- Leesa Hybrid
Meet Our Testing Team
Leesa Hybrid Mattress
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited|
Leesa Mattress Highlights…
- A mixed-foam model, the Leesa Mattress offers noticeable body-contouring and light responsiveness.
- Due to its medium feel, the Leesa Mattress is optimal for people who weigh up to 230 pounds
- The mattress isolates motion very well and can reduce nighttime disruptions for couples and co-sleepers.
Leesa Hybrid Highlights…
- Thanks to a strong coil layer, the Leesa Hybrid is a very responsive and supportive mattress.
- The mattress contains contouring foam layers, resulting in above-average pressure relief and motion isolation compared to other hybrids.
- The Leesa Hybrid’s coil system promotes steady airflow to help you stay cool
Sleep Position Ratings
The Leesa Mattress offers a traditional mixed-foam design. The top polyfoam layer is somewhat responsive, so sleepers feel a light bounce when getting into bed, while the memory foam transitional layer provides close contouring as their bodies settle. This balanced feel is optimal for side, back, and stomach sleepers weighing 130 to 230 pounds.
Side sleepers can count on ample padding for the shoulders and hips, which in turn can align the spine and reduce pressure. For back and stomach sleepers in this weight range, the mattress will keep their bodies on an even plane without sinking too much beneath the torso and waist.
Back and stomach sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds should also find the mattress very comfortable and supportive. Side sleepers in this weight group, on the other hand, will probably consider the mattress a bit too firm.
Those who weigh more than 230 pounds are likely to sink a bit too deeply into the surface of the Leesa Mattress; this can be attributed to the bed’s medium feel and close contouring. Sleepers in the heavyweight group may want to consider a firmer mattress instead.
The Leesa Hybrid is medium firm, so sleepers will feel more support from this model than the Leesa Mattress. That said, the Leesa Hybrid also contains two comfort layers – polyfoam over memory foam – along with a dense polyfoam transitional layer, so sleepers receive exceptional cushioning and contouring from this mattress.
Side sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds should experience even spinal alignment and pressure relief throughout their body. Lighter side sleepers may also feel comfortable on the Leesa Hybrid, though the mattress will be too firm for some.
The best ratings for the Leesa Hybrid come from back sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds. The mattress is highly suited for these individuals because of its noticeable contour and robust support system, ensuring good pressure relief and little to no sinkage. Lighter and heavier back sleepers will probably find the Leesa Hybrid very comfortable, as well.
The mattress may not be supportive enough for stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds, as this sleeper group often requires extra reinforcement, but stomach sleepers in the light and average weight groups shouldn’t sink excessively or feel too much added pressure.
- Leesa Mattress
- Leesa Hybrid Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Choose the Leesa if...
- You prefer a medium mattress feel
- You want noticeable contouring and a bit of responsiveness
- You experience frequent pressure in the shoulders, back, and/or hips
- You share your bed with someone else
Choose the Leesa Hybrid if...
- You prefer a medium firm mattress feel
- You’d rather use a bed with a springy surface
- You tend to sleep overly hot
- You want strong edge support from your mattress
Technical Details Comparison
Sizing and Pricing
The Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid are both available in the six standard mattress sizes. These include the twin, twin XL, and full for single sleepers, and the queen, king, and California king that allow two or more people to sleep comfortably. Neither model is available in any additional sizes. Current prices before discounts are listed below.
- Twin $799 (Leesa) $1,099 (Leesa Hybrid)
- Twin XL $849 (Leesa) $1,199 (Leesa Hybrid)
- Full $999 (Leesa) $1,499 (Leesa Hybrid)
- Queen $1,099 (Leesa) $1,799 (Leesa Hybrid)
- King $1,299 (Leesa) $1,999 (Leesa Hybrid)
- Cal King $1,299 (Leesa) $1,999 (Leesa Hybrid)
Next, we’ll take a closer look at materials used to construct the Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid. Both beds have similar comfort layers, but they differ in terms of support core design, firmness, and thickness. Full specs for these mattresses are listed below.
|Specification||Leesa Mattress||Leesa Hybrid|
|Firmness||5 (Medium)||6.5 (Medium Firm)|
|Weight (Queen)||71 lbs.||115 lbs.|
|Support Core Components||6″ HD Polyfoam (32 ILD)||6″ 14.5-gauge Pocketed Coils
1″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam (38 ILD)
|Comfort Layer Components||2″ 3 PCF Polyfoam (13 ILD)
2″ 3 PCF Memory Foam (9 ILD)
|1.5″ 3.75 PCF Ventilated Polyfoam (20-26 ILD)
1.5″ 4 PCF Memory Foam (9 ILD)
1″ 1.8 PCF Transitional Polyfoam (32 ILD)
|Cover Composition||Polyester and Lycra Spandex Blend||Stretch Polyester|
How Is the Leesa Mattress Built?
The Leesa Mattress is constructed with a 2-inch comfort layer of polyfoam, followed by a 2-inch transitional layer of memory foam. Both of these foam layers have a fairly low density (3 PCF for each), which indicates the materials are breathable but not particularly durable.
The polyfoam layer has an indentation load deflection (ILD) of 13, which means the material conforms somewhat closely. The memory foam’s ILD of 9 indicates even closer contouring from the transitional layer. These two layers combine to create a very balanced medium feel. Sleepers will feel close contouring, but they shouldn’t sink too deeply into the mattress – provided they weigh 230 pounds or less.
The Leesa Mattress also contains a 6-inch support core of high-density (1.8 PCF) polyfoam. This material has an ILD of 32, making it much firmer and less susceptible to sinkage than the comfort or transitional layers. This allows the base polyfoam to stabilize the mattress fairly well, though owners will notice deep sinkage along the edges when getting on and off the mattress.
Rotating the mattress head-to-foot every three to six months can help preserve the perimeter to some extent, as well as prevent deep sagging and body impressions on the surface. However, most owners will begin to notice loss of support within five to six years of purchasing their Leesa Mattress.
How Is the Leesa Hybrid Built?
The Leesa Hybrid begins with a top polyfoam comfort layer. This material has a density of 3.75 PCF and an ILD of 20-26, meaning it is denser and firmer than the polyfoam comfort layer found in the Leesa Mattress. As a result, sleepers experience less sinkage and stronger surface-level support. This layer is also ventilated to promote extra airflow near the surface.
The Leesa Hybrid’s second comfort layer, composed of 4 PCF memory foam with an ILD of 9, allows the mattress to alleviate pressure fairly well compared to other hybrids. A third layer of high-density polyfoam acts as the transitional layer, preventing sleepers from sinking too deeply; this material has an ILD of 38, indicating exceptional firmness.
The Leesa Hybrid’s support core consists of 6-inch pocketed coils over 1 inch of high-density base foam. The coils have a mid-level gauge, or thickness, of 14.5, so they stabilize the mattress and protect the edges very well without feeling excessively stiff for sleepers. Additionally, the coils circulate steady air currents. This helps the mattress maintain a comfortable interior temperature.
Leesa Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free to all 50 states
Warranty 10 years non-prorated
Made In USA
Trial Period Details
Leesa offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Leesa mattress.
- This trial does not require a break-in period of any kind, but the company encourages customers to test out their mattress for at least 30 nights before requesting a return.
- In the event of a return during the sleep trial, Leesa Sleep will issue a full refund to customers in the contiguous U.S. and arrange for couriers to pick up the mattress from their residence at no extra charge. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii receive a full refund and free mattress pickup minus a $100 return fee.
- Leesa Sleep is committed to donating as many mattresses as possible to children in need. If donation is not available, the mattress will be recycled.
- Customers who purchase their Leesa Mattress or Leesa Hybrid on Amazon.com will also qualify for the full 100-night sleep trial.
Leesa offers a 10-year nonprorated warranty for both mattresses:
- The warranty is completely non-prorated. During the warranty coverage period, Leesa Sleep will cover all costs related to repairing or replacing a defective mattress apart from round-trip shipping and transportation expenses, which the owner must pay.
- The warranty will be voided if the mattress leaves the U.S., Canada, or the United Kingdom after it is delivered.
- Defects covered under this warranty include sagging and body impressions in the surface measuring 1 inch or deeper, physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split or crack, and defects associated with the cover (such as a faulty zipper or unraveled seams). Other issues, such as physical damage and problems that arise due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences, are not considered defects.
- This warranty is non-transferable, and is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Leesa or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
The delivery policy for Leesa mattresses is as follows:
- Leesa Sleep provides free ground shipping via FedEx to customers in all 50 states. Delivery to Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany is also available for an added shipping charge.
- Both the Leesa Mattress and Leesa Hybrid are compressed for shipping, and will be delivered to the customer’s doorstep within three to six business days of their original order. A signature is not required for the package, and an adult does not need to be on the premises when the mattress arrives.
- The Leesa Mattress must be unboxed within 30 days of the delivery date, and the Leesa Hybrid must be unboxed within 60 days. Failure to do so may result in a voided warranty if damage occurs.
- Leesa Sleep does not provide expedited shipping, White Glove delivery, or old mattress removal with any Leesa Mattress or Leesa Hybrid orders.