This buying guide will take you through how to shop wisely on Amazon for bed sheets. We’ll show you how to navigate the site, avoid pitfalls, and ensure you get the bed sheets that you want, delivered promptly, at the best price, and with an understanding of refund and warranty policies.
We’ll explain how to find the best sheets, understand what you’re buying and from whom, and how to understand the product specifications so you can compare products and make an educated buying decision. We also offer tips and technical info to complete your Amazon bed sheet purchase.
The Amazon.com website has 33 (and climbing) categories of physical products. You can do a sitewide search or click the category drop down to narrow your search. Amazon sells bed sheets under the “Home & Kitchen” category, subcategory “Bedding” and further subcategory “Sheets & Pillowcases.” Under Bedding, you can click the appropriate subcategory icon.
Each Amazon bed sheets set sold on the site has a dedicated product page containing extensive information about the item in question. Here is the information you should see on each of the Amazon sheets product pages:
- The brand and product’s full name – Check the brand name and specific sheet name as some sellers sell multiple items (i.e., cotton, bamboo, and flannel sheets).
- The seller’s name – Click the seller’s name to see the array of products including all sheets they sell on Amazon.
- Product photos – Amazon bed sheets usually have several photos to browse. Hover over the main image to zoom in and click options at the left to switch images.
- Customer rating summary – This section tells you the average star rating and the number of reviews. Hover over the stars to see a breakdown of reviews by star rating.
- Availability status – If you want the bed sheets delivered ASAP, look at items coded “In Stock.”
- Shipping timetable – If the items are on Prime, you’ll have them within a couple of days, but buying from third-party sellers where Amazon doesn’t fulfill the order means a longer lead time.
- Sizes – Choose size and color to see the price. Most sheets come in an array of sizes.
- Product specifications – This bulleted list has important information on the sheets including the type of fabric, manufacturing details, weave, what’s in the set, laundering info, and other important details.
- ‘Frequently bought together’ – This section tells you what purchasers of those Amazon bed sheets also purchased in the same transaction.
- Related products – These are similar items or accessories you might want to consider.
- Special offers and promotions – Look here for coupons to clip digitally, promo codes, or to see if there’s a limited-time sale.
- Brand copy and product description – This detailed information is from the seller or maker where they describe the product.
- Product information
- Product dimensions – This tells you the size of the package, not the size of the sheets.
- Item weight – This is the weight of the package of sheets.
- Shipping weight – This is the item weight plus the weight of the packing materials.
- Manufacturer’s name – The brand name of the maker may differ from the seller.
- Amazon.com and manufacturer’s product numbers – The model number from Amazon and the manufacturer are unique to each item/size/color sheet.
- Customer rating and review summary – The summary shows the number of reviews on the bed sheets and the average rating. Hovering over the stars shows a summary by ranking.
- Rankings within the department (and on Amazon.com) – Rankings tell you how well the bed sheets are selling within the Home & Kitchen department and sitewide.
- Warranty and support – You usually must click a link to open another page to view warranty and support information. Be sure to do this before purchasing, so you know what to expect.
- Customer questions and answers – The customer Q&A section is informative. The seller or other Amazon customers may answer questions.
- Customer reviews – The customer review section lets you sort or apply filters by certain keywords, or you can click to read reviews by star ranking.
Because there are so many products and options on Amazon.com, it can be confusing particularly when you want to compare similar products by different manufacturers. We’ve got some tips to help you quickly find what you want, understand the options, how to use reviews to inform your decision, plus info on shipping, warranties, and returns.
Make sure you’re buying from the brand and not a private seller
The same product often sells on Amazon from multiple sellers. For the best Amazon bed sheets transactions, be sure you’re buying from the manufacturer, not a third-party private seller. Many top-quality sheet makers sell to customers directly through Amazon.
You will usually get preferable warranty and return policies from the maker rather than a private seller. Some third-party private sellers don’t allow returns at all unless the item was damaged in shipping and may require you to pay to return the item plus a restocking fee.
Items that are from the maker but are fulfilled by Amazon are usually safe to buy. Just be aware that bed sheets purchased from the manufacturer’s website may have different sleep trial, return, and warranty policies than if you buy via Amazon.com.
Check the return policy and warranty offers
Be sure to thoroughly review the return and warranty policies associated with the bed sheets. Most items on Amazon have a standard 30-day return policy. However, if the item is opened or used, the 30-day policy might not apply, and you could be stuck with the item.
You can find out more about the relevant warranty and return policies for the specific product and seller towards the bottom of the page in the product information section. Warranties apply only to manufacturer defects.
Make sure you’ve selected the right size
Because it’s a hassle to return an item to Amazon needlessly, be sure to verify that you selected the correct options before you click to purchase. Size is important. Not all Amazon bed sheets brands come in every size. Some only sell Queen and King. Some won’t sell Twin XL or California King. Double check you got the right size and color before you buy!
Read the Q&A section, but take it with a grain of salt
If you have questions, for instance, about bamboo sheets, Amazon Q&A may help. There are two types of answers you’ll see. Some are from the seller, and others are from Amazon shoppers. You can tell because below the answer, it reads “Seller” versus an Amazon customer name as the respondent.
Take these with a grain of salt. Sellers will often answer in a way that encourages you to buy. Other Amazon customers may answer with their own bias. Plus, anyone can answer a question, they don’t need to be a verified buyer, and sometimes competitors jump into the Q&A to make trouble.
Look through the product information section first and use the Q&A section for supplemental information. But accuracy is no guarantee there. If you have a question not already asked, you can post it and await an answer before you buy.
If you haven’t already, consider signing up for Amazon Prime
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, it’s something to consider. Some items ship free on Amazon without the membership, but if you shop there frequently, it’s a bargain. Memberships cost $119 annually, $59 for students, or $12.99 monthly.
With a Prime membership, you get free two-day (or faster) shipping on Amazon Prime items. In addition to shipping, the price includes free video and audio streaming, plus shipping advantages on Prime Pantry grocery and household marketplace and Whole Foods discounts.
To help ensure you get exactly what you want when buying sheets on Amazon, we’ll take you step-by-step through the process from start to finish.
Sign into your Amazon account
- If you need to create an account, click to sign up and be sure to verify your email address with the link Amazon sends to your email.
- If you buy through Amazon Smile (a charitable giving program), sign in through that portal.
- Sign in before you start so you’ll see Prime options if you’re a member.2. Search for the bed sheets you want
- Make sure you’re on the page to buy from the manufacturer or Amazon (not a private third-party seller).
- Look below the product name to where it says “by” and the seller name to verify.
Select the sheet size you want
- Some brands have icons you click to choose the size you need
- Other brands have each size listed as an individual item on Amazon
Select the color you want
- Some sheet brands list a default color in the product name
- Other brands offer color options to click
- Price may change when you change the color or size
Click “Add to Cart” or “Buy Now”
- “Buy Now” fast-tracks your purchase. A pop-up screen lets you verify shipping address, payment method, delivery date, and total purchase price.
- With “Buy Now” you can change options by clicking that section of the purchase summary.
- If you click “Add to Cart” you can keep shopping or click “Proceed to checkout.”
Confirm your delivery address
- It defaults to the most commonly shipped-to address, or you can choose from saved ones.
- Alternately, you can type in a new address.
- Once you place the order, it’s very difficult to change the address, so triple check it.
Enter payment information
- Amazon stores your credit card info and displays the default payment method.
- You can add promo codes for sales in the payment method section as well.
- Be sure the correct card shows as the method because once it charges, it’s difficult to reverse it.
- To change the credit card, click “change” and choose from a stored card or scroll to the bottom to “add a credit or debit card.”
Sign up for Amazon Prime?
- If you are not a Prime member, you may get a pop-up inviting you to enroll.
- Amazon Prime gets you free two-day (or faster) shipping on most items.
- Prime costs $119 annually ($59 for students). You can opt for $12.99 monthly ($6.49/month for students).
Review items and shipping
- Verify the bed sheets in the cart are the right size and color.
- Confirm (or change) your shipping options.
- You may be able to upgrade to overnight shipping on Prime for a modest fee.
- If you don’t have Prime, standard shipping may be free and paid options depend on weight.
- You may also have the option for pick up at an Amazon locker.
- After confirming, click the “place your order” button at the top right of the page.
- It shows a summary of the items, any shipping fees, and the total to be charged.
Track your order
- A confirmation email goes to the email account associated with your Amazon account.
- It includes a tracking number you can monitor once the item ships.
- You can also track your package through Amazon.com.
- If you have the Amazon app, you’ll receive notifications when the delivery is made.
If there are any issues regarding purchase or delivery, contact Amazon customer service using this online form.
Additional Tuck Resources
There are hundreds of bed sheet options on Amazon.com and if you’re not certain what you want or what brands are best, please check out our detailed reviews and buying guides to help. Some of the buying guides and reviews include: