Meet Our Testing Team
- All materials are GOTS- or GOLS-certified
- Adjustable loft
- Exceptional cooling and breathability
- Relatively low price-points
- Free shipping for all orders
- One firmness setting
- Odor potential
Interested in an Avocado Green Pillow?Learn More
The following table lists our ratings for the Avocado Green Pillow in terms of durability, shape retention, and other performance factors. These ratings are based on a combination of verified owner and customer reviews, and our own product research and testing.
The Avocado Green Pillow is made with organic fill and cover materials that are naturally durable, giving the pillow a fairly long expected lifespan. The materials also retain minimal body heat from sleepers, allowing the pillow to maintain a consistent and comfortable temperature.
Adjustable loft is another positive attribute of the Avocado Green Pillow. This is especially beneficial for sleepers whose thickness preferences vary from night to night. To adjust the loft, simply add or remove the fill. However, adjusting the loft will not change the firmness.
The pillow weighs between 3.4 and 5.2 pounds, making it somewhat heavy but still lighter than most single-piece latex pillows. Strong off-gassing may also occur when the pillow is new, but long-lasting smells should not be a major issue for owners.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an Avocado Pillow?
Based on our customer feedback, the Avocado Green Pillow has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different pillows. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a new pillow.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Avocado Green Pillow earned the most favorable ratings from sleepers weighing 230 pounds or less. This is typical for a medium-feel pillow. Heavier sleepers who prefer this firmness setting may also find the Avocado Green Pillow comfortable, while those who like firmer surfaces may find the pillow too soft.
The ideal pillow thickness also varies by sleeper weight and position. The Avocado Green Pillow’s adjustable loft allows owners to customize the thickness to meet their individual needs.
Tuck Sleep gives the following awards:
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where the Avocado Green Pillow stood out:
Best Organic Pillows
Editor's Pick for Best Organic Pillows.
How Do Avocado Green Pillows Compare to Other Pillows?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our pillow assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Avocado Green Pillow stacks up to other pillows.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable pillows.
Similar Pillow Options
Talalay Latex Pillow
|FIRMNESS||Medium-Firm||Medium Soft||Medium Soft|
What You Need to Know About the Avocado Green Pillow
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices for the Avocado Green Pillow in each available size. Please note that Avocado also sells bulk shipments of shredded latex/kapok fiber fill. These shipments are available in half-pound ($15) and 1-pound ($20) orders.
- Standard $89
- Queen $99
- King $109
Construction and Firmness
The Avocado Green Pillow contains a 70/30 blend of shredded latex and kapok tree fibers. These materials have been certified as organic by the GOLS and GOTS, respectively. Owners can adjust the pillow’s thickness by adding or removing the fill, which is available for sale in bulk whenever a replenishment is needed. A zipper opening allows owners to access the interior fill.
The pillow’s cover is made of GOTS-certified organic cotton. In addition to their organic certifications, all pillow components are vegan-certified and do not contain any animal products or byproducts. The pillow does not contain an internal liner for the fill, and neither the cover nor the fill should be machine-washed. In terms of weight, the pillow ranges from 3.4 to 5.2 pounds depending on the selected size.
The table below contains an overview of firmness, thickness, and composition specs for the Avocado Green Pillow.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Loft||Interior Components||Cover Components|
|Avocado Green Pillow||Medium||Adjustable||70% GOLS-certified Shredded Latex
30% GOTS-certified Kapok Fibers
|GOTS-certified Organic Cotton|
Firmness Options: The Avocado Green Pillow has a medium feel. This setting may change slightly with different loft settings, but not to a very noticeable extent.
Package Deals: Avocado does not offer any bundles or package deals with the Avocado Green Pillow at this time.
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free to all 50 states
Warranty 1-year non-prorated
Made In USA
Can You Wash the Avocado Pillow?
Neither the cover nor the fill should ever be machine-washed, and doing so may lead to the warranty being voided if damage occurs. Avocado recommends spot-cleaning if stains occur.
Avocado Green Pillow Care Instructions
To return the pillow to a full shape, owners may place the pillow in a dryer on a cool setting. Otherwise, hand-fluffing is recommended.
Where Do They Ship?
Avocado ships the pillow to all 50 states, but deliveries outside the U.S. are not available.
Full Delivery Policy
The delivery policy for Avocado Green Pillows is as follows:
- Standard shipping is free for all orders. Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx.
- Most pillows ship within one to three business days of the original order. Once shipped, they typically reach their destination within one to eight business days, depending on the customer’s location.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Avocado offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Avocado Green Pillow:
- The sleep trial begins on the delivery date.
- In the event of a return, Avocado will issue a prepaid shipping label to cover return shipping costs.
- Full refunds will be issued for all returns. Customers should not return their pillow without authorization from Avocado.
- Avocado offers two pillow trials per household.
Avocado offers a 1-year warranty for the Avocado Green Pillow:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated.
- In the event of a defect, Avocado will provide a replacement pillow at no extra charge. Replacing an original pillow will not extend or replace the original warranty.
- The warranty will not cover the following defects:
- Normal wear and tear from regular use, or damage from machine-washing the pillow.
- Replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their pillow from Avocado or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or obtain their pillow from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 customers have had a positive experience with Avocado.
Avocado currently holds a ‘B’ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Avocado has been in business since 2015. The company is headquartered in Hoboken, NJ.
Avocado operates one brick-and-mortar showroom in Hoboken, NJ.
Find Avocado on Social