Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple model/firmness options
- Great motion isolation and no noise
- Free shipping in the contiguous U.S.
- A+ BBB rating (Marpac)
- One thickness option
- Sleep trial requires 30-night break-in period
- Partially prorated 10-year warranty
Marpac – a company that first gained fame from producing the Dohm white noise machine – offers two mattress models as part of their Yogasleep: Tools for All-Natural Slumber collection:
- The Yogabed is Marpac’s flagship mattress model. The bed is constructed with comfort layers of high-density polyfoam and gel memory foam, along with a 5″ high-density polyfoam base. The polyester-blend cover can be zipped off for cleaning. The Yogabed measures 10″ thick and is considered ‘Medium Firm,’ or a 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
- The Unplug Mattress also measures 10″ thick and features two layers: a 2″ gel memory foam comfort layer and an 8″ high-density polyfoam support core. This bed also has a removable polyester-blend cover. The Unplug Mattress is considered ‘Medium’ (5) in terms of firmness.
Both the Yogabed and the Unplug Mattress excel at motion isolation. Both beds have thick foam comfort systems that absorb and minimize motion transfer very well, and they are also virtually silent when bearing weight. These two factors make them great options for couples. Even conforming and pain/pressure relief are other strong points, although the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress each offer distinct sleep experiences that cater to different weights and sleep positions.
Marpac offers free mattress shipping anywhere in the contiguous U.S., and the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress are both backed by 101-night sleep trials and 10-year warranties. Read on to learn more about mattress construction, pricing, and ratings, as well as Marpac’s shipping, return, and warranty policies.
Check out Marpac's Yogasleep mattress collection.LEARN MORE
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Yogabed Mattress?
Based on customer feedback data and our internal testing, the Yogabed and Unplug mattress received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Yogabed Original
- Unplug Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Both the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress measure 10″ thick. The Yogabed offers a ‘Medium Firm’ feel and moderate conforming that makes it suitable for sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds, particularly back or stomach sleepers who often feel most comfortable on firmer surfaces.
The Unplug Mattress, on the other hand, provides a softer surface and deeper conforming; this bed is optimal for those who weigh 230 pounds or less, as well as side sleepers.
Yogabed and Unplug Mattress Recommendations
- You want to purchase a mattress at a below-average price-point.
- You frequently experience aches and pains in your neck, shoulders, back, and other sensitive areas.
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise.
- You prefer beds with average thickness profiles.
How Do Yogabed Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Yogabed and Unplug mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Yogabed and Unplug Mattress are both ideal for sleepers who prefer all-foam beds with average thickness profiles.
The Yogabed has a ‘Medium Firm’ (6.5) feel and conforms to a moderate extent; this makes it a good option for those who are considered average- or above-average in terms of weight, as well as back and stomach sleepers.
The Unplug Mattress, with its ‘Medium’ (5) feel and deep conforming abilities, is more suitable for lighter people and side sleepers. Both beds isolate motion fairly well and do not make any noise when bearing weight.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|AVAILABILITY||online, in-store||online||online, in-store||online, in-store|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||365 nights||Lifetime (50% exchanges after 100 nights)|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||15 Year||Limited Lifetime||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Yogabed and Unplug Mattresseses
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $549 Yogabed $349 Unplug
- Twin XL $549 Yogabed $395 Unplug
- Full $849 Yogabed $495 Unplug
- Queen $949 Yogabed $695 Unplug
- King $1,049 Yogabed $749 Unplug
- Cal King $1,049 Yogabed $749 Unplug
Construction and Firmness
The Yogabed is considered ‘Medium Firm’ (6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale), while the Unplug Mattress is ‘Medium’ (5). A detailed breakdown of firmness, thickness, and composition specs for both beds is found in the table below.
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Yogabed||6.5 (Medium Firm)||10″||5″ HD Polyfoam||3″ ‘Instant Response YogaFoam’ Polyfoam
2″ Gel Memory Foam
|‘Thermocool’ Stretch-knit Polyester (Removable)|
|Unplug Mattress||5 (Medium)||10″||8″ HD Polyfoam||2″ Gel Memory Foam||‘Thermocool’ Stretch-knit Polyester (Removable)|
The Yogabed and Unplug Mattress are both sold on the Marpac/Yogasleep website. The Yogabed and Unplug Mattress are both available on Amazon.com, as well. The mattresses are not sold in any brick-and-mortar locations, though other Marpac products – such as the Dohm white noise machine – are available in select physical stores.
Yogabed Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 101 nights
Shipping Contiguous U.S. only
Warranty 10 Years
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Yogabed and Unplug mattresses are compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
Marpac ships their mattresses to any address within the contiguous U.S.
White Glove Delivery?
Marpac does not offer White Glove delivery at this time.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress is as follows:
- Marpac does not offer mattress delivery outside the contiguous U.S. at this time; customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and other areas outside the contiguous U.S. may purchase their mattress through one of the company’s authorized online retailers instead.
- All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Most mattresses ship within two business days of the original order. Deliveries take place between Monday and Friday; a customer signature is not required.
- Customers who wish to arrange a specific delivery date may contact Marpac; in most cases, a two-day delivery window will be granted.
Old Mattress Removal
Marpac does not offer old mattress removal for any customers.
Old Mattress Removal?
Marpac does not currently offer old mattress removal.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Marpac offers a 101-night sleep trial for the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress.
- This sleep trial includes a mandatory break-in period of 30 nights. Customers may not return their mattress for a full refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- In the event of a return, Marpac will issue a full mattress refund to all customers and coordinate free mattress pickup at their residence.
- One free return is allotted per customer.
- The full 101-night sleep trial extends to Amazon.com customers.
- Size exchanges are available during the sleep trial; customers will either pay the difference in price or be refunded the difference. Exchanging a mattress will nullify the remaining sleep trial.
Marpac offers a 10-year warranty for the Yogabed and Unplug Mattress:
- This warranty is partially prorated. During the first two years of ownership, Marpac will repair or replace any defective mattress at no charge to the owner. From years 2 to 5, owners must pay a prorated mattress replacement fee that amounts to 30% of the original product price; during years 5 to 8, they pay a 50% prorated fee; and during years 8 to 10, they pay a 75% prorated fee.
- Owners must cover all shipping and transportation costs associated with mattress repairs or replacements at any point of the warranty.
- The warranty will be voided if the mattress is not used with a supportive foundation. Per Marpac: “The Yogabed Mattress is intended to be used on a foundation with a center support that has at least 5 to 6 support legs in the case of a Queen, King and California King or with 4 support legs for Twin, Twin XL, and Full mattresses. For queen, king, and cal king slatted-style bed frames, it is incumbent upon the customer to ensure the frame utilized offers ample structural support for the mattress and foundation in view of the particular slatted-style frame.”
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure one inch (1″) or deeper.
- Physical flaws in the mattress that cause foams and other materials to split or crack.
- Defects associated with the mattress cover, including torn fabric or unraveled stitches.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
- Damage caused by dampness or mold.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse, neglect, or improper foundational support.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Marpac or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Marpac, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Marpac has earned an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
Marpac was founded in 1962. Its flagship sound machine – later renamed the Dohm – began selling the same year. The company is based in North Carolina.
Marpac does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Marpac on Social