Meet Our Testing Team
- Consistent body conforming and pressure relief
- Excellent motion isolation and no noise
- Free ground shipping on all orders in contiguous U.S.
- Nonprorated 10-year warranty
- Limited responsiveness
- Expensive price-point
- No sleep trial
Get the best price on the memory foam TEMPUR-Adapt Topper from Tempur-Pedic.Get Discount
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Tempur-Pedic Mattress Topper?
Based on our customer feedback, the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattress toppers. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a topper.
As you can see, the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper earned the highest ratings from side and back sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less. The topper’s ‘medium’ feel ensures a balance of body conforming and sleeper support. Those who weigh more than 230 pounds are likely to find the topper too soft and prone to sinking.
How Do Tempur-Pedic Toppers Compare to Other Toppers?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our topper assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper stacks up to other toppers.
Constructed from high-quality memory foam, the 3-inch TEMPUR-Adapt Topper excels at consistent body conforming, pain and pressure relief, and motion isolation. It may sleep warm for some and/or emit off-gassing odor after the break-in period has concluded, but overall most sleepers find the topper comfortable and supportive.
Side and back sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less are likely to feel most comfortable on the topper, while people who weigh more than 230 pounds may find it too soft and prone to sagging.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Topper Options
Topper Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices for the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper in each available size. The first number represents the total price after the brand’s 20 percent discount has been applied, and the second number represents the non-discounted price. Please note the 20 percent discount also includes a TEMPUR-Cloud Pillow and sleep mask at no extra charge.
- Twin $239.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $299 (no discount)
- Twin Long $239.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $299 (no discount)
- Double $279.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $349 (no discount)
- Queen $319.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $399 (no discount)
- King $359.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $449 (no discount)
- Cali King $359.20 (20% off + pillow and sleep mask) $449 (no discount)
Construction and Firmness
The TEMPUR-Adapt Topper measures 3 inches thick and has a ‘medium’ feel. In addition to the foam interior, the topper comes with a machine-washable cover. The table below lists thickness, firmness, and material composition specs for the topper.
|Topper Model||Firmness||Material Components
|TEMPUR-Adapt Topper by Tempur-Pedic||‘medium||Memory foam||Quilted polyester (removable and washable)||3″|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
Set-Up and Care Instructions
The set-up process for the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper is as follows:
- Toppers are shipped compressed in a box. For best results on first-time use, owners should allow their topper to expand to its full shape before sleeping on it.
- The TEMPUR-Topper may emit some off-gassing odor when new. Before using, owners may want to air it out in a well-ventilated room.
The cleaning and care process for the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper is as follows:
- Do not wash the topper’s foam interior in a machine or have the topper dry cleaned.
- The cover can be removed. It should be washed in cold water, then dried on a low setting or air-dried. Do not put the cover back on until it has completely dried.
- Avoid using chlorine and heavy-duty stain removers when washing the cover.
The TEMPUR-Adapt Topper is available for sale on the Tempur-Pedic website, as well as Amazon.com (where it may be sold under alternate names).
Sleep Trial None
Shipping Free for all orders in contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
Where Do They Ship?
Tempur-Pedic ships the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and other U.S. territories. U.S. military personnel may also order toppers from Air/Army Post Offices (APOs) and Fleet Post Offices (FPOs).
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Tempur-Pedic toppers is as follows:
- All customers in the contiguous U.S. qualify for free ground shipping. Those in Alaska, Hawaii, as well as Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, pay a flat shipping fee of $50.
- Expedited delivery is not available. However, customers in the contiguous U.S. who purchase a mattress or foundation with their topper qualify for free White Glove delivery, which includes in-home assembly and old mattress removal. This service costs $600 for those who live outside the mainland U.S.
- Tempur-Pedic offers shipping to APO and FPO locations for military personnel. However, customers may not upgrade these orders. Most receive their topper within 5-7 business days.
- Delivery time varies by location, but most customers receive their topper within 1-2 weeks of placing their original order.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Tempur-Pedic does not offer a sleep trial with the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper:
Due to the ‘personal nature’ of mattress toppers, Tempur-Pedic does not offer a sleep trial. However, the company will accept returns for products that are defective and/or damaged during delivery.
Tempur-Pedic offers a 10-year warranty with the TEMPUR-Adapt Topper:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated.
- Tempur-Pedic will, at its sole option, repair or replace any topper with recognized defects for as long as the warranty is valid. The topper’s owner must pay shipping and transportation costs associated with topper returns.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
- Physical flaws in the topper that cause the foam to split or crack despite proper use and handling.
- Deterioration of the foam’s cellular structure that prevents the topper from retaining a full shape.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Normal increases in foam softness that do not affect the topper’s pressure-relieving abilities. This is considered normal wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage resulting from misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who buy their topper from Tempur-Pedic or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their topper from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Tempur-Pedic, irrespective of whether or not they liked their topper.
Tempur Sealy International – Tempur-Pedic’s parent company – currently holds an ‘A-‘ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Some Tempur-Pedic brick-and-mortar stores have also received BBB ratings.
Tempur-Pedic has been in business since 1992. In 2012, the brand merged with the Sealy Corporation to form Tempur Sealy International.
Find Tempur-Pedic on Social