Meet Our Testing Team
- Exceptional temperature neutrality
- Very strong edge support
- Longer-than-average expected lifespan
- Free White Glove delivery to the contiguous U.S.
- One firmness/thickness option
- Less conforming and motion isolation than other hybrids
- Noise potential
- D+ Better Business Bureau rating
Real Simple, a monthly publication from the Meredith Corporation, sells the Real Sleep by Real Simple mattress. This model is an all-foam mattress constructed with a 3″ memory foam comfort layer and a 7″ high-density polyfoam support core. The bed also has a cover made of 100% organic cotton. The mattress is considered ‘Medium Firm,’ which corresponds to a 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. Its 10″ profile is on par with that of the average mattress.
The Real Simple’s deep comfort layer offers moderate, even conforming; its ‘Medium Firm’ feel is optimal for those who weigh at least 130 pounds and back/stomach sleepers, as well as lighter individuals and side sleepers who prefer firmer surfaces. The mattress also provides great motion isolation and does not make noise when bearing weight, which makes the bed a good option for couples. Its breathable organic-cotton cover also allows the bed to sleep cooler than many of its all-foam competitors.
Real Simple offers free mattress shipping within the contiguous U.S. The Real Sleep is backed by a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about how the Real Sleep mattress is constructed, priced, and rated for performance, as well as Real Simple’s shipping, return, and warranty policies for customers.
Tuck readers get the Real Sleep by Real Simple mattress at the lowest price.Learn More
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Real Sleep by Real Simple Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Real Sleep by Real Simple mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Real Sleep’s ‘Medium Firm’ feel and 10″ profile make the mattress optimal for sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds.
It offers moderate conforming that provides extra support to the sleeper’s heavier areas, resulting in improved spinal alignment and pain/pressure relief for most.
The mattress may, however, be too firm for those who weigh less than 130 pounds.
Real Sleep by Real Simple Mattress Recommendations
- You are looking for a mattress with an average price-point
- You tend to sleep hot on all-foam beds
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise
- You prefer beds with average thickness profiles
How Does the Real Sleep by Real Simple Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Real Sleep by Real Simple mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Real Sleep by Real Simple mattress has received sleeper and performance ratings that are comparable to those of the average memory foam mattress.
The bed provides consistent body conforming and a ‘Medium Firm’ feel that makes it ideal for people who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, as well as lighter or heavier people with ‘Medium Firm’ preferences.
Its 10″ profile is also on par with the average mattress thickness. The Real Sleep’s benefits include good motion isolation, no noise, and better temperature neutrality than many competing all-foam beds – though the edge support and responsiveness for sex are both fair at best.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|AVAILABILITY||online, in-store||online, in-store||online||online, in-store|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights||Lifetime (50% exchanges after 100 nights)|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||15 Year||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Real Sleep by Real Simple Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $755
- Twin XL $855
- Full $995
- Queen $1,095
- King $1,345
- Cali King $1,345
Firmness and Construction
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Real Sleep||6.5 (Medium Firm)||10″||7″ HD Polyfoam||3″ Memory Foam||100% Organic Cotton|
The Real Sleep is sold on Real Simple’s website, as well as Amazon.com. Real Simple does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, but the mattress is available at select stores and showrooms across the country.
A store locator is found on the Real Sleep by Real Sleep by Real Simple website.
Real Sleep Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Compressed and shipped in a box
Warranty 10 years
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states and Puerto Rico.
White Glove Delivery?
Real Simple does not offer White Glove Delivery with any Real Sleep mattress.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Real Simple is as follows:
- Customers in the contiguous U.S. qualify for free delivery. Those living in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico must pay a flat shipping fee of $200.
- Most mattress orders are processed within three business days; customers in the contiguous U.S. typically receive their delivery within seven business days. This puts the total processing and transit time for contiguous U.S. deliveries at 10 or fewer business days. Deliveries outside the contiguous U.S. typically take longer than seven business days.
Old Mattress Removal?
Real Simple does not offer old mattress removal with any Real Sleep deliveries.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Real Simple offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Real Sleep mattress.
- This sleep trial does not include a mandatory break-in period. Customers may return their mattress for a full refund at any point of the 100-night trial.
- In the event of a return, Real Simple issues a full mattress refund to customers and coordinates mattress pickup from their residence at no extra charge. The company requests that mattress customers remove all bedding materials from their mattress prior to the pickup date.
- All returned mattresses are either recycled or donated to charity.
Real Simple offers a 10-year warranty:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Real Simple will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace mattresses with defects at no extra cost to the owner for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Real Simple will cover all charges associated with repairs or replacements if the mattress is found to be defective.
- This warranty is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Real Simple: “Mattresses are designed for use on a firm, solid-surface, adjustable bed base or mattress support. This warranty is contingent and based on tests conducted using our mattress and acceptable mattress supports.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) or deeper.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness that do not compromise its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of damage that occur due to misuse or neglect.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively offered to original mattress owners who purchase their Real Sleep from Real Simple or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that Real Sleep customers have had a positive experience with Real Simple, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Real Simple’s parent company is the Meredith Corporation, which was established in 1902. Real Simple launched in 2000 and has an annual circulation of roughly 2 million readers. The Real Sleep mattress was first sold in 2018.
Real Simple does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, though the Real Sleep mattress is sold in select stores nationwide. A mattress store locator is found on the Real Sleep by Real Simple website.
Contact Real Simple
Find Real Simple on Social