Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple firmness options
- Zoned sleeper support
- Consistent temperature neutrality
- Free shipping for all customers
- Heavy and difficult to move
- Sleep trial requires 21-night break-in period
Buy a Luft Bed mattress at the lowest price.Check Price
LUFT, a U.S.-based mattress and bedding product manufacturer, offers the Luft Bed (also known as the LUFT Hybrid Mattress). The Luft Bed is available in three firmness settings: ‘Medium Soft,’ or a 4 on the 1-10 firmness scale; ‘Medium Firm’ (6); and ‘Firm’ (7). The bed’s construction depends on the selected firmness.
- The ‘Medium Soft’ model (also known as the Plush Multi Sleeper) features comfort layers of gel-infused polyfoam, graphene-infused memory foam, and ‘Serene’ polyfoam. Its support core contains 968 pocketed coils distributed into five zones, with thicker coils around the perimeter and beneath the sleeper’s shoulders, waist, and other heavier areas.
- The ‘Medium Firm’ model (also known as the Luxury Firm Multi Sleeper) is made with comfort layers of gel-infused polyfoam, graphene-infused memory foam, and high-density polyfoam. Its support core contains 1,074 pocketed coils divided into seven different zones.
- The ‘Firm’ model (also known as the Firm Sleeper) has comfort layers of adaptive polyfoam and graphene-infused memory foam. Its support core has 1,074 pocketed coils divided into seven zones.
All Luft Bed models also include a circular-knit cover made from stretch polyester. Price-points are the same for each size, regardless of the selected firmness.
Multiple firmness options ensure most sleepers can find a setting that is suitable for them, regardless of individual weight, sleep position, or comfort preferences. The mattress also sleeps fairly cool, due in part to strong air circulation through the coil layers.
Targeted support is another benefit; every Luft Bed has a zoned pocketed coil support core that provided extra support to the sleeper’s heaviest areas, resulting in pain and pressure relief throughout the body.
Please note: LUFT also offers a child-sized bed known as the Little Luft. This review will exclusively focus on the adult-sized Luft Bed.
Compared to other memory foam hybrids, the Luft Bed has a relatively low price-point. LUFT offers free shipping within the contiguous U.S., and the mattress is backed by a 100-night sleep trial and 10-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the Luft Bed in terms of construction, pricing, and performance. This guide also includes an overview of LUFT’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with some similar mattress recommendations.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Luft Bed?
Based on our customer feedback, LUFT mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Luft Bed has earned favorable ratings from all sleeper weight and position groups.
The mattress is available in three firmness settings; each option is suitable for different types of sleepers. The ‘Medium Soft’ setting is ideal for sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less; this is particularly true for side sleepers, who often need extra cushioning beneath the shoulders and hips for good spinal alignment.
The ‘Medium Firm’ setting is best suited for back and stomach sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, as well as side sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds.
Lastly, the ‘Firm’ setting should be optimal for most back and stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds.
Luft Bed Recommendations
- You’d like to purchase a hybrid mattress with a below-average price-point
- You tend to sleep hot
- You prefer sleeping on beds with thicker-than-average profiles
How Do LUFT Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Luft Bed stacks up to other beds.
The Luft Bed’s strongest asset is design versatility; the mattress is available in three firmness settings, and its range of ‘Medium Soft’ to ‘Firm’ should accommodate most sleepers regardless of their body weight, position, or comfort preferences.
The Luft Bed also has a zoned pocketed coil layer that provides targeted support to different areas of the sleeper’s body, and also minimizes sinkage around the edges of the mattress.
Other benefits include better-than-average motion isolation and low noise potential. However, the Luft Bed can be quite heavy and difficult to move.
Check out our selection below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||10 Year, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About LUFT Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices for the Luft Bed in each available size. Please not that firmness selection does not increase or decrease the price.
- Twin $799
- Twin XL $849
- Full $899
- Queen $1,099
- King $1,399
- Cal King $1,499
Construction and Firmness
First, let’s take a closer look at how the Luft Bed is constructed. The table below lists firmness, thickness, and material composition specs for the mattress. Please note that LUFT does not disclose the measurements of certain mattress layers.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|The Luft Bed||4 (‘Medium Soft’)||13 1/2″||968 Pocketed Coils (5 Zones)||Gel-infused Polyfoam
2″ Graphene-infused Memory Foam
1″ ‘Serene’ Polyfoam
|Circular-knit Stretch Polyester|
|6 (‘Medium Firm’)||13 1/2″||1,074 Pocketed Coils (7 Zones)||Gel-infused Polyfoam
1″ Graphene-infused Memory Foam
2″ HD Polyfoam
|Circular-knit Stretch Polyester|
|7 (‘Firm)||13 1/2″||1,074 Pocketed Coils (7 Zones)||Gel-infused Polyfoam
2″ Graphene-infused Memory Foam
|Circular-knit Stretch Polyester|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Luft Bed is sold on the LUFT website, but it is not available through any online third-party retailers (including Amazon.com). The mattress is sold at brick-and-mortar Sleep Sherpa locations in Chicago, Illinois, and Edina, Minnesota.
LUFT Mattress Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free for all orders, ships in a box
Warranty 10 years, nonprorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
The Luft Bed is compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
LUFT ships mattresses to the contiguous U.S. only.
White Glove Delivery?
LUFT does not offer White Glove delivery at this time.
Full shipping details
The delivery policy for LUFT is as follows:
- Standard shipping is free for all customers. The Luft Bed is made to order; it is constructed within three to four business days of the original order; once shipped, it takes roughly one to five business days to reach its destination. LUFT does not offer expedited or White Glove delivery.
- The mattress must be unboxed within two weeks of the delivery date; if it is not unboxed during this time and damage occurs, LUFT will void the warranty.
Old Mattress Removal
LUFT does not provide old mattress removal for any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
LUFT offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Luft Bed mattress.
- This sleep trial requires a 21-night break-in period. Customers may not return their mattress for a full refund until at least 21 nights have elapsed.
- LUFT issues full refunds for all returns on mattresses purchased online. The sleep trial is not extended to brick-and-mortar buyers.
- Each customer is entitled to three product returns per calendar year.
LUFT offers a 10-year warranty:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated. LUFT will, at its sole option, repair or replace any defective Luft Bed for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per LUFT: “A proper bed frame must provide substantial support for both the mattress, foundation and user(s). A proper bed frame is defined, for the purpose of this Limited Warranty as having a least five to six (5-6) leg support for a Queen, Eastern King, and California King mattress, four (4) leg support for Twin and Full mattresses. For Queen, Eastern King, and California King slatted style bed frames, there cannot be greater than five (5) inches between each slat in order to provide ample structural support for the foundation and user(s).” LUFT will void the warranty is the mattress is not used with a supportive foundation and damage occurs as a result. The company also requires photographic proof of a suitable foundation whenever a warranty claim is filed.
- LUFT will void the warranty if the mattress is not unboxed within two weeks of delivery.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring two inches (2″) or deeper.
Cosmetic damages to the mattress not caused by normal wear and tear that affect how the bed feels and performs.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure two inches (2″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness. These issues are considered normal wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to abuse, misuse, or neglect.
- This warranty is non-transferable, and is exclusively offered to original mattress owners who purchase their Luft Bed from LUFT or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with LUFT, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
LUFT has not earned a grade from the Better Business Bureau.
LUFT was established in 2017.
LUFT does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, but the Luft Bed is sold in Sleep Sherpa stores in Chicago, Illinois, and Edina, Minnesota.