Meet Our Testing Team
- Luxury construction for comfort and durability
- 100% cotton is breathable to allow for excellent temperature regulation
- Detailing options (embroidering and linen cuffs) are attractive and unique
- Custom sizing options are available
- Machine-washable, growing softer and more comfortable with each wash
- Limited color palette, particularly for their Supima sheets
- Only available in queen, king, and California king sizes
- No sleep trial or warranty available
- Returns are only accepted unopened and unused within thirty days
Peacock Alley was one of America’s first luxury linen companies. For over 45 years, they have been offering top-of-the-line bedding made using the high-quality textiles they import from Italy and Portugal. These offerings include the company’s three lines of 100 percent cotton sheets, available in three styles: sateen, percale, and Supima percale.
Regardless of weave or style, Peacock Alley uses only long-staple or extra-long staple cotton. This choice results in sheets which are extremely durable, and that only grow softer with time, use, and repeated washing. High thread counts, beginning at 320-count for the company’s sateen range, allow for a comfortable weight and a longer lifespan.
Customers who sleep warm will gravitate towards Peacock Alley’s two percale-weave lines, as this weave is known to be extremely breathable. With a crisp, four-star hotel feel and a classic appearance, percale is an ideal choice for hot climates or summer sleeping. Supima percale differs in its use of Supima cotton, a high-quality and extra-long staple variety grown in the USA.
The sateen range is heavier to the touch and slightly warmer, with the satin-like texture which gives this weave its name. It is also less expensive due to a lower thread count.
As with many other luxury bedding brands, Peacock Alley’s sheet sets are available only in a selection of neutral shades. However, the sateen and percale lines (not Supima percale) can be purchased with unique detailing such as embroidery and linen cuffs, which are available in a wider range of colors.
Buy a set of Peacock Alley sheets at the lowest available price.Learn More
Now let’s see how Peacock Alley sheets have been rated for durability, temperature neutrality, feel and more.
Our ratings below are based on intensive product research and verified customer experiences.
Our testing team was impressed by each of the three sheet sets, awarding them ratings which ranged from ‘good’ to ‘excellent’ in every category. All sets offer better-than-average durability, with the sateen line only falling from the top tier due to its slightly lower thread count and percale’s superior strength.
For customers who value comfort and softness in their sheets, Peacock Alley’s sateen and Supima lines are the best choice. Sateen is naturally silky, and Supima uses ultra-soft long-staple pima cotton for a buttery-soft touch. The ordinary percale line is less soft, but still luxurious.
While each sheet style has its own strengths, most people will want to make a decision based on their preferred weave type. Sateen is smoother, heavier, and less breathable, while percale has a crisp linen feel with excellent breathability. The Supima line falls between them, with a heavier weight, softer touch, and exceptional strength.
Peacock Alley Sheet Recommendations
We Recommend the Percale Set if…
- You sleep warm and enjoy very breathable sheets
- You appreciate a crisp, clean texture
- You prefer percale but aren’t interested in Supima cotton
We Recommend the Sateen Set if…
- You like a silky, satiny feel to your sheets
- You want a luxurious sheet set at a slightly lower price
- You are interested in a less wrinkle-prone weave
We Recommend the Supima Set if…
- You are looking for a top-of-the-line sheet set
- You sleep warm or live in a hot climate
- You want extra-durable percale sheets
How Do Peacock Alley Sheets Compare to Other Bedding Collections?
As a luxury bedding company, Peacock Alley offers sheet sets which are often more expensive than competing options. Regardless of the sheet style, Peacock Alley’s sheets differ from most budget sheet sets in three ways:
- They only use fabrics which have been woven in Italy and Portugal, traditional centers for the textile industry with a long history of craftsmanship.
- Their sheet sets have high thread counts, ranging from 320-count (the sateen range) to 500-count (for their percale line).
- All of the cotton fibers used are long-staple or extra-long staple. The longer a cotton fiber is, the fewer fibers need to be used to create a textile. This allows for superior comfort and durability, as well as sheets which grow softer over time.
Other bedding brands may offer similar thread counts and fiber types. In these cases, the differences are mostly to be found in appearance, feel, and price.
Simliar Sheet Options
Percale Solid Sheets
Cool Supima Sheets
Bamboo Sateen Sheets
|MATERIAL||100% organic cotton||100% Supima cotton||60% rayon from bamboo, 40% cotton|
|AVAILABLE SIZES||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, Split King||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King||Twin, Queen, King|
What You Need to Know About Peacock Alley Sheets
When buying a sheet set, it’s important to be clear on sizing, pricing, and the details of the construction. In this section we will walk you through these features, as well as outline how to take care of your Peacock Alley sheets once you have brought them home.
Sizing and Pricing
Current prices and sizing for all three of Peacock Alley’s sheet sets is available below. (Please note that the sateen line is unavailable in the California king size.) All sets come with a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases.
- Queen $740 Percale $455 Sateen $710 Supima
- King $820 Percale $525 Sateen $780 Supima
- Cal King $820 Percale Sateen not available $780 Supima
|Size||Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases||Availability|
|Queen||96W” x 115L”||60W” x 80L”||20W” x 30L”||Percale Sheet Set, Sateen Sheet Set, and Supima Sheet Set|
|King||115W” x 115L”||78W” x 80L”||20W” x 40L”||Percale Sheet Set, Sateen Sheet Set, and Supima Sheet Set|
|Cal King||115W” x 115L”||72W” x 84L”||20W” x 40L”||Percale Sheet Set and Supima Sheet Set|
Materials and Construction
While Peacock Alley sells a range of sheet sets with several unique qualities, our testers found that each set offers high-quality construction, with flat seams which are resistant to unraveling and tears. Each style is also made with 100 percent cotton textiles crafted in Italy and Portugal.
- Percale: Peacock Alley’s percale range differs from sateen in more than weave. Its 500 thread count is the highest of their sheet sets, and the extra long-staple cotton creates an even smoother, better-wearing texture. However, these sheets are also slightly less soft than sateen due to the crisp texture of percale weave. With a fresh and breathable feel, percale is ideal for hot climates or warm sleepers.
- Sateen: Sateen weave is one of the softest weaves for sheets, creating a silky texture which drapes against the body and is slightly warmer than percale. The long-staple cotton allows for a sheet which is both comfortable and durable, growing softer (though weaker) with time and repeated washes. At 320, the thread count is lower than the company’s other lines but still high enough for a luxurious weight.
- Supima: The company’s second percale-weave offering is their Supima line, made using the luxurious Supima cotton (which is grown only in the USA). This varietal of pima cotton represents less than 1 percent of cotton grown in the world and is widely regarded as one of the best options for cotton fabrics. Although the thread count (at 450) is lower than the percale line, this is offset by the extra long-staple fibers which create a sheet with excellent comfort and durability.
|Product Name||Material||Weave||Bundle Options||Colors/Patterns Available|
|Percale Sheet Set||100% extra long-staple cotton||Percale||One flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. Also available separately.||White, ivory, linen, and platinum. Colored detailing available when bought separately.|
|Sateen Sheet Set||100% long-staple cotton||Sateen||One flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. Also available separately.||White and ivory. Colored detailing available when bought separately.|
|Supima Sheet Set||100% extra long-staple Supima cotton||Percale||One flat sheet, one fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. Also available separately.||White and ivory.|
Cleaning and Care
Peacock Alley suggests the following steps for cleaning their 100 percent cotton sheets:
- Machine wash on gentle, using cool water and making sure not to wrap the sheets around the agitator.
- Always use a gentle detergent so as not to damage the cotton fibers.
- Tumble-dry on your machine’s low heat setting, removing the sheets promptly once the cycle is finished to avoid wrinkles.
- Avoid using dryer sheets, as these coat the cotton fibers and can damage them over time.
Percale-weave sheets are prone to wrinkles. However, this can be limited by ironing your sheets on a hot/warm iron setting while the sheets are slightly damp.
Peacock Alley Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial None
Made In Italy and Portugal
Does Peacock Alley offer free shipping?
Free shipping is available on all orders within the continental USA.
What is their Delivery Policy?
Peacock Alley ships via UPS and offers expedited shipping (for an additional fee) within the continental USA. International orders must be initiated via email rather than through the ordinary website.
Do Peacock Alley products ever go on sale?
As a luxury bedding company, Peacock Alley rarely offers their products at sale prices.
Can you customize your Peacock Alley sheets?
Peacock Alley offers custom sheet sizes, as well as embroidered monograms.
Can I request a fabric swatch before purchase?
Complimentary fabric swatches are available for all of Peacock Alley’s sheet ranges.
9 of 10 owner experiences show customers have a positive experience.
Peacock Alley was founded by Mary Ella Gabler in 1973.
Peacock Alley has earned an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
Peacock Alley operates stores in the continental USA. Their products are also available at retailers such as Tony Bahama and Tuesday Morning.
Contact Peacock Alley
Find Peacock Alley on Social