The Z2 Auto Travel CPAP machine is the invention of Human Design Medical (HDM), a forward-thinking medical device company dedicated to designing sleeker, smarter machines.
HDM launched in 2013 and released the original Z1 Travel CPAP the same year. This device delivered air at a fixed-pressure setting. It was followed by the Z1 Auto Travel CPAP, which automatically adjusted air pressure settings based on the user’s breathing patterns.
Both Z1 devices were phased out in 2019. In their place, HDM currently offers the Z2 Auto Travel CPAP machine.
The Z2 improves on the Z1 with a softer, quieter motor and a slightly smaller frame. It boasts many of the Z1’s special features, including Z-Breathe technology to reduce discomfort during exhalations, leak detection, and an integrated battery. Additionally, users can use the Z2 in conjunction with the NiteLog mobile app to track their sleep data.
Read on to learn more about the Z2 in terms of specs, pros and cons, and other special considerations.
Tuck readers can buy a Z2 Auto Travel CPAP machine at the lowest price.Get Discount
Z2 Auto Travel CPAP
The Z2 Auto Travel CPAP is very convenient for travel. In terms of size the device is comparable to a soda can, and it weighs in at 10.5 ounces. Engineered to be discreet, the Z2 has a muffler attached to the motor that makes it quieter than many other CPAP machines sold today. On average, the device produces 26 decibels (dBA) or less.
- Compact, lightweight, and quieter than competitors
- Automatic pressure adjustments based on breathing patterns
- Z-Breathe technology alleviates discomfort during exhalations for easier overall breathing
- Automatic start/stop functions help detect leaks and pressure shortages
- The integrated battery can last up to eight hours without connecting to a power source
- Owners can track their sleep data using the NiteLog mobile app
- Free shipping
- Somewhat expensive
- No travel case included
Will the Z2 Auto Travel CPAP Machine Work for Me?
Because it is an auto CPAP machine, the Z2 is suitable for sleepers with sleep apnea who find fixed-pressure settings too restricting. The machine adjusts air pressure based on the sleeper’s breathing patterns. It also reduces pressure during exhalation to alleviate discomfort.
You may be a good candidate for the Z2 if any of the following apply:
- You change positions a lot. You may be better suited to an auto-adjusting CPAP if you tend to shift positions during the night. This is because you generally require a higher amount of pressure when you’re lying on your back versus your side.
- You drink alcohol or take certain medications. Alcohol and sedative medications can influence your pressure needs. You may want to consider an auto-adjusting CPAP machine if you drink or take certain prescription drugs.
- You have seasonal allergies. If you have seasonal allergies, you are likely to need higher pressure levels during times of nights or seasons when you are more congested.
If you are unsure of whether a fixed-pressure or auto-adjusting CPAP machine will work best for you, consult with your doctor.
Specs and Pricing
|Product||Z2 Auto Travel CPAP|
|Dimensions||6.48L” x 3.3W” x 2.02H”|
|Hose Length||4 ft|
|Power Consumption||Up to 35W (70VA)|
|Sound Volume||26 dBA|
|Ramp Time||0 to 45 minutes (5 minutes increments)|
|Pressure Range||4 to 20 cmH2O (0.5 cmH20 increments)|
|Operating Altitude (Est.)||Up to 8,000 ft|
|Alerts||Yes (leak detection)|
|Sleep Data||Yes (NiteLog mobile app)|
|Warranty Length||2 years|
|Carrying Case Included?||No|
9 out of 10 customer experiences show consumers have had a positive experience with HDM.
HDM was launched in 2013.
HDM currently holds an ‘A+’ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
HDM does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms. All purchases and deliveries are arranged online and through authorized distributors.
Find HDM on Social