- Puffy Lux Mattress Review
- Puffy Mattress Review
Meet Our Testing Team
- Consistent support and comfort regardless of climate
- Excellent motion isolation
- 101-night sleep trial period + Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak edge support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Puffy offers two different memory foam mattress models: the Puffy and the Puffy Lux. The Puffy is a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The Puffy Lux is a single firmness, four layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that motion transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great option for lighter and average weight sleepers.
Read on to learn more about Puffy mattresses.
Get $300 off any Puffy mattress.
Tuck readers enjoy big discounts.Shop Now
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Puffy Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, the Puffy Mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Puffy Lux Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Puffy is a solid choice for side sleepers and for light to average sleepers. We are wary of recommending the mattress to heavier weight sleepers as the softer foams likely won’t offer the support they need.
Puffy Mattress Recommendations
- You’re looking for an affordable memory foam mattress.
- You live somewhere with more extreme seasonal weather
- You love the feel of memory foam – sleeping more “in” than “on” a bed.
- Are a sleeper that weights less that 230lbs.
- You sleep with a partner and are easily disturbed.
How Do the Puffy Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Puffy mattresses stacks up to other beds.
The Puffy is priced competitively relative to other mattresses of its quality in the memory foam category, while the Puffy Lux is a notch above the competition on price.
The use of softer foams could be preferable to sleepers who want a more conforming option. Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||100 nights||100 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||Limited Lifetime||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Non-prorated||10 Year, Non-prorated|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Puffy Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $495 Puffy Lux $1,145 Puffy
- Twin XL $525 Puffy Lux $1,195 Puffy
- Full $695 Puffy Lux $1,295 Puffy
- Queen $850 Puffy Lux $1,495 Puffy
- King $1,050 Puffy Lux $1,695 Puffy
- Cal King $1,050 Puffy Lux $1,695 Puffy
Construction and Firmness
Puffy mattresses are available in two different firmness ratings: 5 for the original and 6 for the Lux on Tuck’s 1-10 Firmness Scale. A full breakdown of mattress layers and measurements is found in the table below.
|Product Name||Firmness Rating||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Puffy Lux||6 (‘Medium Firm’)||12″||7″ HD Polyfoam||3″ Memory Foam
1.5″ Temperature-resistant Polyfoam
|Puffy||5 (‘Medium’)||10″||6″ 1.5 PCF HD Polyfoam||2″ 2.5 PCF Gel Memory Foam
2″ Temperature-resistant Polyfoam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Puffy mattress is available on the Puffy website. Puffy does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Puffy Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 101 nights
Shipping Compressed and shipped in a box to all 50 U.S. states
Warranty Lifetime warranty, non-prorated
Made In China
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Puffy mattresses are compressed, vacuum sealed, and boxed for shipping.
Where Do They Ship?
Puffy ships mattresses anywhere in the United States and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
At this time, Puffy does not offer white glove delivery services.
Old Mattress Removal?
Because Puffy coordinates all deliveries through FedEx and does not offer full-service delivery, old mattress removal is not available at this time.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Puffy offers a 101-night sleep trial for all mattresses sold.
- There is no mandatory break-in period, and customers may return their mattress at any point during the sleep trial in exchange for a full refund.
- In the event of a return, Puffy will help customers donate the mattress to a local charity.
Puffy offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses.
- Puffy will, at their sole option, repair or replace all mattress defects for as long as the owner retains possession of the mattress. Repair and replacement coverage is divided into two stages:
- During the first 10 years, Puffy will replace any defective mattress with a brand new model at no extra cost to the owner.
- After 10 years have elapsed, Puffy will repair or replace mattress defects. Customers may also select the Quick Sleep option, which enables them to order a replacement mattress at half the original product price. Those who opt for Quick Sleep will be able to keep their original mattress.
- Puffy will cover all shipping and handline fees associated with mattress repairs or replacements.
- The mattress ‘must be used on an appropriately sized and suitable bed frame or base.’ Using an improper support system may void the warranty.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper that do not result from owner misuse or improper foundational support.
- Flaws in the cover, including manufacturing flaws like cracked or broken zippers, or physical flaws like unraveled seams.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness that do not affect the mattress’s pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that arise due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences or owner allergies.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage resulting from owner abuse, improper cleaning, or inadequate foundational support.
- In order so file a warranty claim, mattress owners must submit the following:
- The order number.
- The first and last name of the original purchaser.
- A written description of the defect.
- A photograph or video documenting the defect.
- This warranty is exclusively reserved for original owners who purchase their mattress from Puffy or an authorized retailer. Anyone who buys or acquires their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Puffy, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Puffy was launched in 2017.
Puffy does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Puffy on Social