Meet Our Testing Team
- All duvet covers are made with U.S. grown Supima cotton
- Relatively low price-point for 100% Supima cotton
- Covers have inside corner ties to prevent the duvet from shifting
- Machine washable and get softer with washing
- Luxury Suite and Easy Care covers less prone to wrinkling
- Comfort Wash cover is made from breathable percale, so it sleeps cooler
- Easy Care duvet cover contains 20% polyester, which may not appeal to all customers
- Comfort Wash duvet cover prone to wrinkling
- Luxury Suite and Easy Care covers may sleep warm
- Limited range of size and color options
Launched in the fall of 2018, Gryphon is an offshoot of WestPoint Home, a nearly 200-year-old manufacturer of linens. Gryphon offers three different signature styles of duvet covers: the Luxury Suite and Comfort Wash duvet covers, both made from 100 percent Supima cotton, and the Easy Care Performance duvet cover, made from a blend of Supima cotton and polyester.
The company owns and operates all of its mills and production plants, and only sells products online via its website. Gryphon is also committed to providing only ethically and sustainably sourced products, and is a member of the Better Cotton Initiative. In addition, all of their products are Standard 100 OEKO-TEX certified.
Gryphon offers three duvet cover sets:
- Gryphon Comfort Washed Duvet Cover: Also made from 100 percent Supima cotton, the Comfort Wash set is woven into a crisp, breathable percale weave that still offers incredible softness. The 200-thread-count set has a casual look that gets softer with washing.
- Gryphon Luxury Suite Duvet Cover: Made from 100 percent Supima cotton, this 300-thread-count duvet cover set is made with an exceptionally soft sateen weave, which gets softer with every wash.
- Gryphon Easy Care Performance Duvet Cover: Silky smooth and soft, the Easy Care Performance Duvet Cover combines 80 percent Supima cotton with 20 percent polyester for a durable, easy care cover that gets softer with time. The 360-thread count cover will keep you warm when the temperature drops.
The following guide to Gryphon Duvet Covers covers everything you need to know, including pricing, construction, and performance, as well as the company’s shipping and return policies.
Tuck readers get Gryphon duvet cover sets at the lowest possible price.Learn More
Now let’s see how Gryphon’s duvet covers have been rated for durability, temperature neutrality, feel and more.
Our ratings below are based on intensive product research and verified customer experiences.
Tuck’s testers were impressed with the comfort and feel of Gryphon’s duvet covers, giving all of the options high marks for their softness. Although the Comfort Washed duvet cover does have a tendency to wrinkle more than the other styles, the fact that all of Gryphon’s duvet covers can be machine washed appealed to our testers.
With the exception of the Comfort Washed duvet cover, which features a cooler percale weave, the Gryphon covers scored slightly lower on temperature regulation, as they tend to sleep a bit warmer than other options.
Still, the covers’ softness, durablity, and easy care, combined with the fact that they include inside fasteners to hold the duvet in place, impressed our testing team, especially given their wallet-friendly price-point.
We Recommend the Comfort Washed Duvet Cover Set If…
- You like the crisp feeling of percale.
- You prefer a casual, lived-in look for your bedding.
- You sleep hot.
We Recommend the Luxury Suite Duvet Cover Set If …
- You want a silky soft feeling that gets softer with every washing.
- You prefer an elegant weave with a bit of sheen.
- You want 100% American cotton that isn’t treated with chemicals.
We Recommend the Easy Care Performance Duvet Cover Set If…
- You want a duvet cover that resists wrinkles.
- You want a silky smooth finish with only a slight sheen.
- You tend to sleep cold and want a duvet cover that sleeps warmer.
Compare Duvet Covers
Simliar Duvet Cover Options
When shopping for a new duvet cover, it’s a good idea to compare the products you’re considering to other similar products. So how do Gryphon’s duvet covers stack up to other duvet cover sets?
To learn more about some comparable duvet covers, check out our selections below.
Supima Cotton Duvet Cover
Yalda Duvet Cover
Percale Duvet Cover
Sateen Duvet Cover
|Materials||100% Supima cotton||100% Egyptian Cotton||100% cotton||100% cotton|
|Sizes||Full/Queen and King/California King||Queen, King||Full/Queen and King/California King||Full/Queen and King/California King|
What You Need to Know About Gryphon Duvet Covers
Considering a Gryphon duvet cover set? Following are some important things to know about the covers, including sizing and pricing, care instructions, company policies, and more.
Sizing and Pricing
Gryphon offers duvet cover sets in Luxury Suite, Comfort Washed, and Easy Care Performance options. Only the Luxury Suite set is available in a twin size, which comes with a duvet cover and a single sham, and in the blush shade only. Otherwise, all styles are available in full/queen or king sizes in a set with a cover and two shams, in multiple colors.
- Twin $129.99 Luxury Suite
- Full $149.99 Comfort Washed $149.99 Luxury Suite $129.99 Easy Care Performance
- Queen $149.99 Comfort Washed $149.99 Luxury Suite $129.99 Easy Care Performance
- King $169.99 Comfort Washed $169.99 Luxury Suite $169.99 Easy Care Performance
What You Need to Know About Gryphon Duvet Covers
Read on to learn more about the construction of Gryphon’s duvet cover sets, including sizing and material makeup.
All of Gryphon’s duvet cover sets include a cover and two pillowcases, with the exception of the twin size set, which only includes one sham. Twin size duvet cover sets are only available in the Luxury Suite option; the Comfort Wash and Easy Care Performance duvet covers are only available in full/queen or king sizes.
All of Gryphon’s bedding is made from 100 percent Supima cotton, with the exception of the Easy Care Performance collection, which uses 80 percent Supima cotton and 20 percent polyester.
The Comfort Washed duvet cover offers a more casual and lived-in look than the Luxury Suite set, although it’s made from the same 100 percent Supima cotton.
The extra-long staple cotton is woven into a 200-thread count percale, creating a crisp and cool feeling that’s still exceptionally soft, and gets softer with every washing while resisting pilling and fading. Ideal for those who tend to sleep warm, the cover does tend to wrinkle more than the other option
The Luxury Suite duvet cover set is made from 100 percent Supima cotton. This cotton, which is only grown in the U.S. and represents only about 2 percent of the cotton produced in the world, features extra-long staple fibers that are exceptionally durable and resist pilling, while also providing exceptional softness that only gets better with washing.
The Luxury Suite duvet cover is modeled on luxury hotel linens, and uses a 300-thread count sateen weave that has a luxurious feel with a slight sheen.
Combining the softness and durability of Supima cotton with the durability and easy care of polyester, the Gryphon Easy Care Performance duvet cover is made from 80 percent Supima cotton and 20 percent high-performance polyester.
The result is a 360-thread count duvet cover that provides the elegant look and sheen of the Luxury Suite set with the easy maintenance of a cotton blend.
Because of the polyester in the fabric, this duvet cover is slightly less breathable than the others, making it a good choice for cooler climates. It does still offer the exceptional durability of the 100% cotton options, with the added benefit of better wrinkle resistance.
|Gryphon Collection||Material||Weave||Bundle Options||Colors/Patterns Available|
|Comfort Washed Duvet Cover Set||100% Supima cotton||Percale||1 duvet cover and 2 shams||White, stone, light gray,charcoal gray, sky blue, navy|
|Luxury Suite Duvet Cover Set||100% Supima cotton||Sateen||1 duvet cover and 2 shams (1 sham with Twin)||White, light or charcoal gray, sky blue, navy, blush, stone; Twin in blush only|
|Easy Care Performance Duvet Cover Set||80% Supima cotton, 20% performance polyester||Sateen||1 duvet cover and 2 shams||White, light gray, charcoal gray, sky blue, and navy|
Cleaning and Care
All of Gryphon’s duvet covers are machine-washable. Wash the covers in warm or cold water with a mild detergent, and tumble dry on low. Avoid using bleach or other harsh chemicals, which can cause discoloration. If necessary, you can remove wrinkles with a warm iron. The company also notes that replacing the duvet cover on the bed immediately after removing it from the dryer will help prevent or reduce wrinkles.
Gryphon Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Anywhere in the U.S.
Made In Bahrain
How do I decide which Gryphon duvet cover is right for me?
Gryphon offers a unique free trial program to help customers decide which style of duvet cover they prefer. For $1, you can order a sample kit that contains three pillowcases – one from each set – which you can try in your bed. Even if you decide not to order any additional linens, the pillowcases are yours to keep.
Does Gryphon offer free shipping?
Currently, Gryphon does not offer free shipping on their products. Shipping charges are based on the shipping address and method selected – standard shipping is the least expensive option. Orders typically ship within 24-48 hours, and arrive within 3-5 days when standard shipping is selected. The company only ships to U.S. addresses.
Does Gryphon allow returns?
You may return your Gryphon duvet cover for a full refund if you are not satisfied for any reason within 100 days of purchase.
Are Gryphon duvet covers environmentally friendly?
All of Gryphon’s products are Standard 100 OEKO-TEK certified, meaning that they are made without harmful materials or chemicals. The company is also part of the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), and committed to ensuring more sustainable cotton production methods worldwide.