrum softgels are golden in appearance, while the Pure Sleep capsules have a brownish appearance and are hard-shelled.||The white cooling cream comes in a pump bottle, so users can dispense varying amounts as needed. The lotion is not greasy and it easily absorbs into skin.|
|THC Content||0% THC||~0.1% THC (Total Wellness)
0% THC (Pure Sleep)
|Ideal Customer||Each 30ml tincture offers a different 1ml serving size of CBD: 16mg, 50mg, and 100mg, so users can easily find a dose that works for them, or adjust using the dropper. Users who dislike the natural flavor of hemp may enjoy these, as the unflavored oils can be mixed in with other drinks or swallowed directly without having a noticeable flavor of their own. Users subject to drug testing may appreciate the 0% THC content.||Because the Pure Sleep contains additional natural sleep aids like melatonin, valerian root, and passionflower, this capsule should not be taken during the day. Vitagenne recommends taking the capsule in the evening before bed. The Total Wellness capsule may be used at any time, and may be preferred by those who want a more portable way to take their CBD on the go, or along with their daily vitamin.||Users who want to combine a CBD topical with the cooling relief of menthol may enjoy this cream. The cream is designed to relieve stress and tension in joints, muscles, and other inflamed areas. To use, simply massage the cream into the affected area and reapply as needed. Users report finding it helpful for exercise and injury recovery, as well as pain relief in the shoulder, neck, and joints.|
Materials and Sourcing
Vitagenne sources their non-GMO hemp from Kentucky farms who use sustainable farming practices and are registered with the state’s industrial hemp pilot program. Vitagenne displays the current certificate on their website.
To extract their CBD oils, Vitagenne uses the environmentally friendly CO2 extraction method. This method uses carbon dioxide and is widely considered the industry-leading extraction method for producing highly-concentrated oils free of mycotoxins, bacteria, solvents, and other potentially harmful ingredients.
After extraction, the hemp extracts undergo additional processing to create the CBD isolate that is used in their CBD oil, Pure Sleep capsules, and Cooling Cream.
As further validation of the safety and quality of their products, all Vitagenne’s products have been U.S. Hemp Authority certified. To be certified with the U.S. Hemp Authority, CBD brands must pass a third-party audit and meet strict guidelines regarding the growth, processing, manufacturing, bottling, and labeling of their products.
Third Party Testing
All Vitagenne CBD oils are tested by an unbiased, third-party lab, ProVerde Laboratories. To access the lab certificate for their product’s specific batch, users must scan a QR code with their smartphone.
The QR code for the current batch is displayed on the appropriate product page, and is also visible on the top of the product packaging. For those without a smartphone, Vitagenne links to a sample test result from a recent batch on the product page.
We applaud Vitagenne’s full transparency regarding their product testing. The full Certificate of Analysis for each product, and each strength of each product, is available in its entirety.
Users can view a picture of the product packaging and the product itself, confirm its cannabinoid content, and see that it passes all safety testing. However, requiring users to scan a QR code is not as user-friendly as simply linking to all the current lab reports from the website.
Flavor and Appearance
Many CBD users have to develop a taste, or at least a tolerance, for hemp’s natural earthy flavor. Vitagenne recognizes that some people never quite get over the hempy flavor, so they’ve developed a flavor-free version of their oil tincture. Users can apply this sublingually, or mix it in with other beverages, without experiencing an aftertaste.
The CBD capsules are also flavorless by design. Both of the capsules are small and easy to swallow. The Total Wellness capsules are golden softgels, while the Pure Sleep capsules are hard-shelled, so you can see the powdery contents inside.
The CBD cream features an intuitive pump design, so it’s easy to dispense fairly exact amounts and avoid wasting any product. The cream has a nice texture and massages well into the skin without leaving an oily residue.
Vitagenne offers a decent selection of strengths, so users can find a CBD dose that works for them. Their CBD tinctures are available in low, mid, and high strengths, while the CBD topical comes in both a low and high strength. The CBD capsules come in a mid-range, 25mg dose that’s easy to double up if needed.
With the exception of their Total Wellness capsules, Vitagenne’s products are all THC-free. They’re made using a CBD isolate, which means the product contains 99 percent pure CBD and no other cannabinoids. CBD isolates can be a welcome choice for those who are subject to drug testing at their work, or anyone who simply prefers THC-free products.
For those who prefer full-spectrum CBD products, there are Vitagenne’s Total Wellness capsules. Some research indicates the presence of other cannabinoids, like THC, may enhance the effectiveness of full-spectrum CBD oils in engaging the body’s endocannabinoid system. However, even these products, like Vitagenne’s Total Wellness capsules, always contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The latest lab report for the Vitagenne capsules, for instance, shows a THC level around 0.1 percent.
Pricing and Discounts
|Standard Price||Price w/ Tuck Discount (20% OFF)|
|Pure Wellness Hemp CBD Oil||$49.99 (500mg/30ml)
|Total Wellness Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract Softgels||$74.99 (25mg/30ct)||$59.99 (25mg/30ct)|
|Pure Sleep Hemp CBD Capsules||$74.99 (25mg/30ct)||$59.99 (25mg/30ct)|
|Pure Relief CBD Cooling Cream||$64.99 (300mg/3.4oz)
Ordering, Shipping, and Packaging
CBD can be sold legally to customers in all fifty states. However, at the time of writing, Vitagenne does not ship to Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, South Dakota, Louisiana, or Utah, due to state regulations. Vitagenne does ship to all other U.S. locations. Currently, the company does not ship internationally.
Domestic orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, and should arrive within 1 to 3 business days. Orders over $80 ship free.
Under the company’s 30-day Money Back Guarantee, customers can request a full refund within 30 days, less the cost of return shipping. The 30-day Money Back Guarantee only applies to one product per customer. To initiate a refund, customers must email the Customer Service team with a photo of the product and notice of their refund request, before mailing the product back to the company’s Santa Monica headquarters. Once Vitagenne receives the product, refunds are processed within 5 to 7 business days.
Vitagenne does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores. All of their products are sold exclusively through their website.