Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple thickness options and flippable design with two firmness settings
- Good temperature neutrality
- Close conforming, great motion isolation, and no noise
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S.
- Price-point is significantly below average
- Questionable edge support
- Sleep trial includes mandatory 30-night break-in period
Tuck readers get the best price on a Latex for Less mattress.Shop Now
Latex for Less offers a flippable latex mattress available in 7″ and 9″ thickness profiles. One side is considered ‘Medium-Firm,’ or a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale; the other side is ‘Firm,’ or 7.5. The mattress is constructed with organic-cotton covers and organic wool fire barriers on both sides. Both latex layers are found in the center of the mattress; one will act as the comfort layer and the other as the support core, depending on which way the bed is flipped.
Each side of the Latex for Less mattress offers different benefits. The ‘Medium-Firm’ side conforms somewhat closely and helps align the spine and alleviate pressure points. This makes it ideal for sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less, as well as side sleepers. The ‘Firm’ side does not conform as much and may be more suitable for heavier individuals, along with back and stomach sleepers.
The Latex for Less mattress sleeps fairly cool and isolates motion transfer very well. The mattress also produces no noise when bearing weight; as a result, it is a good option for couples who awaken easily due to noise. Additionally, the Latex for Less mattress has a price-point that is much lower than that of the average latex model. It is backed by a 20-year warranty and a 120-night sleep trial.
Read on to learn more about Latex for Less in terms of pricing, construction, and performance, as well as the company’s shipping, return, and warranty policies.
Please note: The Latex for Less is no longer manufactured in 10″ or 12″ profiles, but these designs may still be available online through Amazon.com.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Latex for Less Mattress ?
Based on our customer feedback, Latex for Less mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
For more information on sleeping positions please see our guides for side, back, stomach and combination sleepers.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Due to its flippable design, the Latex for Less mattress is suitable for sleepers whose firmness preferences fluctuate from night to night.
The ‘Medium-Firm’ side is ideal for side sleepers and those in the average weight group (130 to 230 pounds), while the ‘Firm’ side may be the best option for heavier individuals, as well as stomach sleepers.
Latex for Less Mattress Testing Recommendations
- You are looking for a mattress with a below-average price-point
- You tend to sleep hot
- You frequently experience aches and pains in the neck, shoulders, lower back, and other sensitive areas
- You want a bed with a low to moderate thickness profile
How Do Latex for Less Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Latex for Less mattresses stack up to other beds.
Latex for Less mattresses have a flippable, mixed-firmness design that accommodates most sleepers regardless of their body type and preferred sleep position, as well as those whose firmness preferences vary from night to night.
Like other latex beds, the mattress also sleeps fairly cool, isolates motion transfer well, and produces no noise when bearing weight. Its price-point is much lower than that of the average latex mattress, as well.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
All Latex Slumber System
Pure Green Standard
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||15 Year||25 Year, Limited||10 Year||20 Year|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Latex for Less Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
Next, let’s look at current prices for the Latex for Less mattress in each available size.
- Twin 7" $599 9" $699
- Twin XL 7" $649 9" $749
- Full 7" $749 9" $879
- Queen 7" $799 9" $899 9" Split Queen $1,449
- King 7" $999 9" $1,299 9" Split King $1,449
- Cal King 7" $999 9" $1,299 9" Split Cal King $1,449
Construction and Firmness
Latex for Less mattresses are ‘Medium-Firm’ (6) on one side and ‘Firm’ (7.5) on the other; each side shares the same general construction regardless of the selected thickness.
A full breakdown of firmness, thickness, and composition specs is found in the table below.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Side 1 Components||Side 2 Components||Cover Components|
|Latex For Less Mattress||Side 1: 6 (Medium-Firm)
Side 2: 7.5 (Firm)
|7″||100% Wool Fire Barrier
|100% Wool Fire Barrier
|Organic Cotton (Both Sides)|
|9″||100% Wool Fire Barrier
|100% Wool Fire Barrier
|Organic Cotton (Both Sides)|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
Latex for Less mattresses are available on the Latex for Less website; the 9″ design is currently sold on Amazon.com along with the discontinued 10″ and 12″ models, but the 7″ is not available on Amazon.com at this time.
Latex for Less Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free in contiguous U.S.
Warranty 20 years, nonprorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states, as well as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
White Glove Delivery?
Yes, for a flat fee of $299.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Latex for Less is as follows:
- Expected shipping times vary by delivery location. Latex for Less will issue a tracking number for following deliveries.
- In addition to standard delivery, which is free in the contiguous U.S., customers may select White Glove delivery for a flat fee of $299. This includes in-home assembly.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Latex for Less offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- This sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period. Customers will not be able to return their mattress for a full refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- If a return is requested, Latex for Less will coordinate mattress pickups and issue a full product refund minus White Glove delivery or other shipping charges.
- Customers who purchase their Latex for Less mattress on Amazon.com will not qualify for this sleep trial; they are eligible for that night’s standard 30-night mattress sleep trial instead.
Latex for Less offers a 20-year warranty:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase. Latex for Less will, at its sole option, repair or replace mattresses with defects for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Mattress owners are responsible for inspection and mattress removal costs, but Latex for Less will cover all shipping charges.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring less than one and a half inches (1 1/2″).
Burns, stains, soiling, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse.
Issues associated with the cover fabric.
- This warranty is exclusively available to original mattress owners who purchase their bed from Latex for Less or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Latex for Less, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Latex for Less has been in business since 2013.
Latex for Less does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Contact Latex for Less
Find Latex for Less on Social