Meet Our Testing Team
- Adjustable in increments and advanced home customization
- Longer lifespan than comparable over-the-counter MADs
- Adequate airflow to facilitate mouth breathing
- Allows lateral jaw movement
- If you have any ill-fitting crowns, bridge, or dentures, it won’t work
- You can’t close your mouth around it completely
- Some users say it comes out of their mouth while they’re sleeping
- Excess drooling and jaw soreness reported at first
- Some find the device feels “large” in their mouth
Half of all adults snore at least some of the time. For some people, though, it’s a chronic irritant that keeps them and anyone sleeping within earshot from getting a good night’s sleep. Some snorers have obstructive sleep apnea, but even so, it might be easily treatable.
One solution to consider is an anti-snoring mouthpiece. These are effective for most people, come at a modest cost, and are often a better solution than a costly and uncomfortable CPAP mask. This guide will show you the SnoreRx, a highly customizable and adjustable anti-snoring device.
SnoreRx is a Mandibular Adjustment Device (MAD) that is affordable and durable and might be a good solution for your snoring. We prepared this guide to tell you about the mouthpiece, its materials, how it stops snoring, cost, side-effects, customer reviews, and our expert rating of the device.
- Your tongue blocking your airway is the cause of your snoring
- You are willing to cope with possible soreness while your jaw adjusts
Compare Anti-Snoring Mouthpieces
What is SnoreRx and How Does it Work?
There are two types of over-the-counter anti-snoring devices. Both intend to keep your tongue from obstructing your airway, but they approach the problem differently.
- Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD) physically restrain the tongue by pressing it down so it can’t slide into the throat while you’re sleeping on your back.
- Mandibular Adjustment Devices (MAD) work by sliding the lower jaw forward and that moves the base of the tongue forward to prevent it from sliding back into the airway.
The SnoreRx anti-snoring device is a MAD. It pushes the jaw forward to keep your airway clear and can be adjusted in tiny increments so that it pushes your mandible enough to keep the throat unobstructed but not so much that it causes ongoing jaw discomfort.
How Does SnoreRx Compare to Other Mouthpieces?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our anti-snoring mouthpiece assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, adjustability, or price, we think it’s important to see how SnoreRx stacks up to other mouthpieces.
SnoreRx has two primary differentiators from other anti-snoring MADs on the market. The first is advanced customization and the second is durability. When you pay for an appliance to help stop snoring, you want to know that it will perform and last.
Based on our expert examination and customer reviews, the SnoreRx does both quite well. The soft inner portion of the mouthpiece is more customizable than competing “boil and bite” mouthpieces and can be re-boiled and customized to your bite up to three times to get it right.
Also, once you customize the bite pads, the forward movement of the lower jaw can be adjusted incrementally to optimize results and comfort. You can experiment with which setting works best for you and puts a stop to your snoring while minimizing side effects.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mouthpieces.
Similar Mouthpiece Options
PureSleep Anti-Snoring Dental Device
|Mouthpiece Type||mandibular advancement device||mandibular advancement device||mandibular advancement device||mandibular advancement device|
Mouthpiece Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the SnoreRx Mouthpiece
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices and return/warranty information for the SnoreRx mouthpiece, along with dimensions for both sizes.
|One-size-fits-all||The SnoreRx is designed to fit all adult mouths, it can be adjusted to fit a specific bite.||$99, or two for $154||30 nights, full refunds for all returns||No warranty, but 30 day return policy|
Construction and Features
Next, we’ll look at how the SnoreRx is designed. The following table lists material composition, adjustability information, and other product details.
|Mouthpiece Type||Material||Sizes||Customization?||Adjustability||Adjustment Method|
|SnoreRx||copolymer plastic||One size.||Boil and bite, it is placed in boiling water to soften then it is bitten, molding to your bite.||The SnoreRx uses a boil-and-bite method to adjust to your bite and can be further adjusted with a patented built-in mechanism (no tools required).||Slid into place by hand, 1 mm increments.|
The SnoreRx mouthpiece is available on the SnoreRx website. Buyers do not need a prescription to order this product.
Other Product Specifics
How Do You Customize the SnoreRx?
The SnoreRx is one of the most customizable MADs on the over-the-counter anti-snoring mouthpiece market. It’s second only to prescription appliances custom-fitted by a dentist. It’s easy to customize SnoreRx and you can re-fit up to three times over its useful life.
You will need these items on-hand to customize your SnoreRx:
- A small microwave-safe bowl of water
- Second bowl filled with cool tap water
- Spoon or tongs
To fit your SnoreRx, follow these steps.
- Set SnoreRx to the 3mm baseline setting. Squeeze the top and slide the bottom until the arrow points to the “3” on each side.
- Boil water to a full boil in the microwave in the cup/bowl.
- Submerge the mouthpiece in hot water for exactly 90 seconds.
- Dip SnoreRx out of the hot water with a spoon or tongs.
- Dip the device into the second bowl of room temperature water for three seconds.
- Bite the mouthpiece and hold the bite for 30 seconds.
- Dunk it back into the room temp water for a minute. It’s ready to use!
If you don’t see a clear bite mark impression, you may need to try again. You can repeat this process up to three times to make sure the fit is correct. There’s a custom video on YouTube to help you customize the mouthpiece and another on how to fine-tune it with the adjustment feature.
How to Care for Your SnoreRx
SnoreRx advises you brush daily with toothbrush and toothpaste but preferably an ultrasonic cleaner. They also recommend weekly cleaning with a denture tablet.
SnoreRx, like other MADs, is not recommended for wear with dentures, bridgework, loose teeth, braces, and other dental appliances.
The device can help alleviate night grinding, but if you’re an aggressive tooth grinder, this can wear out your SnoreRx faster than expected.
Users complain of initial jaw soreness, discomfort, salivation, and dry mouth. The maker recommends wearing the mouthpiece during waking hours to train the jaw to accommodate the MAD.
SnoreRx Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 30 nights
Shipping Cost varies with shipping method
Made In USA
Where Do They Ship?
SnoreRx ships mouthpieces anywhere in the U.S. and also provides international deliveries to most countries.
Here is the full SnoreRx shipping and delivery policy:
United States Postal Service
- First Class Delivery – 3-7 business days
- Priority Overnight – Next business day
- 2Day – Two Business days
- Home Delivery – 3-5 business days
FedEx deliveries are based on business days (Monday-Friday). SnoreRx does not offer Saturday delivery.
- International Economy – 4-6 business days
- International Priority – 1-3 business days
A fulfillment center in Canada will ship your order within 1-3 business days. Once your item has shipped you will be receive an email notification.
*Note: Delivery time dependent on customs clearance, customer responsible for all duties/taxes
Trial Period and Warranty Details
SnoreRx comes with a 30-night money back guarantee. Customers may return their mouthpiece at any point during the 30-night period in exchange for a full product refund.
The mouthpiece is not supported with a warranty, but can be returned during the 30 day trial period.
9 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with SnoreRx, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mouthpiece.
Apena Sciences, creators of the SnoreRx, was founded in 2009.
Find SnoreRx on Social