Meet Our Testing Team
- Consistent temperature neutrality
- Strong edge support
- Below-average price-points
- Free shipping to contiguous U.S.
- ‘A+’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Heavy and difficult to move
- One firmness/thickness option
- Sleep trial requires 30-night break-in period
The Zoned Mattress is one of the latest models from Brooklyn Bedding, a U.S.-based manufacturer. The mattress (also known as Zoned by Brooklyn Bedding) is a hybrid model constructed with a top layer of quilted, gel-infused memory foam, followed by a second layer of TitanFlex polyfoam. The support core consists of pocketed coils and a high-density foam base. Its cover is made from stretch-knit polyester. The Zoned Mattress measures 13″ thick; in terms of firmness, it is considered ‘Medium,’ or a 5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
The Zoned Mattress is specifically designed to accommodate side sleepers. The comfort layers provide ample cushioning for the sleeper’s shoulders and hips; this helps align the spine, which in turn alleviates aches and pains and prevents new pressure points from developing. Based on our analysis, the Zoned Mattress is most suitable for side sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less.
The Zoned Mattress provides substantial support, due largely to its multi-gauge pocketed coils. The coils are divided into three ‘zones’: the middle zone has thicker coils to provide extra support to the sleeper’s midsection and stomach, while the top and bottom zones have thinner coils that cradle the head, neck, shoulders, and legs. This results in even weight distribution and targeted pain relief for most sleepers. Temperature neutrality is another key strength of the mattress. The coil layer promotes strong airflow, which helps cool off the surface and keep sleepers comfortable. Additionally, the mattress has a thick high-density base that reduces sagging in the sleep surface and helps minimize sinkage along the edges where people tend to sit.
In terms of pricing, the Zoned Mattress is considered fairly inexpensive. Brooklyn Bedding also offers free shipping anywhere in the contiguous U.S. The mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the Zoned Mattress. This guide covers construction, pricing, performance ratings, and other important factors for buyers. We’ll also provide an overview of Brooklyn Bedding’s shipping, return, and delivery policies.
Tuck readers save 20% on Zoned mattresses.
Use this code at checkout: TUCKSLEEP20Shop Now
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Zoned Mattress?
The Zoned Mattress has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
With its ‘Medium’ feel, the Zoned Mattress is optimal for sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds; it may also be suitable for lighter individuals who prefer surfaces with moderate firmness.
As advertised, the Zoned Mattress is particularly well-suited for side sleepers in these weight groups. The comfort layers provide adequate cushioning for the shoulders and hips, resulting in good spinal alignment.
Lighter back and stomach sleepers may also find the mattress comfortable. However, heavier side, back, and stomach sleepers will likely find the mattress too soft.
Zoned Mattress Recommendations
- You’d like to purchase a hybrid mattress at a below-average price-point
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise
- You tend to sleep hot
- You prefer sleeping on mattresses with thicker-than-average profiles
How Does the Zoned Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Zoned Mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Zoned Mattress has a multi-gauge support core divided into three zones that give the bed its name. Thicker coils support the sleeper’s heaviest areas while thinner coils cradle the head, neck, shoulders, and legs. This support system results in targeted pain and pressure relief for most sleepers.
The mattress also provides ample cushioning for the shoulders and hips, which can improve spinal alignment for side sleepers.
Other benefits include consistent temperature neutrality and strong edge support. However, the mattress is only available in one firmness setting – ‘Medium’ – and may not be suitable for heavier individuals or others who prefer a firmer sleep surface.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Brunswick Spring Mattress
|PRICE RANGE||$749 (CAD)||$1,195||$920||$999.00|
|AVAILABILITY||online||online, in-store||online||online and in-store|
|SLEEP TRIAL||120 nights||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||15 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Zoned Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $899
- Twin XL $949
- Full $1,099
- Queen $1,249
- King $1,499
- Cali King $1,499
Construction and Firmness
First, let’s take a close look at how the Zoned Mattress is made. The following table lists firmness, thickness, and material composition specs for the bed.
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Zoned Mattress||5 (Medium)||13″||8″ Zoned Pocketed Coils
2″ HD Polyfoam
|1″ Quilted, Gel-infused Memory Foam
The Zoned Mattress is available on the Zoned by Brooklyn Bedding official website, but it is not currently sold through any third-party retailers (including Amazon.com).
Brooklyn Bedding operates 19 brick-and-mortar stores – 17 in Arizona and two in Utah – and the mattresses are also sold in other stores nationwide. To learn more, please visit the store map on Brooklyn Bedding’s website.
Zoned Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Free shipping in the contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
No, Zoned/Brooklyn Bedding does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Brooklyn Bedding is as follows:
- All U.S. deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Most orders are processed within two to three business days; once processed, mattresses typically reach the customer’s residence within three to five business days.
- Standard shipping is free for all customers in the contiguous U.S. Mattress deliveries to Alaska or Hawaii start at $125; deliveries to Canada start at $250.
Old Mattress Removal?
Brooklyn Bedding does not offer old mattress removal for any orders.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Zoned Mattress.
- This sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period. Customers may not return the mattress for a full refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed. The sleep trial begins on the date of delivery.
- In addition to accepting mattress returns, Brooklyn Bedding also offers mattress exchanges; exchange shipping is free, but customers must pay upgrade costs if they select a more expensive model. Brooklyn Bedding also offers mattress toppers to customers who find their mattress too soft or too firm.
- This sleep trial is available to customers one time per calendar year.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year warranty:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated. Brooklyn Bedding will repair or replace any defective mattress for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Brooklyn Bedding: “Brooklyn Bedding mattresses have been designed to be used on foundations with solid support with little or no give. This includes slatted wood or metal foundations with slats no more than 4? apart, wood or metal box foundations, and solid wood or metal platforms. Substitution or use of improper foundations such as old box springs (5+ years or more) without solid support, slatted wood or metal foundations with slats more than 4? apart, will void your mattress warranty.” When filing warranty claims, owners may need to provide photographic proof of proper foundational support.
- Brooklyn Bedding will void the warranty if the mattress is not unboxed within 60 nights.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper.
Defects related to deterioration of the foam’s cellular structure.
Physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split or crack despite proper use and handling.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Brooklyn Bedding or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Brooklyn Bedding, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding, LLC was established in 2009. Its parent company, R&S Mattress, launched in 1995.
Brooklyn Bedding operates 17 brick-and-mortar locations in Arizona and two in Utah. Additionally, the brand’s mattresses are sold at brick-and-mortar retail locations across the country. A full store map is available on Brooklyn Bedding’s website.
Contact Brooklyn Bedding
1-888-210-8751 | ZonedMattress.com
Find Brooklyn Bedding on Social