Meet Our Testing Team
- Good temperature neutrality, strong edge support, and responsiveness for sex
- Wide selection of innersprings and hybrids with different firmness settings
- White Glove delivery offered free-of-charge for all online orders
- Mattresses can be tested out and purchased at brick-and-mortar showrooms and retail stores across the country
- Below-average durability and motion isolation
- Limited trial period from some models and expensive return fees when purchased from Serta.com
Get the best price available on Serta Hybrid and Innersrping Mattresses.Check Price
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Serta Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Serta mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Perfect sleeper
- Icomfort hybrid
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, both the Perfect Sleeper and iComfort mattress collections have earned positive reviews from side and back sleepers weighing 230 lbs. or less.
Heavier sleepers may find the softer Serta hybrids and innersprings lack proper support. These individuals will likely feel most comfortable on one of the firmer models.
Serta Innerspring and Hybrid Recommendations
- You like the feel of a responsive mattress.
- You tend to sleep hot.
- You prefer thicker, high-profile beds.
How Do Serta Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Serta hybrids and innersprings stack up to other beds.
A sleeper’s experience with a Serta hybrid or innerspring will largely depend on the selected model. Generally, the softer beds are best suited to lighter people – particularly side sleepers who need extra cushioning beneath their shoulders and hips.
Mattresses with ‘Medium’ to ‘Medium Firm’ settings are ideal for back and stomach sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 lbs. Heavier individuals will probably find the ‘Firm’ models most comfortable.
Because Serta offers a wide selection, most sleepers should be able to find a hybrid or innerspring that works for them.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|SLEEP TRIAL||120 nights||365 nights||180 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year||Lifetime||15 Year, Non-prorated||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Serta Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current price ranges for the Perfect Sleeper and iComfort collection models in each available size. Please note that some models are offered in multiple firmness settings, and selecting certain firmness options may lower or raise the price.
- Twin $399 to $999 (Perfect Sleeper) $659 $1,059 (iComfort)
- Twin XL $429 to $1,029 (Perfect Sleeper) $749 to $2,449 (iComfort)
- Full $479 to $1,079 (Perfect Sleeper) $919 to $2,619 (iComfort)
- Queen $499 to $1,099 (Perfect Sleeper) $1,099 to $2,799 (iComfort)
- King $699 to $1,499 (Perfect Sleeper) $1,599 to $3,499 (iComfort)
- Cal King $699 to $1,499 (Perfect Sleeper) $1,599 to $3,499 (iComfort)
Construction and Firmness
The firmness setting of a Serta mattress will vary by selected model, and some models offer multiple options. The table below features a breakdown of all innerspring and hybrid components and dimensions; due to the extensive selection in the Perfect Sleeper and iComfort series, firmness and thickness are expressed in ranges.
Please note that Serta does not disclose certain mattress specifications, including coil gauge, foam density, and cover composition.
|Serta Series||Firmness Options (Range)||Thickness Options (Range)||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components (Range)||Cover Components|
|Perfect Sleeper||3 (Soft) to 8 (Firm)||10 1/2″ to 16 1/4″||Pocketed Coils||1″ to 3″ Standard Polyfoam
1″ to 2″ Standard Memory Foam
1/2″ to 1″ Gel Memory Foam
|iComfort||3 (Soft) to 7 (Firm)||12″ to 16 1/4″||Pocketed Coils||2 to 4 1/2″ Polyfoam
2″ Memory Foam
1/2″ to 3″ Gel Memory Foam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
Serta innerspring and hybrid mattresses are available on the Serta website, as well as Amazon.com and other online mattress retailers.
Serta mattresses are also sold in numerous retail stores across the country; however, the company does not operate any brick-and-mortar showrooms. Customers should take note: certain models may not be available to purchase online.
Sleep Trial 45 to 120 nights
Shipping Free White Glove delivery for all orders
Warranty 10 years, nonprorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Serta mattresses are wrapped in plastic and shipped uncompressed.
Where Do They Ship?
Serta ships mattresses to the contiguous U.S. only.
White Glove Delivery?
All orders from Serta qualify for free White Glove delivery, which includes in-home assembly and old mattress removal. Standard shipping is not available.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Serta is as follows:
- Customers will receive an ‘automated pre-call contact’ within 24 hours of placing their mattress order. Delivery agents will then work with customers to arrange a suitable delivery time. Most mattresses are delivered within seven to 10 business days of the original order; delivery agents will arrange for the mattress to be dropped off within a four-hour window period. Deliveries occur between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday, as well limited Saturday deliveries.
- Purchasers must be home at the time of their mattress delivery.
- White Glove personnel restrict their deliveries to two flights of stairs or less. Purchasers who do not meet this criteria should contact Serta to coordinate a suitable delivery plan.
- Customers may order out-of-stock items, but the wait time will extend to at least 10 business days; all out-of-stock orders will receive a notification once the item has been purchased.
Old Mattress Removal
Old mattress removal is included with Serta’s complimentary White Glove delivery.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Serta offers a 120-night sleep trial for iComfort mattresses and a 45-night sleep trial for Perfect Sleeper mattresses.
- Both the 120-night and 45-night sleep trials have mandatory 30-night break-in periods. Customers must test out the mattress for at least 30 nights before they will be eligible to exchange it or return it for a refund.
- Customers who choose to return their mattress after 30 nights have elapsed will receive a partial refund, minus a return and disposal fee that amounts to 15% of the original product price along with a $200 shipping and handling fee.
- Those who opt to exchange their mattress after 30 nights will be responsible for shipping charges associated with the new mattress delivery.
- Each customer is limited to one sleep trial.
- Serta will not accept damaged mattresses for return.
Serta offers a 10-year warranty for all Perfect Sleeper and iComfort innerspring and hybrid mattresses.
- Serta will, at its sole option, choose to repair or replace all mattresses that are deemed defective. If a product needing replacement has been discontinued, then Serta will replace it with the most comparable current model.
- Warranty coverage begins on the original date of purchase.
- All Serta innersprings and hybrids are designed for use with an ‘appropriate frame with center support or a minimum of 5 cross slats with center support that extends to the floor’. Use of an improper foundation may lead to damage that will void warranty coverage.
- The warranty will cover the following product defects:
- Visible indentations or sagging in the top surface that measure three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) in smooth-top hybrid mattresses, or one and a half inches (1 1/2″) in quilted innersprings and hybrids.
- Wires that are ‘loose, broken, or protruding through the fabric’.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Costs related to transportation and inspection of potentially defective mattresses.
- Normal changes in foam softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities, or visible indentations or sagging that do not measure more than three-quarters of an inch (3/4″) on smooth-top hybrids and one and a half inches (1 1/2″) for quilted innersprings and hybrids. These issues are all considered standard wear and tear.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of damage that occur due to owner misuse, improper handling or cleaning, and/or inadequate foundational support.
- Requests for repairs or replacements that occur due to poor sheet fit, incorrect bed height, and/or owner comfort preferences.
- Serta reserves the right to deny warranty claims for mattresses that are soiled, mold-infested, or otherwise considered unsanitary.
- Warranty coverage is exclusively reserved for original purchasers who buy their mattress from Serta or an authorized Serta retailer. Those who buy or acquire their Serta mattress from the original owner or an unauthorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
6 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Serta, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Serta was founded in 1931 as Sleeper, Inc. The name was changed to Serta International, and the company was controlled and operated by National Bedding Company until 2005 when it was purchased by the Ares Corporate Opportunities Fund and Teachers’ Private Capital.
Serta does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores, but their mattresses and other products are available at showrooms and retail stores across the country.
Online email form | 1-888-557-3782 | Serta.com
Find Serta on Social