Meet Our Testing Team
- Adjustable firmness and dual-firmness for couples
- Better support and pressure relief than many competing airbeds
- Longer-than-average expected lifespan
- Free White Glove delivery for all orders
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (Saatva)
- Noise potential
- Heavy and difficult to move for most
- High price-point
- Returns incur a $99 fee
The Solaire by Saatva is an airbed offering adjustable firmness settings, as well as dual-firmness in larger-size beds. The Solaire is constructed with a quilted organic-cotton pillow-top, followed by comfort layers of zoned Talalay latex and gel-infused memory foam.
The support core construction varies by size; Twin XL and Full sizes have one air chamber, while all other sizes have two air chambers and offer dual-firmness settings. Owners use a remote control to adjust the volume in their bed’s air chamber(s); this makes the bed feel firmer or softer, depending on the settings. The remote offers 50 different chamber volume settings, which are numbered 1-50 and adjustable in increments of 1. Based on the 1-10 firmness scale, the Solaire offers a range of ‘Soft’ to ‘Firm,’ or 3 to 7.
The Solaire’s support core also has a base layer of high-density convoluted polyfoam and a ‘Power Edge Enclosure’ that houses the support materials and reinforces the mattress. The bed measures 13 1/2? thick.
Like other airbeds, the Solaire’s most notable advantage is adjustable firmness. The user-friendly remote allows owners to easily adjust the feel of the bed. Users can also store memory settings on the remote, enabling them to restore their favorite settings with minimal hassle.
In terms of construction, the Solaire provides plenty of cushioning with its pillow-top layer and good pressure relief with the Talalay latex and gel-infused memory foam comfort layers. Comparatively, many competing airbeds do not offer this level of padding or material quality. The dual-firmness settings for larger beds also make the Solaire ideal for couples with differing comfort preferences.
The Solaire has a fairly expensive price-point, which is typical for airbeds. Saatva offers free White Glove delivery – including in-home assembly and old mattress removal – for all orders in the contiguous U.S. The mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a 25-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the Solaire in terms of pricing, construction, and performance ratings. We’ll also provide an overview of Saatva’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, as well as some similar brand recommendations.
Check out the Solaire adjustable mattress.
Save $200 as a Tuck readerLEARN MORE
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Solaire Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, the Solaire mattress received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Due to its adjustable firmness settings, the Solaire is suitable for most sleepers regardless of their weight or preferred position.
Owners adjust the volume of their air chamber(s) between 1 and 50. Lower levels (1-25) are softer and conform closely, making these settings ideal for lighter weight and side sleepers.
Higher levels (26-50) result in firmer surface that conforms less closely, which is optimal for heavier, back, and stomach sleepers.
Solaire Mattress Recommendations
- You need to adjust the firmness of your bed often or regularly
- You and your partner need different firmness level
- You have a larger shopping budget
- You prefer mattresses with thicker-than-average profiles
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement on the sleep surface
- You tend to sleep hot
Tuck Gives the Following Awards:
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where the Saatva mattress stood out:
Best Airbed Mattress
Editor's Pick for Best Airbed Mattresses
How Does the Saatva Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Solaire mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Solaire is an optimal mattress for sleepers who like to adjust their firmness settings and don’t mind spending a little extra. The mattress can be adjusted for any setting between ‘Soft’ (3) and ‘Firm’ (7), a range that accommodates most sleepers regardless of their weight or preferred position.
The Split and Upper Flex options are ideal for sleepers who use an adjustable base, as well. The Solaire is constructed from organic-cotton, Talalay latex, and other high-quality materials that set is apart from most competing airbeds.
It is a good choice for sleepers who prefer thicker-than-average beds too.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Innovation Series (i8, iLE, i10)
|AVAILABILITY||online and in-store||online, in-store||online||online|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||90 nights||100 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||25 Year||10 Year, Limited||10 Year Limited||10 Year Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Solaire Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
The Solaire is available in standard Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California sizes. Additionally, the Solaire is offered in a Split King design that consists of two Twin XL beds placed alongside each other.
The mattress also comes in Upper Flex Queen and Upper Flex King sizes; these beds have splits that run from the top of the mattress to its midsection, the head of the mattress can be elevated on either side (or both sides) using an adjustable base.
Upper Flex purchases also come with an organic-cotton sheet set at no extra charge.
Saatva bundles Split King, Upper Flex Queen, and Upper Flex King mattresses with their Lineal adjustable base, which costs $2,398 in a Queen size and $2,498 in a King size. In the table below, we’ve included the price of individual mattresses in each size.
Please note: the Solaire is not available in a Twin size and all mattress sizes are compatible with the Lineal base.
- Twin XL $1,995
- Full $2,595
- Queen $2,695
- Upper Flex Queen $3,295
- King & Cal King $3,195
- Split King & Upper Flex King $3,895
Construction and Firmness
Let’s take a closer look at how the Solaire is constructed. The following table lists firmness range, thickness, and construction specifications for the mattress.
Please note: Twin XL and Full sizes feature a single chamber and come with one remote control. All other sizes are built with two air chambers and come with two remotes.
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
|Product Name||Firmness Range||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Solaire by Saatva||3 (‘Soft’) to 7 (‘Firm)||13 1/2″||6″ 1-2 Vulcanized Latex Air Chambers with Cotton Canvas Cover
1 1/2″ Convoluted Polyfoam Base
Power Edge Enclosure
|1″ Talalay Latex
2″ Gel-infused Memory Foam
|2 1/2″ Organic-cotton Pillow-top|
The Solaire is exclusively available on the Saatva website. At this time, is not sold through any additional retailers (including Amazon.com) and Saatva does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Solaire Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 Nights
Shipping Free White Glove Delivery
Warranty 25 Years
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Saatva mattresses are not compressed or vacuum-sealed for shipping.
Where Do They Ship?
Saatva ships mattresses to addresses in the continental U.S. and Canada. Deliveries to Hawaii are not available. Alaska deliveries are available through special coordination with Saatva.
White Glove Delivery?
All Solaire mattress purchases include free White Glove delivery and old mattress removal.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Saatva is as follows:
- All Solaire orders qualify for free White Glove delivery, which includes in-home mattress assembly and old mattress removal.
- Expedited delivery is offered to customers in select locations.
Old Mattress Removal
Old mattress removal is included with White Glove delivery, which Saatva offers free-of-charge to all customers.
Old Mattress Removal?
Saatva offers old mattress removal free-of-charge as part of its complimentary White Glove delivery service.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Saatva offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Solaire mattress.
- This sleep trial does not require a break-in period. Customers may return the mattress at any point of the 120-night trial.
- All returns incur a $99 mattress transportation fee. Saatva personnel will retrieve the mattress from the customer’s residence.
- All Solaire beds are designed for use with an adjustable base. Please note: the adjustable base from Saatva, the Lineal, cannot be returned and does not come with a sleep trial of any kind.
Saatva offers a 25-year warranty for the Solaire:
- This warranty is partially prorated:
- The first 5 years are nonprorated; Saatva will repair any Solaire mattress with defects at no extra cost to the owner.
- From years 6 to 10, owners pay 50% of parts replacement and shipping charges; Saatva covers all labor and remaining replacement/shipping costs.
- From years 11 to 15, owners pay 75% of parts replacement and shipping charges; Saatva covers all labor and remaining replacement/shipping costs.
- From years 16 to 20, owners pay all labor/transportation costs and 85% of parts replacement charges.
- During years 21 to 25, owners pay all labor/transportation costs and 90% of parts replacement charges.
- Saatva also offers the Fairness Replacement Option. Under this program, mattress owners pay 50% of the original Solaire price for a new mattress during years 6 to 10, or they can pay 75% for a new Solaire during years 11 to 25. This program allows owners to keep the original mattress, as well.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. All beds Queen-sized or larger must be supported with a frame with 5 or 6 legs. Vertical center support is also required. Failure to meet support guidelines may result in the warranty being voided.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Burns, cuts, and other types of physical damage that occurs due to misuse, mishandling, or improper foundational support.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their Solaire mattress from Saatva or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
9 out of 10 customer experiences show consumers have had a positive experience with Saatva, irrespective of whether or not they liked the product.
Saatva’s current BBB rating is A+.
Saatva was founded in 2010 and launched in 2011.
Saatva does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms. All purchases and deliveries are arranged online.
Find Saatva on Social