Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple firmness, thickness, and construction options
- Above-average motion isolation for both models
- Below-average pricing
- Free shipping to all 50 states
- Some odor potential
- Sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period
Get 15% off your Leesa purchase.
Use code = TUCKGet Discount
Leesa is a U.S.-based mattress and bedding product manufacturer. The company currently offers two mattress models:
- The Leesa Mattress is a mixed-foam mattress. It features two comfort layers: a top layer of 3 PCF LSA200 polyfoam and a second layer of 3 PCF memory foam. The support core is made of high-density 1.8 PCF polyfoam, and its cover is woven from a blend of polyester and Lycra® spandex. The Leesa is considered ‘Medium,’ or a 5 on the 1-10 firmness scale, and it measures 10″ thick.
- The Leesa Hybrid Mattress (formerly known as the Sapira) is made with comfort layers of 3 PCF cooling polyfoam, 4 PCF memory foam, and 2 PCF transitional polyfoam. Its support core features 14.5-gauge pocketed coils reinforced with a base layer of 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam. The Leesa Hybrid is ‘Medium Firm’ (6.5) and measures 11″ thick.
Both Leesa models are constructed with multiple foam comfort layers, including memory foam. These layers cushion the sleeper’s body without sagging excessively, resulting in above-average levels of pain and pressure relief, as well as better spinal alignment for side sleepers.
The Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid Mattress also provide great motion isolation, making them suitable for couples who awaken easily due to movement or noise. The Leesa Mattress also makes no noise when bearing weight, while strong airflow through the coil layer makes the Leesa Hybrid Mattress a good option for hot sleepers.
Both the Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid Mattress have below-average prices compared to all-foam and hybrid beds, respectively. Leesa also offers free standard shipping to all 50 states. Both Leesa mattresses are backed by 100-night sleep trials and 10-year warranties.
Read on to learn more about Leesa beds in terms of composition, pricing, and performance. This guide also includes an overview of the brand’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with some similar brand recommendations.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Leesa Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback data, Leesa mattresses received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Leesa Mattress
- Leesa Hybrid Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Leesa Mattress offers a ‘Medium’ firmness level and 10″ profile. These settings make the mattress ideal for most side and back sleepers who weigh 130 to 230 pounds, as well as lighter or heavier people who prefer sleep surfaces with balanced firmness.
However, some larger people find the low profile makes the mattress difficult for getting into and out of bed.
The Leesa Hybrid Mattress is more suitable for heavier people – particularly back and stomach sleepers – since it offers a thicker profile and a firmer feel. It may, however, be too firm for side sleepers, particularly those who weigh less than 130 pounds.
Leesa Mattress Recommendations
- You’d like to purchase a mixed-foam or hybrid mattress at a below-average price-point
- You experience frequent and/or chronic back pain
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise
- You tend to sleep hot
Tuck Gives the Following Awards:
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
Editor’s Pick - Best Mattress for Side Sleepers.
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers
Best Value - Best Mattress for Back Sleepers.
Best Memory Foam Mattress
Best for Average Weight Sleepers - Best Memory Foam Mattress.
Best Hybrid Mattress
Best for Lightweight Sleepers - Best Hybrid Mattress.
Best Mattress for Sex
Editor’s Pick - Best Mattress for Sex.
How Do Leesa Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Leesa mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid Mattress each offer unique sleep experiences. The all-foam Leesa has a ‘Medium’ firmness and a thick, body-conforming comfort system that isolates motion transfer very well and does not make any noise when bearing weight. It is ideal for most sleepers in the average weight group (130 to 230 pounds). The Leesa Hybrid Mattress (formerly known as the Sapira) is thicker and firmer, and made with pocketed coils that provide great support for back and stomach sleepers. The mattress also sleeps fairly cool due to strong air circulation through the coil layers. Both beds have below-average price-points for their mattress type.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||365 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||Limited Lifetime||10 Year, Non-prorated|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Leesa Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $599 Leesa $1,099 Leesa Hybrid
- Twin XL $699 Leesa $1,199 Leesa Hybrid
- Full $899 Leesa $1,499 Leesa Hybrid
- Queen $999 Leesa $1,799 Leesa Hybrid
- King $1,299 Leesa $1,999 Leesa Hybrid
- Cali King $1,299 Leesa $1,999 Leesa Hybrid
Construction and Firmness
Next, let’s take a closer look at how Leesa beds are made. The following table lists firmness, thickness, and composition specifications for the Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid Mattress.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Leesa Mattress||5 (Medium)||10″||6″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam||2″ 3 PCF LSA200 Polyfoam
2″ 3 PCF Memory Foam
|Polyester and Lycra® spandex Blend|
|Leesa Hybrid Mattress||6.5 (Medium Firm)||11″||6″ 14.5-gauge Pocketed Coils
1″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam
|1 1/2″ 3 PCF Polyfoam
1 1/2″ 4 PCF Memory Foam
1″ 2 PCF Transitional Polyfoam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
Leesa mattresses are available on the Leesa website, and also sold on Amazon.com; please note that the Leesa Hybrid Mattress may still be sold under the name ‘Sapira’ on Amazon, even though the mattresses are essentially the same model.
Leesa operates brick-and-mortar showrooms in New York City and Virginia Beach.
The company has also partnered with West Elm and Pottery Barn, two U.S.-based home furnishings chains; Leesa mattresses are sold at brick-and-mortar West Elm and Pottery Barn stores nationwide, as well as on the company’s websites.
Leesa Coupons and Discounts.
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free to all 50 states, shipped in a box
Warranty 10-year non-prorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Leesa mattresses are compressed, vacuum sealed, and boxed for shipping.
Where Do They Ship?
Leesa ships mattresses to addresses anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
Leesa does not offer white glove delivery for either mattress.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Leesa is as follows:
- After a customer’s order is placed, the mattress must be constructed and compressed. This process generally takes three to five business days. Estimated delivery times are one to five business days after the bed ships.
- Leesa ships mattresses in the U.S. and Canada using UPS Ground. Customers in all 50 states qualify for free delivery.
- Shipping addresses can be adjusted at any time, but Leesa urges customers to make these changes within 24 hours of placing their order to avoid any errors.
Old Mattress Removal?
Leesa does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Leesa offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses sold.
- Ther sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Purchasers will not be able to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 30 nights.
- In the event of a return, Leesa will coordinate mattress pickup and provide a full refund.
- This sleep trial is offered to customers who purchase their mattress through Amazon.com or West Elm.
Leesa offers a 10-year warranty for the Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid Mattress:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Leesa will, at its sole option, repair or replace any mattress with defects for as long as the warranty is valid. Leesa covers the labor costs associated with repairs and replacements, but owners must pay all related shipping and handling charges.
- The warranty will be voided if the mattress leaves the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible indentations that are deeper than one inch (1”) and not resulting from an ‘improper or unsupportive’ foundation.
Flaws in the craftsmanship of the mattress that damage the foam after the user has correctly set up the mattress with a proper foundation.
Flaws with the cover, including the zippers and seams. Please note: ‘In the event that Leesa replaces the mattress cover, Leesa will replace it with the current style of cover available for the mattress, which may be of a different color, design, or material than the original cover provided.’
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Indentations that do not measure one inch (1?) or deeper, or a ‘normal increase’ in the softness of the memory foam that does not affect its ability to provide pressure relief. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that arise due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other physical damages to the cover not caused by the manufacturing or shipping processes.
- If the original mattress owner decides to upgrade after noticing a defect covered under their warranty, they may do so by paying the difference between the cost of the original product being replaced and the cost of the upgraded product, as well as the cost of additional required components that are not being replaced under the warranty. A new warranty will be issued for the new parts only.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Leesa or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Leesa, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Leesa was founded in 2014.
Leesa operates two brick-and-mortar showrooms – nicknamed ‘Dream Galleries – in the SoHo area of New York City and in Virginia Beach. Additionally, Leesa mattresses are sold at West Elm and Pottery Barn stores across the country.
Find Leesa on Social