Meet Our Testing Team
Tulo Comfort Series
|FIRMNESS||4, 5.5, 7||6.5|
|AVAILABILITY||online, in-store||online, in-store|
|SLEEP TRIAL||120 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime|
Tulo Comfort Series Highlights
- Mixed-foam construction that delivers gentle conforming and light responsiveness
- Balanced feel ideal for people who weigh less than 130 pounds
- Multiple firmness options
- Great motion isolation for couples
Nectar Mattress Highlights
- Traditional memory foam feel characterized by deep body-contouring and cushioning
- Medium firm feel best suited to people who weigh at least 130 pounds
- Foams offer better-than-average breathability and support
- Slowly responding comfort materials significantly reduce motion transfer
Sleep Position Ratings
Tulo Comfort Series
The Tulo Comfort Series is available in three firmness levels, each of which is well-suited to certain sleep positions and less so for others. The medium soft feel, which rates as a 4 on the 1-10 firmness scale, conforms quite closely to the body. This firmness level is a good option for side sleepers because the memory foam cushions the shoulders and hips, aligns the spine, and reduces pressure in sensitive areas.
The medium (5.5) version also conforms to the body, but not to the same extent as the medium soft feel. Thanks to a second comfort layer of high resiliency polyfoam that reinforces the surface, back and stomach sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less should feel comfortable on the medium version and not sink too deeply into the mattress. For back and stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds, the firm (7) Tulo Comfort Series provides better support than the softer two firmness levels. This ensures minimal sinkage and little to no added pressure.
The Nectar Mattress has a medium firm (6) feel, but sleepers sink into the mattress and feel a deep, pressure-relieving cradle. This can be attributed to the bed’s memory foam comfort layer. The close conforming is ideal for side and back sleepers weighing at least 130 pounds, as well as stomach sleepers weighing between 130 and 230 pounds. All of these sleepers should feel sufficient contouring without excessive sinkage or added pressure in the shoulders, hips, or lower back.
Other sleepers may feel less comfortable on the Nectar Mattress. For side sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds, the bed may feel a bit too firm – and as a result, they may not experience enough spinal alignment to alleviate their pressure points. On the other hand, stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds will probably find the mattress too soft and prone to deep, uncomfortable sinkage.
- Tulo Comfort Series
- Nectar Sleep
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Choose the Tulo Comfort Series if…
- You prefer mattresses with medium soft, medium, or firm feels
- You frequently experience pressure points and lower back pain
- You wake up easily due to your sleep partner’s movements
- You’d like to buy a mattress at an affordable price-point
Choose the Nectar Mattress if...
- You prefer a medium firm mattress
- You tend to feel pressure points in your shoulders, lower back, and/or hips
- You experience sleep disturbances and want a mattress that isolates motion very well
- You’d like a reasonably priced mattress that offers great long-term value
Technical Details Comparison
Below, you’ll find prices for the Tulo Comfort Series and Nectar Mattress in each available size. Neither model is sold in any additional sizes. Please note that firmness level does not affect pricing for the Tulo Comfort Series.
- Twin $349 (Tulo Comfort Series) $499 (Nectar Mattress)
- Twin XL $399 (Tulo Comfort Series) $569 (Nectar Mattress)
- Full $399 (Tulo Comfort Series) $699 (Nectar Mattress)
- Queen $399 (Tulo Comfort Series) $799 (Nectar Mattress)
- King $599 (Tulo Comfort Series) $1,099 (Nectar Mattress)
- Cal King $599 (Tulo Comfort Series) $1,099 (Nectar Mattress)
Next, let’s take a detailed look at how the Tulo Comfort Series and Nectar Mattress are constructed. Full construction specs for both models are listed below.
|Specification||Tulo Comfort Series||Nectar Mattress|
|Firmness Level||Medium Soft (4)
|Weight (Queen)||75 lbs.||74 lbs.|
|Support Core Components||5″ HD Polyfoam||7″ HD Polyfoam|
|Comfort Layer Components||2″ Memory Foam
1.5″ HR Polyfoam
1.5″ HD Transitional Polyfoam
|3″ Gel-Infused Memory Foam
2″ Transitional Polyfoam
|Cover Composition||Polyester and Tencel Lyocell||Polyester, Polyethylene, and Nylon Blend|
How Is the Tulo Comfort Series Mattress Built?
The Tulo Comfort Series begins with a 2-inch comfort layer of memory foam, followed by a second comfort layer of high-resiliency polyfoam. These two components give the mattress a traditional mixed-foam feel, which is characterized by a combination of body-contouring and surface-level responsiveness. How closely the mattress conforms depends largely on the selected firmness. The medium soft version cradles the body somewhat closely, the medium option offers a balance of contouring and support, and the firm model reinforces the body with very minimal conforming.
The mattress also features a transitional layer of high-density polyfoam. This component prevents sleepers from sinking too deeply into the mattress – though heavier individuals may still sink excessively if they choose one of the softer firmness levels. The bed’s support core contains an additional 5 inches of high-density polyfoam for added stability, though sleepers will notice some sinkage along the edges when getting on and off the mattress.
How Is the Nectar Mattress Built?
The Nectar Mattress is constructed with a 3-inch comfort layer of gel-infused memory foam, along with an additional 2 inches of denser polyfoam that acts as the bed’s transitional layer. This mattress is ideal for people who enjoy a traditional memory foam feel that includes close body-contouring and a deep, pressure-relieving cradle. However, the mattress has a medium firm feel and the transitional layer provides adequate reinforcement for most people who weigh 230 pounds or less, so excessive sinkage should not be a major issue for these individuals.
The support core consists of 7 inches of high-density polyfoam. Although owners may feel some sinkage when sitting along or sleeping near the edges, the Nectar Mattress provides better-than-average edge support for a memory foam model. This can be partially attributed to the bed’s medium firm surface feel. A breathable poly-blend cover encases the entire mattress.
Tulo Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free ground shipping to all 50 states
Warranty 10 years non-prorated
Made In USA
Trial Period Details
Tulo offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Tulo Comfort Series:
- There is no mandatory break-in period associated with this sleep trial, but Tulo recommends testing out the mattress for at least 30 nights. The sleep trial begins on the delivery date.
- All customers who return their mattress will receive a complete refund (minus any free gifts included with their purchase), and Tulo will cover all shipping and handling costs associated with the return.
- Exchanges are available in addition to mattress returns. However, exchanging the original mattress for a new model will void the remaining sleep trial.
- Tulo does not accept returns for mattresses that have been damaged or soiled, or if the bed’s law tag has been removed.
- Customers who order their Tulo Comfort Series through Mattress Firm will also receive a 120-night sleep trial, but this trial requires a three-week break-in period. Exchanging the bed through Mattress Firm will require a $99.99 return delivery fee, and a 10 percent restocking fee will be deducted from the customer’s refund. Returning the replacement mattress will result in the same return delivery charge and a 20 percent restocking fee deduction from the total refund.
Tulo offers a 10-year warranty for the Tulo Comfort Series:
- Warranty coverage begins on the original date of purchase. Tulo will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace all defective mattresses for as long as the warranty is valid.
- This warranty is entirely non-prorated. Customers are responsible for shipping and handling expenses, but will not incur additional charges for having a defective mattress repaired or replaced.
- In the event of a mattress replacement, Tulo will substitute the original model with “the model, version, color, or style available at the time of replacement, which may be different in certain respects than the original.” If the owner wishes to upgrade their mattress, they are required to pay the difference between the original and the more expensive replacement model.
- Repaired or replaced mattresses will not result in a new warranty, nor will the original warranty be extended beyond 10 years.
- Under this warranty, sagging and body impressions in the surface are considered defects if they measure three-quarters of an inch or deeper. Other defects include physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split, crack, or deteriorate prematurely, and manufacturing flaws with the mattress cover, such as unraveled seams or stitches.
- Other issues are not considered defects under this warranty. These include sagging and body impressions measuring less than three-quarters of an inch deep, repair or replacement requests due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences, and physical damage due to abuse, misuse, or improper foundational support.
- This warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Tulo or an authorized retailer, such as Mattress Firm. Anyone who buys or acquires the mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
The delivery policy for Tulo is as follows:
- Tulo offers free ground shipping to all 50 states. Most customers receive their mattress within two weeks of placing their order. Shipping is not available outside the U.S.
- Previously, Tulo offered free White Glove delivery for customers in the contiguous U.S. This service has now been discontinued, and is no longer available to any customers for free or for an extra charge.
- The mattress will be compressed and vacuum-sealed for shipping. A delivery box will be delivered to the customer’s doorstep, so a signature is not required. If changes need to be made to the address or order, customers should immediately notify Tulo via phone or email.
- For customers who order their Tulo bed from Mattress Firm, free ground shipping is available within the contiguous U.S. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii must pay additional delivery charges. These orders typically reach their destination within five to seven business days.
Nectar Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 365 nights
Shipping Free to contiguous U.S.
Warranty Lifetime, non-prorated
Made in China
Trial Period Details
Nectar offers a 365-night sleep trial for the Nectar Mattress:
- There is a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers may not return the mattress until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- Nectar will cover all shipping and handling costs related to the mattress return for customers in the contiguous U.S. Those in Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible for mattress returns. Additionally, White Glove delivery charges are non-refundable.
- Nectar will coordinate pickup services for all mattress returns in the contiguous U.S. at no cost to the owner. Customers do not need to keep the original mattress packaging.
- Mattress exchanges are available as part of Nectar’s return policy. Those who wish to exchange their current mattress for a different model must purchase the replacement before receiving a refund for the original model.
- The mattress must be removed from its shipping box within 90 nights of the delivery date. Otherwise, the sleep trial will be voided.
Nectar offers a lifetime warranty (also known as the ‘Forever Warranty’) for the Nectar Mattress:
- Warranty coverage will begin on the date of original purchase, and is divided into two periods. For the first 10 years, Nectar will replace defective mattresses at no cost to the owner, including shipping and transportation fees. Nectar still replaces defective mattresses after 10 years, but owners must pay a flat charge of $50 each way for shipping and transportation.
- The Nectar mattress is designed for use on a ‘firm, solid-surface, on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s)’. These include platform beds, box springs, flat bases, and other types of ‘suitable bed frame or dedicated clean and flat flooring area’. Use of an improper foundation will result in the warranty being voided.
- The warranty will cover surface indentations of 1.5 inches or deeper. Other covered defects include physical flaws that cause foams to deteriorate and manufacturing flaws associated with the cover.
- The warranty will not cover indentations less than 1.5 inches. This is considered normal wear and tear. The warranty also does not cover issues related to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences or burns, cuts, stains, and other types of physical damage.
- Replacing a mattress will not result in a new warranty. All replacements fall under the same lifetime warranty as the original model.
- The warranty is non-transferable, and only applies to original owners who purchase their mattress directly from Nectar or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or an unauthorized Nectar retailer will not receive warranty coverage.
The delivery policy for Nectar is as follows:
- Ground shipping is free within the contiguous U.S. Those who reside in Alaska or Hawaii must pay an additional delivery charge of $150. Shipping is not available outside the 50 states.
- Nectar’s free ground shipping is coordinated through FedEx Ground. Most customers will receive their mattress within one to five business days. In the event of a shipping delay, Nectar will contact the customer and provide a delivery date estimate; the company will also modify the delivery upon request.
- Nectar also offers White Glove delivery for a flat fee of $149 per mattress, plus an additional $25 for other items included in the order. This service includes scheduled delivery date and time, in-home assembly, and old mattress removal upon request. Those who request White Glove delivery should plan to receive their mattress within three to seven business days.