- Mint Mattress
- T&N Mattress
Meet Our Testing Team
- Closer conforming and more pressure relief than most polyfoam beds
- Great motion isolation and no noise
- Free shipping in the contiguous U.S.
- A+ BBB rating
- Limited firmness range
- Questionable edge support
Tuft & Needle is a mattress brand that produces all-polyfoam beds. The company currently offers two individual models:
- The Mint Mattress is Tuft & Needle’s newest model. It features a comfort layer of 3.5 PCF memory foam infused with graphite and gel, a 3.0 PCF polyfoam transitional layer, and a 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam support core. The cover is made from a blend of polyester and polyamide. The Mint Mattress is 12″ thick; it is considered ‘Medium Firm’ (6).
- The T&N Mattress is Tuft & Needle’s flagship bed. It is constructed with a 3″ 2.8 PCF polyfoam comfort layer infused with graphite and gel, a 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam support core, and a polyester/rayon cover. The T&N Mattress measures 10″ thick and is considered ‘Medium Firm,’ or a 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
Like other all-foam beds, both Tuft & Needle models provide excellent motion isolation and do not produce any noise when bearing weight. This makes the Mint and T&N Mattresses suitable for couples that experience sleep disruptions due to movement or noise. Unlike other all-foam beds, both models also retain a minimal amount of body heat from sleepers and feel fairly cool; this is due in part to the gel and graphite (charcoal) components of the comfort layer, as well as the breathable polyamide-blend cover.
Tuft & Needle beds also offer moderate yet consistent body conforming that forms an even impression around the sleeper’s body. This can alleviate aches and pains and improve spinal alignment for sleepers – particularly those who weigh at least 130 pounds. Comparatively, most all-polyfoam beds do not offer the same level of pressure relief. Tuft & Needle mattresses are available at price-points that are well below that of the average bed. Both are backed by 100-night sleep trials and 10-year warranties.
Read on to learn more about how Tuft & Needle mattresses are constructed, priced, and shipped. This page also includes owner and sleeper ratings, and an overview of the company’s return and warranty policies.
Get the best price on your Tuft & Needle mattress.
Tuck passes on the best prices to readersCheck Price
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Tuft & Needle Mattress ?
Based on our customer feedback, Tuft & Needle mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Mint Mattress
- Tuft and Needle
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
How Do Tuft & Needle Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Tuft & Needle mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Mint Mattress and T&N Mattress are ideal for sleepers who find that other all-polyfoam beds do not provide enough support, pressure relief, or temperature neutrality.
Graphite and gel components in the comfort layer offer a cool, comfortable sleep experience for most. Both mattresses are considered ‘Medium Firm,’ making them ideal for people who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, as well as others who prefer moderate firmness and body conforming. The mattresses have below-average price-points, as well.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar mattress options
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||100 nights||101 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year||10 Year, Limited||20 Year|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Tuft & Needle Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
The next table lists width, length, and height dimensions for Tuft & Needle mattresses in each available size, along with current price-points for the T&N Mattress and Mint Mattress.
- Twin T&N $350 Mint $650
- Twin XL T&N $395 Mint $695
- Full T&N $495 Mint $795
- Queen T&N $595 Mint $895
- King T&N $750 Mint $1,050
- Cali King T&N $750 Mint $1,050
Construction and Firmness
As noted above, the T&N Mattress and Mint Mattress are both considered ‘Medium Firm’; the T&N Mattress is slightly but noticeably firmer than the Mint Mattress.
A breakdown of firmness, thickness, and composition specs for both beds is found in the table below.
|Tuft & Needle Model||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Mint Mattress||6 (Medium Firm)||12″||7″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam||3″ 3.5 PCF Polyfoam Infused with Gel and Graphite
2″ 3 PCF Transitional Polyfoam
|Polyester and Polyamide Blend|
|T&N Mattress||6.5 (Medium Firm)||10″||7″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam||3″ 2.8 PCF Polyfoam Infused with Gel and Graphite||Polyester and Polyamide Blend|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Mint Mattress and T&N Mattress are both available for sale on the Tuft & Needle website; additionally, the T&N Mattress is currently sold on Amazon.com and Huckberry.com.
Tuft & Needle operates brick-and-mortar stores in Gilbert and Scottsdale, AZ; Kansas City, KS; Raleigh, NC; and Seattle, WA.
The brand’s mattresses are also available at select Lowe’s, Walmart, and Crate & Barrel locations nationwide. A full listing of brick-and-mortar locations is available online.
Tuft & Needle Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free shipping within the contiguous U.S. Fees apply for deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii.
Warranty 10 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states.
White Glove Delivery?
Tuft & Needle does not offer white glove delivery for either the Mint nor the T&N Mattress.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Tuft & Needle is as follows:
- All Tuft & Needle deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Most customers receive their mattress within three to seven business days of the original order.
- Standard shipping is free of charge within the contiguous U.S. Delivery rates vary for customers in Alaska and Hawaii, but most pay between $120 and $200.
- In addition to standard delivery, same-day delivery is offered for $50 per mattress to customers in certain zip codes of New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle. These deliveries normally take place between 4pm and 9:30pm. Orders must be placed by 3:45pm to qualify.
Old Mattress Removal
Tuft & Needle does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Tuft & Needle offers a 100-night sleep trial for the T&N and Mint Mattress models.
- This sleep trial does not require any sort of break-in period. Customers may return their mattress for a full refund at any point of the 100-night trial.
- Mattress exchanges are allowed during the 100-night trial; customers pay the difference for upgrades or receive refunds for downgrades.
- Terms of mattress returns vary by seller. Customers who purchase their mattress through Tuft & Needle, Crate & Barrel, or Huckberry should contact Tuft & Needle to initiate the return process. Those who purchase their bed from Amazon.com, Lowe’s, Walmart, and other authorized retailers must return their bed to the retailer, not Tuft & Needle. Regardless of the seller, all Tuft & Needle purchasers qualify for the full 100-night trial.
- A full product refund will be issued for all returns. Tuft & Needle encourages customers to recycle or donate their unwanted mattress; if this is not feasible, the brand will arrange for the mattress to be picked up from the customer’s residence.
- One return per household is allotted per year.
Tuft & Needle offers a 10-year warranty for both mattress models:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated.
- Tuft & Needle will, at its sole option, replace or repair any mattress with defects for as long as the warranty is valid. In the event of a replacement, the warranty will neither be extended or reissued.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Tuft & Needle: ‘Tuft & Needle mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid surface that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and user upon it, such as on a bed base (e.g., a frame or platform). This Warranty does not cover your Product if you use it in a manner incompatible with that intended design and use.’
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) or deeper.
Physical flaws in the mattress that cause foam materials to split or crack despite proper handling and use.
Manufacturing defects associated with the cover, including fabric tears or unraveled seams.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to improper use, support, cleaning, or storage.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners that purchase their mattress from Tuft & Needle or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not qualify for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Tuft & Needle, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Tuft & Needle has been in business since 2012.
Tuft & Needle operates brick-and-mortar locations in Gilbert and Scottsdale, AZ; Kansas City, KS; Raleigh, NC; and Seattle, WA. The brand’s mattresses are also sold in Walmart, Lowe’s, and Crate & Barrel stores throughout the country. A full store guide is found on the company’s website.
Contact Tuft & Needle
Find Tuft & Needle on Social