Meet Our Testing Team
- Exceptional temperature neutrality
- Better-than-average motion isolation
- Below-average price-point
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S.
- One thickness/firmness option
- Sleep trial includes mandatory 30-night break-in
The Propel Mattress from Brooklyn Bedding is a memory foam hybrid bed. It is constructed with a top layer of copper-infused polyfoam, followed by secondary comfort layers of standard polyfoam and gel-infused memory foam. The support core features pocketed coils reinforced with a high-density foam base. The cover is constructed from performance fabric that acts as a phase-change material (PCM). The Propel Mattress measures 11 1/2″ thick; in terms of firmness it is considered ‘Medium Firm’, or a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
One major benefit of the Propel Mattress is its PCM cover, which provides exceptional temperature neutrality by absorbing body heat from sleeper’s until it reaches a cool, comfortable setting. This material The copper infusion in the top comfort layer also helps with temperature regulation; additionally, copper can alleviate aches and pains in the sleeper’s most sensitive areas and can improve blood flow for those with poor circulation. The mattress also isolates motion fairly well and produces minimal noise compared to other hybrids.
Brooklyn Bedding offers free shipping for all customers in the contiguous U.S. The Propel Mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty. Read on to learn more about the Propel Mattress in terms of pricing, construction, and performance. This guide also includes an overview of Brooklyn Bedding’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with some similar brand recommendations.
Tuck readers save 20% on the Propel mattress.
Use this code at checkout: TUCKSLEEP20SAVE 20%
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Propel Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, The Propel mattress has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Propel Mattress offers a ‘Medium Firm’ feel that is optimal for side, back, and stomach sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds.
The material conforms to a moderate extent without sagging or hugging too closely; most experience pain and pressure relief as a result.
The bed may also be suitable for people who are either lighter than 130 pounds or heavier than 230 pounds if they prefer a feel that balances softness and support.
Propel Mattress Recommendations
- You want to purchase a hybrid mattress at a below-average price-point
- You have poor circulation
- You and/or your partner awaken easily due to movement or noise
- You tend to sleepcompare hot
How Does the Propel Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Propel Mattress stacks up to other beds.
The Propel Mattress is a great option for hot sleepers. A PCM cover and copper-infused polyfoam comfort layer help keep the surface cool and comfortable, while the pocketed coils circulate air very well for added temperature neutrality.
The copper component can also benefit sleepers with poor circulation and/or chronic pain. The mattress also isolates motion transfer relatively well and produces minimal noise.
The most notable downside is lack of selection; one firmness and thickness setting for the Propel Mattress is available, and this may be somewhat limiting to sleepers with differing feel/profile preferences.
Similar Mattress Options
Leesa Hybrid Mattress
|FIRMNESS||3.5, 5.5, 7.5||5.5||6.5||4, 6, 7.5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||15 Year, Non-prorated|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Propel Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $499
- Twin XL $749
- Full $799
- Queen $999
- King $1,249
- Cali King $1,249
Construction and Firmness
Next, let’s see how the Propel Mattress is built. The following table lists firmness, thickness, and material composition specs for the bed.
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Propel Mattress||6 (Medium Firm)||11 1/2″||6″ Pocketed Coils
1″ HD Polyfoam
|1 1/2″ CopperFlex Copper-infused Polyfoam
2″ Energex Polyfoam
1″ Gel Memory Foam
|TitanCool Fabric with PCM|
The Propel Mattress is available on the Propel website, but is not currently sold through any online retailers (including Amazon.com).
Brooklyn Bedding operates 21 brick-and-mortar showrooms in Arizona, as well as two locations in Utah; the products are available through additional brick-and-mortar retailers, as well.
A full store map is found on the Brooklyn Bedding website.
Propel Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free to contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
No, Propel/Brooklyn Bedding does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Brooklyn Bedding is as follows:
- Most mattress orders are processed within two to three business days of the original order, and once shipped will reach their destination in three to five business days. All U.S. deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground.
- Standard delivery is free of charge to customers in the contiguous U.S. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii starts at $125; shipping to Canada starts at $250. Expedited delivery is also available for an additional charge.
- The mattress must be unboxed and decompressed within 60 nights of the original delivery; otherwise the warranty may be voided.
Old Mattress Removal?
Brooklyn Bedding does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 100-night sleep trial for the model mattress.
- This sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period. Customers may not return their mattress for a refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- Exchanges are also available during the 120-night trial. Brooklyn Bedding covers shipping and handling costs for returns and exchanges within the trial period. If customers find their bed is too soft or too firm, Brooklyn Bedding will provide a mattress topper to adjust the firmness.
- One sleep trial is available per year for each customer.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year warranty:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Brooklyn Bedding: “Brooklyn Bedding mattresses have been designed to be used on foundations with solid support with little or no give. This includes slatted wood or metal foundations with slats no more than 4? apart, wood or metal box foundations, and solid wood or metal platforms. Substitution or use of improper foundations such as old box springs (5+ years or more) without solid support, slatted wood or metal foundations with slats more than 4? apart, will void your mattress warranty, and all other warranties expressed or implied.”
- The warranty will be voided if the mattress is not removed from its shipping package and decompressed within 60 nights of the delivery.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper.
Physical flaws in the mattress or mattress materials that cause foams and other components to split, crack, or deteriorate despite proper use and handling.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness that occur over time. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to abuse or inadequate foundational support.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original mattress owners who purchase their bed from Brooklyn Bedding or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Brooklyn Bedding, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding, LLC was founded in 2009; its parent company, R&S Mattress, first launched in 1995.
Brooklyn Bedding owns 23 brick-and-mortar showrooms in Arizona and Utah; the products are also available through select brick-and-mortar retailers. A full store map is found on the Brooklyn Bedding website.
Contact Brooklyn Bedding
1-888-210-8751 | PropelSleep.com
Find Brooklyn Bedding on Social