Meet Our Testing Team
- Customizable firmness settings
- Consistent temperature neutrality
- Strong edge support
- Below-average pricing and free shipping to contiguous U.S.
- ‘A+’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Mattress is somewhat heavy and difficult to move
- Sleep trial requires 30-night break-in period
Save 20% on a Rubix mattress.
Use the code TUCK20 at checkoutGet Discount
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Rubix Mattress?
The Rubix has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Rubix is highly customizable, thanks to its three Energex foam layers with different firmness settings.
Those who weigh less than 130 pounds are likely to prefer a top ‘Soft’ layer and a bottom ‘Medium’ layer for close body conforming; this is particularly true for side sleepers who need extra cushioning beneath their shoulders and hips to align the spine and alleviate pressure.
Average weight sleepers (130 to 230 pounds) may find that a top ‘Medium’ layer and a bottom ‘Soft’ or ‘Firm’ layer provides a good balance of support and conforming.
Those who weigh more than 230 pounds and/or sleep on their back or stomach will probably prefer the ‘Firm’ layer on top.
A total of six combinations are available, so those with atypical preferences for their weight/position groups will probably find a suitable setting, as well.
Rubix Mattress Recommendations
- You’d like to purchase a hybrid mattress at a lower-than-average price-point
- Your firmness preferences fluctuate throughout the night
- You tend to sleep hot
- You prefer sleeping on mattresses with relatively thick profiles
How Does the Rubix Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Rubix mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Rubix offers a firmness range of ‘Soft’ to ‘Firm,’ thanks to its customizable foam comfort layers. As a result, the mattress accommodates most sleepers regardless of their body type, sleep position, or comfort preferences; this feature is advantageous for those whose firmness preferences tend to fluctuate night-to-night.
Additionally, the Rubix is a good choice for hot sleepers because of strong airflow throughout the coil layer, which helps cool down the mattress. It also provides strong edge support, and isolates motion transfer to a noticeable extent.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|AVAILABILITY||online||online and in-store||online|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||180 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||15 Year, Non-prorated|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About The Rubix Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
The next table lists width, length, and thickness dimensions for the Rubix in each available size, along with current price-points.
- Twin $899
- Twin XL $949
- Full $1,099
- Queen $1,249
- King $1,499
- Cal King $1,499
Construction and Firmness
First, let’s take a closer look at how the Rubix is constructed. The mattress has a customizable comfort layer; the bed comes with ‘Soft,’ ‘Medium,’ and ‘Firm’ polyfoam layers that can be swapped out and rearranged to adjust the firmness.
Because two of these layers can be used at any given time, there are six possible firmness settings.
A configuration with a top ‘Soft’ layer and a bottom ‘Medium’ layer results in a ‘Soft’ feel, or a 3 on the 1-10 firmness scale; this appears to be the softest setting. The firmest setting features a top ‘Firm’ layer and a bottom ‘Medium’ layer; this setting is ‘Firm’ (7.5).
The other configurations fall between 4 and 7.5 on the 1-10 scale.
The following table lists thickness and material composition specs for the Rubix.
|Product Name||Firmness Range||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Rubix||3 (Soft) to 7.5 (Firm)
Firmness varies, depending on how the 3 customizable foam layers are arranged
|14 1/2″||6″ Pocketed Coils
1″ HD Polyfoam
|1 1/2″ Quilted Foam
4″ Customizable Polyfoam Layers (x2)
2″ Transitional Polyfoam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Rubix is available for sale on the Rubix by Brooklyn Bedding website, as well as Amazon.com.
Brooklyn Bedding operates a total of 19 brick-and-mortar stores, 17 in Arizona and two in Utah. The brand’s mattresses are also sold in other retail locations across the country. Please visit the store map on Brooklyn Bedding’s website for more information.
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Warranty 10 Years
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
White glove delivery is not available from Brooklyn Bedding at this time.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Brooklyn Bedding is as follows:
- All U.S. deliveries are coordinated through FedEx, while Canadian deliveries are coordinated through UPS. Orders are processed within two to three business days before the mattresses ship; once shipped, most customers receive their mattress within three to five business days.
- Brooklyn Bedding offers free ground shipping to all customers in the contiguous U.S. Deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii start at $125; deliveries to Canada start at $250.
- Per warranty rules, the mattress must be unpackaged within 60 days of the delivery date.
Old Mattress Removal
Old mattress removal is not available with any Brooklyn Bedding orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Zoned Mattress.
- Brooklyn Bedding requires a 30-night break-in period for this sleep trial. Customers may not return their mattress for a full refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed. Please note: the sleep trial begins on the delivery date, not the purchase date.
- Brooklyn Bedding also offers mattress exchanges during this trial period. The company covers exchange shipping fees, but customers must cover upgrade costs if they exchange their Rubix for a more expensive model.
- Each customer can participate in this sleep trial once per calendar year.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year warranty:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Brooklyn Bedding will repair or replace any mattress with recognized defects for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Brooklyn Bedding: “Brooklyn Bedding mattresses have been designed to be used on foundations with solid support with little or no give. This includes slatted wood or metal foundations with slats no more than 4? apart, wood or metal box foundations, and solid wood or metal platforms. Substitution or use of improper foundations such as old box springs (5+ years or more) without solid support, slatted wood or metal foundations with slats more than 4? apart, will void your mattress warranty.” Brooklyn Bedding may require photographic proof of a proper support system when owners file a warranty claim.
- The warranty will be voided if the mattress is not removed from its shipping box within 60 nights and damage occurs as a result.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper.
Defects that cause the foam’s cellular structure to deteriorate.
Physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split or crack despite proper use and handling.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness. These issues are considered normal wear and tear.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Brooklyn Bedding or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not qualify for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Brooklyn Bedding, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding, LLC was founded in 2009. Its parent company, R&S Mattress, was established in 1995.
Brooklyn Bedding operates 19 brick-and-mortar locations; 17 are located in Arizona and two are in Utah. Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are also sold at numerous brick-and-mortar retail locations nationwide. To learn more, visit the store map on Brooklyn Bedding’s website.
Contact Brooklyn Bedding
1-888-210-8751 | RubixMattress.com
Find Brooklyn Bedding on Social