- Saatva Mattress
- Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt Mattress
Meet Our Testing Team
|FIRMNESS||4, 6, 7.5||5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||180 nights||90 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||15 Year, Non-prorated||10 Year, Limited|
Saatva Mattress Highlights
- Multiple firmness options.
- Very temperature neutral.
- High profile.
- Low price-point.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Highlights…
- Close conforming.
- Durable high-density memory foam.
- Motion isolation great for couples.
- Relieves pressure for those with chronic pain.
Sleep Position Ratings
With multiple thickness and firmness options, the Saatva Mattress is a suitable bed choice for sleepers of all sizes including most lightweight, average weight, and heavyweight sleepers. This mattress also works fairly well for sleepers with different sleep position preferences including back, side, and stomach sleepers.
The medium soft (4) version works better for lighter people, who often prefer softer surfaces because they allow for sufficient conforming. On the other hand, the medium firm (6) and firm (7.5) versions of the Saatva are better suited to average weight and heavyweight sleepers or those who sleep on their back and/or stomach, as they’re more likely to provide the support necessary to promote spinal alignment.
The Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Adapt all-foam mattress is rated ‘Medium’ or 5 on our 1-10 firmness scale. This is the most balanced firmness option. The Adapt mattress conforms somewhat closely to the body, but sleepers won’t sink as much around the shoulders, back, and hips.
Overall, the TEMPUR-Adapt mattress performed well with sleepers of all sizes in our sleep tests. Lightweight and average weight testers found the mattress soft and conforming yet amply supportive. Even our heavyweight testers gave positive ratings to the TEMPUR-Adapt mattress. However, while some heavyweight sleepers enjoy memory foam mattresses, many prefer the extra support provided by hybrids or innerspring mattresses. Additionally, the Adapt mattress is best suited for side and back sleepers.
- Saatva Classic
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Choose the Saatva if...
- You are looking for a higher profile mattress.
- You sleep hot.
- You and your partner are looking for a more responsive mattress.
- You experience frequent aches and pains.
Choose the Tempur-Pedic Mattress if...
- You are looking for a memory foam mattress.
- You are not a hot sleeper.
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to noise or movement.
- You experience frequent aches and pains.
Technical Details Comparison
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $849 Saatva $1,599 Tempur-Pedic
- Twin XL $1,049 Saatva $1,599 Tempur-Pedic
- Full $1,399 Saatva $,1949 Tempur-Pedic
- Queen $1,499 Saatva $2,099 Tempur-Pedic
- King $1,899 Saatva $2,799 Tempur-Pedic
- Cali King $1,899 Saatva $2,799 Tempur-Pedic
Next let’s look at how the Saatva and Tempur-Pedic models are made. The table below lists firmness, thickness, weight, and composition specs for both beds.
|Specification||Saatva Mattress||Tempur-Pedic Mattress|
|Firmness||4 (Medium Soft)
6 (Medium Firm)
|Thickness||11.5? or 14.5?||11″|
|Weight (Queen)||110 to 120 lbs.||N/A|
|Support Core Components||4? Recycled 13-Gauge Bonnell Coils (11 1/2? Model)
7? Recycled 13-Gauge Bonnell Coils (14 1/2? Model)
|Comfort Layer Components||5/8? Polyfoam
3/8? Memory Foam
2 1/2? Polyfoam
4? Recycled 14.5-Gauge Pocketed Coils
|Cover Composition||Organic Cotton Euro-Top with:
1 1/4? Polyfoam
3/4? Dacron Fibers
|‘SmartClimate’ Dual-Layer Removable Cover|
How Is the Saatva Built?
The Saatva Classic Mattress is as a coil-on-coil innerspring bed. However, it also contains both polyfoam and memory foam comfort layers as well as an organic cotton, foam-padded removable cover that gives this mattress extra cushioning.
This bed has two coil layers: a transitional layer of pocketed coils and a support core consisting of Bonnell coils. The coil layers provide ample airflow, making for a fairly cool sleep. The foam comfort layers help isolate motion and keep this mattress more quiet under load than most innerspring beds but not to the extent of an all-foam mattress.
The Saatva mattress is offered in three firmness options: plush soft (4), luxury firm (6), and firm (7.5). With a relatively wide range of choices, this mattress is comfortable for most weight ranges and sleeping positions. The Saatva is also available in two height profiles: 11.5 inches and 14.5 inches. The mattress profile does not affect the firmness of the mattress but is available for the customer’s preference.
How Is the Tempur-Pedic Mattress Built?
The TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress is an all foam mattress constructed with memory foam comfort layers and high-density polyfoam support cores. The mattress comes with an incredibly soft but non-removable polyester cover. Its comfort layer is composed of two memory foam layers measuring approximately four inches in thickness.
The mattress has a transitional layer of two to three inches. The transitional layer acts as a buffer, preventing sleepers from sinking into the mattress too deeply and contacting the more dense and firm support core. The TEMPUR-Adapt Mattress has a solid support core made of high-density polyfoam designed to stabilize the mattress and keep sleepers level without sagging too deeply.
This all-foam design results in a 5 or ‘Medium’ level of firmness. The TEMPUR-Adapt provides excellent pressure relief but absorbs a noticeable amount of body heat, causing this mattress to sleep somewhat warm. Motion isolation is a key strength of the TEMPUR-Adapt, which significantly absorbs and minimizes motion transfer, making this a great mattress for couples or co-sleepers sensitive to movement.
Please note: Tempur-Pedic does not disclose certain mattress specs, such as individual layer thickness, foam density, or cover fabric composition.
Saatva Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Anywhere in the contiguous U.S. and Canada.
Made In USA
Trial Period Details
Saatva offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Saatva mattress.
- This sleep trial does not require a break-in period of any kind; customers may return their mattress for a refund at any point of the 120-night trial.
- In the event of a return, customers will be issued a full refund minus a flat transportation fee of $99.
- Size, firmness, and thickness exchanges are also offered during the 120-night trial. Customers may exchange their bed for a flat shipping fee of $99.
Saatva offers a 15-year warranty for the Saatva Mattress.
- The warranty is completely non-prorated. During the first two years, Saatva will replace a mattress at no extra charge if it is deemed defective. For the remaining warranty period, Saatva will repair and re-cover a Saatva mattress for a flat fee of $198 ($99 shipping fees for both ways).
- Saatva also offers the ‘Fairness Replacement Option’ in lieu of standard warranty coverage. Owners may purchase a new bed at a discounted rate, rather than having their current mattress repaired. Saatva does not charge a delivery fee and owners may keep their old mattress at no extra cost.
- The ‘Fairness Replacement Option’ follows a prorated schedule. During years 3-5, owners pay 30 percent of the original mattress price. During years 6-10, owners pay 50 percent of the original price. And during years 11-15, owners pay 75 percent of the original price.
- The warranty is contingent on the use of a proper support system. The warranty will be voided if a Queen or King mattress is used with a metal bed frame that does not have a five- or six-legged support structure. The warranty will also be voided if a Twin or Full mattress is used with a metal bed frame that does not have four legs.
- The warranty covers sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure 1 inch or deeper.
- The warranty does not cover sagging or indentations that measure less than 1 inch deep. Additionally, the warranty will not cover physical damage to the mattress, including burns, cuts, or stains.
- Customers must notify Saatva in writing regarding any claims.
- The warranty is exclusively available for original owners that purchase their mattress from Saatva or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
Saatva’s delivery policy for Saatva mattresses is as follows:
- Saatva does not charge a cancellation fee prior to the day of delivery.
- Customers will be given a four-hour window for the time of delivery on the predetermined day.
- If the delivery does not occur within the pre-agreed four-hour window, then customers may choose to receive a full refund.
- If merchandise is damaged, Saatva will repair and recover your mattress for a transportation cost of $99 each way (from years 3-15 of owning the bed). Alternatively, customers may choose to keep damaged mattress, and pay a highly reduced rate (30% within years 3-5, 50% from 6-10, and 75% from 11-5) for a brand new mattress with no shipping fees.
- If the wrong mattress is delivered, then the customer may arrange a new delivery time at no additional cost. In the meantime, they will be allowed to use the incorrect mattress; once the correct delivery has been made, the original mattress will be donated to charity.
- An adult (18 years or older) must be on the premises at the time of delivery.
How Is the Mattress Shipped? Saatva mattresses are not compressed for shipping.
Where Do They Ship? Anywhere in the contiguous U.S. and Canada.
Delivery Fee: Shipping is free for all orders which includes white-glove service.
Old Mattress Removal: If selected at check-out, Saatva will remove the old mattress and foundation at no additional cost.
Tempur-Pedic Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 90 nights
Shipping Free White Glove delivery to contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years non-prorated
Made In USA and El Salvador
Tempur-Pedic offers a 90-night sleep trial for all current mattress models.
- This sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers cannot return their mattress until they have tested it out for at least 30 nights.
- Full refunds are issued for all returns, minus any applicable delivery charges.
Tempur-Pedic offers a 10-year non-prorated warranty for all current mattresses:
- This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
- Tempur-Pedic covers the repair or replacement costs for mattresses with defects, but the owner must pay all transportation charges associated with repairs or replacements.
- Warranty coverage is available to customers who buy their mattress from an authorized Tempur-Pedic retailer, but it is not offered for floor models or purchases from unauthorized third-party resellers on sites like Amazon.com.
- The warranty will cover the following defects: sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring three-quarters of an inch (3/4?) or deeper; physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split or crack; manufacturing defects associated with the cover zipper.
- The warranty will not cover the following: sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure three-quarters of an inch (3/4?) or deeper; repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences; burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of damage that occur due to misuse or neglect.
- The warranty is non-transferable and is exclusively offered to the original purchaser. Anyone who acquires or buys the mattress from the owner or a non-authorized retailer will not receive warranty coverage.
The delivery policy for Tempur-Pedic mattresses is as follows:
- Most customers receive their Tempur-Pedic mattress within seven to 14 business days of placing their original order
- Tempur-Pedic offers free White Glove delivery to all customers in the contiguous U.S. This service includes in-home assembly and old mattress removal. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico must pay a $600 shipping fee; all White Glove delivery services are included with this charge.
How Is the Mattress Shipped? Wrapped in plastic but not compressed.
Where Do They Ship? All 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Delivery Fee: White Glove delivery is free of charge for customers in the contiguous U.S.; those in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico must pay a flat fee of $600 for their White Glove delivery.
Old Mattress Removal: Old mattress removal is included in Tempur-Pedic’s White Glove delivery service, and will not incur additional charges.