Meet Our Testing Team
|FIRMNESS||4, 6, 7.5||6.5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||180 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||15 Year, Non-prorated||Lifetime|
- The Saatva offers a traditional innerspring feel ideal for sleepers who prefer a responsive, bouncy mattress.
- A strong support system makes the mattress a good choice for back and stomach sleepers.
- The coil layers promote steady airflow to help the mattress maintain a cool core temperature.
- Saatva offers free White Glove delivery for all orders, which includes in-home setup and old mattress removal.
- Built with three layers of memory foam, the Nectar Mattress provides deep contouring and even weight distribution for sleepers.
- The cushioning feel and sturdy support system of this mattress are well suited to side and back sleeping.
- The mattress isolates motion very well and does not make any noise, so it will be a good choice for couples.
- Nectar offers a 365-night sleep trial – one of the longest in the industry – and also backs the mattress with a lifetime warranty.
Sleep Position Ratings
The Saatva is offered with three distinct firmness levels. The medium soft feel corresponds to a 4 on the 1-10 firmness scale and provides relatively close body-conforming. Although there is still some noticeable responsiveness on the surface, this firmness level provides enough cushioning and spinal support for most side sleepers weighing at least 130 pounds. For lighter side sleepers, the Saatva will likely be too firm regardless of the selected firmness level.
A medium firm (6) Saatva conforms to a moderate extent while maintaining strong support. This feel is optimal for many side and back sleepers who weigh up to 230 pounds. They will experience sufficient contouring and pressure relief without sinking too deeply beneath the surface, which can leave them vulnerable to neck and shoulder pain. The firm (7.5) feel barely conforms at all, and is best suited to back and stomach sleepers weighing more than 230 pounds.
The Nectar Mattress is available in one firmness level, medium firm (6). The Nectar Mattress is constructed with two comfort layers of gel-infused memory foam that contour very closely to the body, so this medium firm feel is much different from the responsive and supportive feel of a medium firm Saatva. As a result, the Nectar is ideal for most side sleepers weighing at least 130 pounds. The foam delivers ample cushioning for their shoulders and hips, which in turn can align the spine and reduce pressure throughout the body. Side sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds may find the mattress comfortable, as well, but some will prefer a softer model.
The Nectar Mattress also feels fairly supportive due to its dense memory foam transitional layer and high-density polyfoam base. These reinforcing materials prevent back sleepers from sinking too much around the torso and midsection. Stomach sleepers who weigh 130 to 230 pounds should also feel reasonably supported; those who weigh less than 130 pounds may find the mattress too firm and stiff, whereas stomach sleepers weighing more than 230 pounds will probably find the mattress excessively soft and prone to uncomfortable sinkage.
- Saatva Classic
- Nectar Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Choose the Saatva Mattress if...
- You want a mattress with a medium soft, medium firm, or firm feel
- You’d rather sleep on a mattress with a relatively thick profile
- You prefer the support and responsiveness of a coil-on-coil bed
- You tend to sleep hot
Choose the Nectar Mattress if...
- You want a mattress with a medium firm feel
- You frequently experience pressure points and/or lower back pain
- You prefer close contouring and don’t mind sinking a bit into your mattress
- You normally sleep hot on all-foam beds
Technical Details Comparison
Sizing and Pricing
Below, you’ll find prices for the Saatva and Nectar Mattress in all six standard mattress sizes. In addition to those listed below, the Saatva is available in a split king and split California king size (both $1,999). The Nectar Mattress is not offered in either of these additional sizes.
- Twin $887 (Saatva) $499 (Nectar)
- Twin XL $1,087 (Saatva) $569 (Nectar)
- Full $1,475 (Saatva) $699 (Nectar)
- Queen $1,575 (Saatva) $799 (Nectar)
- King $1,975 (Saatva) $1,099 (Nectar)
- Cal King $1,975 (Saatva) $1,099 (Nectar)
Next, we’ll take a closer look at construction and material details for the Saatva and Nectar Mattress. Full specs are listed below.
|Firmness Level||Medium Soft (4)
Medium Firm (6)
|Weight (Queen)||110 lbs. (11.5″)
120 lbs. (14.5″)
|Support Core Components||4″ 13-gauge Recycled Steel Bonnell Coils (11.5″)
7″ 13-gauge Recycled Steel Bonnell Coils (14.5″)
|7″ HD Polyfoam|
|Comfort Layer Components||0.6″ Polyfoam
0.4″ Memory Foam
4″ 14.5-gauge Pocketed Coils
|1″ 4 PCF Gel-infused Memory Foam
3″ Gel-infused Memory Foam
2″ Transitional Polyfoam
|Cover Composition||100% Organic Cotton Euro-top Cover
1.25″ Soft Polyfoam
0.75″ Dacron Fiber
|Polyester, Polyethylene, and Nylon Blend|
How Is the Saatva Built?
The Saatva features a Euro-top cover padded with 2 inches of polyfoam and dacron fiber fill. Medium soft and medium firm models have softer polyfoam at the surface, resulting in a plush, cushioning feel. For firm Saatva models, the polyfoam padding layer in the Euro-top is thicker and firmer.
The mattress also contains comfort layers of polyfoam and memory foam, followed by a transitional layer of pocketed minicoils. These components give the Saatva a more contouring feel compared to other traditional innersprings, though sleepers will also notice plenty of support – especially if they choose a firm feel.
The support core consists of 13-gauge bonnell coils made from recycled steel. This layer measures 4 inches thick on 11.5-inch Saatva models, and 7 inches thick on 14.5-inch models. Due to its coil-on-coil design, the Saatva’s surface is very responsive and bouncy. The dual coil layers also promote steady airflow to help the mattress maintain a cool temperature. A cover made of 100 percent organic cotton encases the entire mattress for added breathability.
How Is the Nectar Mattress Built?
The Nectar Mattress begins with a comfort layer of gel-infused memory foam that measures 3 inches thick. The surface has a medium firm feel but the memory foam conforms closely and responds slowly, so sleepers will experience a deep, pressure-relieving cradle for their body. The comfort foams also have relatively low densities, making the mattress noticeably more breathable and cooler than many competing all-foam models.
A transitional polyfoam layer is located beneath the comfort layer. This foam is denser and firmer than the comfort layers. This ensures sleepers won’t sink too deeply into the mattress.
The Nectar Mattress also features a 7-inch support core constructed from high-density memory foam. This layer works with the transitional memory foam to reinforce and stabilize the mattress. Other all-foam mattresses sink quite a bit when sleepers sit along the edges, which can make getting in and out of bed somewhat difficult. Thanks to a sturdy support system, the Nectar Mattress provides above-average edge support.
Saatva Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free White Glove delivery to contiguous U.S.
Warranty 15 years, non-prorated
Made In USA & Canada
Trial Period Details
Saatva offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Saatva mattress.
- This sleep trial does not require a break-in period of any kind; customers may return their mattress for a refund at any point of the 120-night trial.
- In the event of a return, customers will be issued a full refund minus a flat transportation fee of $99.
- Size, firmness, and thickness exchanges are also offered during the 120-night trial. Customers may exchange their bed for a flat shipping fee of $99.
Saatva offers a 15-year warranty for the Saatva:
- The warranty is completely non-prorated. During the first two years, Saatva will replace a mattress at no extra charge if it is deemed defective. For the remaining warranty period, Saatva will repair and re-cover a Saatva mattress for a flat fee of $198 ($99 shipping fees for both ways).
- Saatva also offers the ‘Fairness Replacement Option’ in lieu of standard warranty coverage. Owners may purchase a new bed at a discounted rate, rather than having their current mattress repaired. Saatva does not charge a delivery fee and owners may keep their old mattress at no extra cost.
- The ‘Fairness Replacement Option’ follows a prorated schedule. During years 3-5, owners pay 30 percent of the original mattress price. During years 6-10, owners pay 50 percent of the original price. And during years 11-15, owners pay 75 percent of the original price.
- The warranty is contingent on the use of a proper support system. The warranty will be voided if a Queen or King mattress is used with a metal bed frame that does not have a five- or six-legged support structure. The warranty will also be voided if a Twin or Full mattress is used with a metal bed frame that does not have four legs.
- The warranty covers sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure 1 inch or deeper.
- The warranty does not cover sagging or indentations that measure less than 1 inch deep. Additionally, the warranty will not cover physical damage to the mattress, including burns, cuts, or stains.
- Customers must notify Saatva in writing regarding any claims.
- The warranty is exclusively available for original owners that purchase their mattress from Saatva or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
Saatva’s delivery policy for Saatva mattresses is as follows:
- Saatva does not charge a cancellation fee prior to the day of delivery.
- Saatva mattresses are made to order, and delivery times vary by location. Customers can input their zip code on Saatva’s delivery information page to see the expected wait time for their location.
- Customers will be given a four-hour window for the time of delivery on the predetermined day. An adult (18 years or older) must be on the premises at the time of delivery. Couriers will wait 20 minutes if the customer is running late to meet them, after which point the delivery can be rescheduled at no extra charge.
- If the wrong mattress is delivered, then the customer may arrange a new delivery time at no additional cost. In the meantime, they will be allowed to use the incorrect mattress; once the correct delivery has been made, the original mattress will be donated to charity.
- If couriers cannot fit the mattress into the customer’s bedroom due to stairs or other obstacles, they will reschedule delivery for a mattress with a smaller size. Customers won’t need to pay any extra fees apart from an additional $99 transportation fee.
Nectar Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 365 nights
Shipping Free to contiguous U.S.
Warranty Lifetime, non-prorated
Made In China
Nectar offers a 365-night sleep trial for the Nectar Mattress:
- There is a mandatory 30-day break-in period. Customers may not return the mattress until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- Nectar will cover all shipping and handling costs related to the mattress return for customers in the contiguous U.S. Those in Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for mattress returns. Additionally, White Glove delivery charges are non-refundable.
- Nectar will coordinate pickup services for all mattress returns in the contiguous U.S. at no cost to the owner. Customers do not need to keep the original mattress packaging.
- Mattress exchanges are available as part of Nectar’s return policy. Those who wish to exchange their current mattress for a different model must purchase the replacement before receiving a refund for the original model.
- The mattress must be removed from its shipping box within 90 nights of the delivery date. Otherwise, the sleep trial will be voided.
Nectar offers a lifetime warranty (also known as the ‘Forever Warranty’) for all mattresses:
- Warranty coverage will begin on the date of original purchase, and is divided into two periods. For the first 10 years, Nectar will replace defective mattresses at no cost to the owner, including shipping and transportation fees. Nectar still replaces defective mattresses after 10 years, but owners must pay a flat charge of $50 each way for shipping and transportation.
- The Nectar mattress is designed for use on a ‘firm, solid-surface, on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s)’. These include platform beds, box springs, flat bases, and other types of ‘suitable bed frame or dedicated clean and flat flooring area’. Use of an improper foundation will result in the warranty being voided.
- The warranty will cover surface indentations of 1.5 inches or deeper. Other covered defects include physical flaws that cause foams to deteriorate and manufacturing flaws associated with the cover.
- The warranty will not cover indentations less than 1.5 inches. This is considered normal wear and tear. The warranty also does not cover issues related to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences or burns, cuts, stains, and other types of physical damage.
- Replacing a mattress will not result in a new warranty. All replacements fall under the same lifetime warranty as the original model.
- The warranty is non-transferable, and only applies to original owners who purchase their mattress directly from Nectar or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or an unauthorized Nectar retailer will not receive warranty coverage.
The delivery policy for Nectar is as follows:
- Ground shipping is free within the contiguous U.S. Those who reside in Alaska or Hawaii must pay an additional delivery charge of $150. Shipping is not available outside the 50 states.
- Nectar’s free ground shipping is coordinated through FedEx Ground. Most customers will receive their mattress within one to five business days. In the event of a shipping delay, Nectar will contact the customer and provide a delivery date estimate; the company will also modify the delivery upon request.
- Nectar also offers White Glove delivery for a flat fee of $149 per mattress, plus an additional $25 for other items included in the order. This service includes scheduled delivery date and time, in-home assembly, and old mattress removal upon request. Those who request White Glove delivery should plan to receive their mattress within three to seven business days.