Meet Our Testing Team
- Exceptionally supportive, particularly around the edges
- Great motion isolation and minimal noise
- Below-average price-point
- One firmness/thickness option
- 30-night break-in period required with sleep trial
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is a five-layer bed built onto a profile measuring 25 centimeters (or 9.75 inches) thick. Its components include comfort layers of memory foam and synthetic latex, along with a 2-inch pocketed microcoil layer and a 6-inch base made from high-density polyfoam. The Simba Hybrid Mattress has a stretch polyester cover, as well.
Like many competing hybrids, the Simba offers a balanced sleep experience for most owners. It is considered ‘Medium Firm,’ or 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale, making it most suitable for sleepers in the average weight (130 to 230 pounds) and above-average weight (more than 230 pounds) categories. The mattress also isolates motion effectively and produces little noise, also making it a good option for couples. The Simba Hybrid is available in 12 different sizes to accommodate a wide range of customers.
Please note that the mattress is not considered a true hybrid by Tuck standards; a true hybrid has full-size pocketed coils, whereas the Simba Hybrid Mattress has microcoils measuring roughly 2 centimeters (or 0.75 inches) high.
For U.S. and Canadian readers: please note that the Simba Hybrid is manufactured in the United Kingdom and Poland, and at this time is exclusively available for delivery to customers in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
Read on to learn more about the Simba Hybrid Mattress. Below you’ll find information about sizes, pricing, firmness, and mattress construction, as well as performance ratings and information about Simba’s shipping, return, and warranty policies.
Get the Best Price on a Simba Mattress.Learn More
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Simba Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Simba Hybrid Mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Simba Hybrid Mattress has earned the highest customer satisfaction and tested best internally for back sleepers and those who weigh at least 130 pounds.
This is largely due to its ‘Medium Firm,’ surface, which may be too firm for side sleepers or those weighing less than 130 pounds – though satisfaction ratings in these groups are still relatively positive.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress measures roughly 9.75 inches thick, which is about average for hybrid models.
Simba Mattress Recommendations
- You are on a budget and looking for a relatively inexpensive bed
- You tend to sleep hot, as the hybrid sleeps cool and comfortable for most
- You want a mattress that conforms to some extent, but not too closely
- You share your bed with someone else
How Does the Simba Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Simba mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is a ‘Medium Firm’ mattress measuring 9.75 inches thick. It offers great support and comfort for back sleepers, as well as those who weigh at least 130 pounds.
The mattress is also suitable for hot sleepers, due to good airflow throughout the support core layers that keeps the bed feeling cool and comfortable. And thanks to its good motion isolation and low noise potential, the Simba Hybrid Mattress is a great choice for couples.
At this time, the mattress is only sold and shipped to customers in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|SLEEP TRIAL||120 nights||100 nights||365 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year||10 Year, Limited||Limited Lifetime||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About The Simba Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
The next table displays measurements and current prices for all 12 sizes of the Simba Hybrid Mattress. The sizes are divided into two categories, UK and Euro.
Please note that prices are displayed in pounds sterling, not dollars; Simba does not ship mattresses to any countries that use the U.S. dollar as primary currency.
|Size Category||Mattress Size||Dimensions (cm)||Dimensions (inches)||Thickness||Price|
|UK||Small Single||75W x 200L||29.5W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£379|
|Single||90W x 190L||35.5W x 74.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£399|
|Small Double||120W x 190L||47.25W x 74.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£599|
|Double||135W x 190L||53W x 74.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£599|
|King||150W x 200L||59W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£699|
|Super King||180W x 200L||71W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£799|
|Emperor||200W x 200L||78.75L x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£899|
|Euro||EU Small Single||80W x 200L||31.5W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£399|
|EU Single||90W x 200L||35.5W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£449|
|EU Double||140W x 190L||55W x 74.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£649|
|EU Double L||140W x 200L||55W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£649|
|EU Queen||160W x 200L||63W x 78.75L||25 cm (9.75″)||£749|
Construction and Firmness
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is ‘Medium Firm,’ or 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. Because it is manufactured and exclusively sold in Europe, all product specifications are displayed using metric measurements.
The table below includes metric composition specs (in cm) with conversions (in “), as well as firmness and thickness information.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Simba Hybrid Mattress||6.5 (Medium Firm)||25 cm (9.75″)||2 cm (.75″) Pocketed Microcoils
15.5 cm (6″) HD Polyfoam
|1.5″ Synthetic Latex
1.5″ Memory Foam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is available on the Simba website, as well as Amazon UK.
The mattress is also sold through John Lewis, a brick-and-mortar furniture retailer based in London, as well as other brick-and-mortar locations in the United Kingdom.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress may be shipped throughout the United Kingdom, as well as to Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands; deliveries outside these locations are not available at this time.
Simba Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Warranty 10 Year
Made In UK and Poland
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed, wrapped in plastic, and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
Anywhere in the United Kingdom, as well as Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
White Glove Delivery?
White glove delivery is offered for a $169 charge and includes old mattress removal.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Simba is as follows:
- Standard deliveries are coordinated through the UPS; these orders are free of charge to all customers. Standard delivery is offered Monday to Friday. Most customers receive their mattress in one to three business days after placing their order.
- In addition to free standard delivery, Simba offers two other options. Express delivery is also free of charge, and offered Monday to Saturday between 8am and 6pm; this option is coordinated through DLD Local. Two-day premium delivery, Simba’s White Glove option, includes in-home mattress delivery and old mattress disposal upon request. Premium delivery costs £20 for no old mattress removal, or £40 with old mattress removal.
- Standard and express deliveries do not require residents to be at home and sign for their package when their mattress arrives.
Old Mattress Removal
Old mattress removal is available with premium deliveries; this service costs £20 on top of the £20 base rate for premium delivery, bringing the total to £40. Old mattress removal is not available with standard or express deliveries.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Simba offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- This sleep trial includes a 30-night break-in period. Customers will not qualify for a full refund when they return their mattress unless they have slept on it for at least 30 nights.
- The sleep trial begins on the delivery date.
- Full refunds are issued for all returns; Simba will coordinate the mattress pickup at the customer’s residence. This service is available for all customers, regardless of their country of residence.
- Refunds are usually processed within three to five business days.
- All returned mattresses are either recycled or donated to charity.
Simba offers a 10-year limited warranty on all mattresses.
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Simba will cover all replacement costs for defective mattresses for as long as the warranty is valid.
- As part of the warranty, Simba asks owners to rotate the mattress once per month during the first three months, and then every three to six months after that. Rotating the mattress will help preserve the bed from wear and tear.
- Simba products that have been discontinued are still covered under their full original warranty.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Physical flaws in the mattress, including defects related to the cover
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Wear and tear that occurs while the mattress is being moved or rotated.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Simba, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Simba was launched in 2015.
Simba does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, but the mattress is sold in John Lewis furniture stores and other physical locations throughout the United Kingdom.
Find Simba on Social