Meet Our Testing Team
- Luxury construction for comfort and durability
- 100% cotton is breathable to allow for excellent temperature regulation
- Detailing options (embroidering and linen cuffs) are attractive and unique
- Custom sizing options are available
- Machine-washable, growing softer and more comfortable with each wash
- Only available in twin, queen, and king sizes
- No sleep trial or warranty available
- Returns are only accepted unopened and unused within thirty days
Our readers can buy Peacock Alley sheet sets at the lowest available price.Learn More
Now let’s see how the Clara sheet set from Peacock Alley has been rated for durability, temperature neutrality, feel and more.
Our ratings below are based on intensive product research and verified customer experiences.
Our testing team was impressed by the Clara set, awarding it ratings which ranged from ‘good’ to ‘very good’ in every category. The collection offers better-than-average durability despite a lower thread count. We also recommend the Clara set to customers who value comfort and softness in their sheets. Sateen has a very silky texture.
Sateen is smoother, heavier, and less breathable than other weave options, so customers should keep this in mind when shopping for a new bedding collection.
Peacock Alley Sheet Recommendations
We Recommend the Clara Sateen Set if…
- You like a silky, satiny feel to your sheets
- You want a luxurious sheet set at a slightly lower price
- You are interested in a less wrinkle-prone weave
How Do Peacock Alley Clara Sateen Sheets Compare to Other Bedding Collections?
As a luxury bedding company, Peacock Alley offers sheet sets which are often more expensive than competing options. Peacock Alley’s Clara set differs from most budget sheet sets in three ways:
- Peacock Alley only use fabrics which have been woven in Italy and Portugal, traditional centers for the textile industry with a long history of craftsmanship.
- Their sheet sets have a 320 thread count, which is moderate to high.
- All of the cotton fibers used are long-staple. The longer a cotton fiber is, the fewer fibers need to be used to create a textile. This allows for superior comfort and durability, as well as sheets which grow softer over time.
Other bedding brands may offer similar a thread count and fiber type. In these cases, the differences are mostly to be found in appearance, feel, and price.
Simliar Sheet Options
Organic Sateen Sheet Set
Bamboo Sateen Sheets
|MATERIAL||100% Organic Cotton||100% long-staple Egyptian cotton||60% rayon from bamboo, 40% cotton|
|AVAILABLE SIZES||Twin, Full, Queen, King||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King||Twin, Queen, King|
What You Need to Know About Peacock Alley Clara Sateen Sheets
When buying a sheet set, it’s important to be clear on sizing, pricing, and the details of the construction. In this section we will walk you through these features, as well as outline how to take care of your Peacock Alley sheets once you have brought them home.
Sizing and Pricing
Current prices and sizing for the Clara sheet set are available below. All sets come with a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases.
- Twin $425
- Queen $455
- King $525
|Size||Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases|
|Queen||96W” x 115L”||60W” x 80L”||20W” x 30L”|
|King||115W” x 115L”||78W” x 80L”||20W” x 40L”|
|Cal King||115W” x 115L”||72W” x 84L”||20W” x 40L”|
Materials and Construction
While Peacock Alley sells a range of sheet sets with several unique qualities, our testers found that the Clara set offers high-quality construction, with flat seams that are resistant to unraveling and tears. Each item in this collection is also made with 100 percent cotton textiles crafted in Italy and Portugal.
Sateen weave is one of the softest weaves for sheets, creating a silky texture which drapes against the body. The long-staple cotton allows for a sheet which is both comfortable and durable, growing softer (though weaker) with time and repeated washes. At 320, the thread count is lower than the company’s other lines but still high enough for a luxurious weight.
|Product Name||Material||Weave||Bundle Options||Colors/Patterns Available|
|Clara Sateen Sheet Set||100% long-staple cotton||Sateen||One flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. Also available separately.||White and ivory. Colored detailing available when bought separately.|
Cleaning and Care
Peacock Alley suggests the following steps for cleaning their 100 percent cotton sateen sheets:
- Machine wash on gentle, using cool water and making sure not to wrap the sheets around the agitator.
- Always use a gentle detergent so as not to damage the cotton fibers.
- Tumble-dry on your machine’s low heat setting, removing the sheets promptly once the cycle is finished to avoid wrinkles.
- Avoid using dryer sheets, as these coat the cotton fibers and can damage them over time.
Sleep Trial None
Made In Italy and Portugal
Does Peacock Alley offer free shipping?
Free shipping is available on all orders within the continental USA.
What is their Delivery Policy?
Peacock Alley ships via UPS and offers expedited shipping (for an additional fee) within the continental USA. International orders must be initiated via email rather than through the ordinary website.
Do Peacock Alley products ever go on sale?
As a luxury bedding company, Peacock Alley rarely offers their products at sale prices.
Can you customize your Peacock Alley sheets?
Peacock Alley offers custom sheet sizes, as well as embroidered monograms.
Can I request a fabric swatch before purchase?
Complimentary fabric swatches are available for the Clara sateen sheets.
9 of 10 owner experiences show customers have a positive experience.
Peacock Alley was founded by Mary Ella Gabler in 1973.
Peacock Alley has earned an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
Peacock Alley operates stores in the continental USA. Their products are also available at retailers such as Tuesday Morning.
Contact Peacock Alley
Find Peacock Alley on Social