Meet Our Testing Team
- Flippable design with two firmness options
- New cover design allows for flipping with ease
- Close conforming for pain and pressure relief
- Good motion isolation
- Below-average price-point
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S.
- Non-prorated lifetime warranty
- Fair edge support
- Some potential for off-gassing
- Flipping the mattress takes some effort
- Mandatory two-week break-in period for sleep trial
Save $110 on your flippable Layla Mattress.
Use code = TUCKGet Discount
The Layla Mattress is a flippable memory foam bed that gives you two firmness options in one mattress.
Our review of the Layla Mattress found the copper-infused memory foam in this dual-sided bed offers targeted pressure relief to the sensitive areas of the body.
Typical pressure points in the shoulders and hips are gently cradled for all varieties of sleepers and positions. Meanwhile, the support system of the Layla is more than adequate. Using a higher density polyfoam, we expect this mattress to be durable and provide lasting support.
With two firmness options built in, you decide between a medium-soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or a firm side, which offers greater support.
The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, and alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Read on for our full review of the Layla Mattress, including sleeper and performance ratings, who we recommend this bed to, and everything else you need to know about the mattress.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Layla Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Layla Mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Layla is a great choice for back sleepers of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side.
We are wary of recommending the soft side of the Layla to larger shoppers, since it will likely lack the necessary support, but the firm side of the mattress should be great.
Layla Mattress Recommendations
- You’re looking for an affordable soft mattress.
- You have sensitive pressure points in your shoulders, hips, and other sensitive areas that need light cushioning.
- You sleep with a partner and want to limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Tuck gives the following awards
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where the Layla Mattress stood out:
Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers
Best for Lightweight Sleepers for Best Mattresses for Side Sleepers.
Best Mattresses for Couples
Best Value for Best Mattresses for Couples.
Best Mattresses for Seniors
Best for Lightweight Sleepers for Best Mattresses for Seniors.
Best Mattresses for Scoliosis
Editor's Choice for Best Mattresses for Scoliosis.
Best Mattresses on Amazon
Best for Heavyweight Sleepers for Best Mattresses on Amazon.
How Does the Layla Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Layla Mattress stack up to other beds.
The Layla is priced very affordably compared to other all-foam mattresses of this quality, particularly for flippable models.
The dual-firmness design is ideal for sleepers with shifting comfort preferences from night to night. The mattress also isolates motion very well and doesn’t produce any noise, making it a great option for couples.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||15 Year||Limited Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Layla Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices for the Layla Mattress in each available size.
- Twin $474
- Twin XL $574
- $774 Full
- $874 Queen
- $974 King
- $974 Cali King
Construction and Firmness
One side of the flippable Layla Mattress is Medium Soft, or a 4 on Tuck’s 1-10 firmness scale, while the other side is a Firm, or 7 on the scale. The table below includes a breakdown of all mattress components and measurements.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Layla Mattress||Side 1: 4 (Medium Soft)||10″||4 1/2″ 2 PCF Polyfoam (36 ILD)||3″ 3.5 PCF Copper-infused Memory Foam
2″ 1.8 PCF Convoluted Polyfoam
|Side 2: 7 (Firm)||1″ 3.5 PCF Copper-infused Memory Foam|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Layla Mattress is available on the Layla website, as well as Amazon.com. Layla Sleep does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Layla Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Ships in a box for free to contiguous U.S.
Warranty Lifetime, nonprorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Layla Mattresses are compressed, vacuum sealed, and boxed for shipping
Where Do They Ship?
Layla ships mattresses anywhere in the United States and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
At this time, Layla does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
- Shipping is free for customers in the contiguous U.S.; those in Alaska and Hawaii pay a flat shipping rate of $125, and those inCanada pay a flat shipping rate of $225.
- All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually take two to five business days to reach their destination.
- Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal
Layla does not offer old mattress removal with any orders
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
- Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
- To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses.
- Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective or as long as the original owners uses the mattress. This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
- Warranty coverage depends on the use of proper foundational support. Per Layla: ‘Proper use is defined as using the mattress on a firm, rigid and smooth surface that allows air ventilation and supports the entire mattress, including the center, such as a slatted bed platform or box spring.’
- Layla warns that pinching the foam while flipping the mattress may result in tearing, which is not covered under the warranty.
- Mattress owners may need to pay up to $50 in shipping and handling fees for mattress repairs or replacements; variable fees will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper that do not directly result from owner misuse or improper foundational support.
Defects related to the cover, such as seams coming apart.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper. This is considered normal wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s personal sleep preferences, such as mattress height, firmness or bed weight.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to owner misuse, improper cleaning, and/or inadequate foundational support.
Discrepancies in mattress height with a margin of error of one inch (1″).
The appearance of mold or vermin infestation.
- According to Layla, the following actions will void the warranty:
Allowing the mattress to remain in its original packaging for longer than two weeks.
Using a metal frame, boxspring, or foundation that does not provide adequate center support.
Using the Layla Mattress in a commercial facility, such as a hotel, college dorm, or rental property (including Airbnb).
- This warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Layla, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Layla was launched in 2015.
Layla does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Layla on Social