- Wide range of CBD oil dosages, each available in different sizes
- 15% discount to U.S. military veterans
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase
- No gummy or capsule products available
- Only one size and dosage available for their 0% THC oil extract variety
- Most oils are available only in a berry-mint flavor
Colorado has experienced considerable growth in companies excited about CBD, and Receptra Naturals was founded in 2016 as part of that explosion of interest. The company extracts all of its CBD from industrial hemp grown on Colorado family farms, making them an appealing choice for customers looking to support U.S. agriculture.
Although Receptra markets their range of full-spectrum CBD oils towards athletes, the blend of base oils with turmeric and CBD may be of interest to a wide range of CBD users. Other products in the Receptra line include skincare, a muscle and joint balm, and CBD oil for pets.
Take a Look at the Receptra Naturals Product Line Up
- Receptra Active CBD Oil — Three sizes available (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), each with a potency of 17 milligrams per milliliter. In a base of blended oils. Includes turmeric. Mint/berry flavor.
- Receptra Prime CBD Oil — Three sizes available (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), each with a potency of 25 milligrams per milliliter. In a base of MCT and sunflower oil. Available in unflavored or mint/berry.
- Receptra Elite CBD Oil — Three sizes available (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), each with a potency of 33mg milligrams per milliliter. In a base of blended oils. Includes turmeric. Mint/berry flavor.
- Receptra Elite — 0% THC CBD Oil — Available in one 30 milliliter size with a potency of 33 milligrams per milliliter. In a base of blended oils. Includes turmeric. Mint/berry flavor.
- Receptra Plus CBD Oil — Three sizes available (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), each with a potency of 50 milligrams per milliliter. In a base of MCT and sunflower oil. Available in unflavored or mint/berry.
- Receptra Pro CBD Oil — Three sizes available (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), each with a potency of 67 milligrams per milliliter. In a base of blended oils. Includes turmeric. Mint/berry flavor.
- Receptra CBD Body Butter — Aloe vera and shea butter-based cream with jojoba oil, coconut oil, mango butter, and botanical extracts. Floral and citrus scent. 400 milligrams CBD per container.
- Receptra Targeted Topical CBD Balm — Menthol-free medicated cream with arnica and camphor. Also contains jojoba oil, jasmine essential oil, and ylang-ylang essential oil. Available in two sizes (1.25 and 2.5 ounces), each with a concentration of 11 milligrams per milliliter.
- Receptra Targeted Topical CBD Balm — 0% THC — The same product as the original Targeted Topical balm, but with 0% THC. Available in one 1.25 ounce size.
- Receptra CBD Lip Balm — Beeswax-based lip balm with jojoba oil, shorea butter, vitamin E, and zinc oxide. 15 milligrams CBD per lip balm.
- Receptra Pet CBD Oil — Made only with MCT oil and hemp extract in order to be appropriate for a wide range of pets. Available in original formula (17 milligrams per milliliter) and large breed formula (25 milligrams per milliliter). The original formula can be purchased in three sizes (15, 30, and 60 milliliters), while the large breed variety is available in a 30ml size.
Shop CBD products at Receptra Naturals.Shop Now
What You Need to Know About Receptra Naturals CBD Products
|Oils||Topicals: Body Butter||Topicals: Medicated Balm||Topicals: Lip Balm||Pet Oils|
|Concentration||17mg/ml to 67mg/ml||4mg/ml||11mg/ml||3mg/ml||17mg/ml and 25mg/ml|
|CBD Extraction Method||Full spectrum||Full spectrum||Full spectrum||Full spectrum||Full spectrum|
|Appearance and Flavor||Thin, light green oil. Available in mint/berry for all varieties, as well as unflavored for Prime and Plus.||Thick, buttery cream with a slightly greasy texture and a floral/citrus scent.||Creamy balm with a camphor scent which fades to floral on the skin.||Waxy, slightly oily lip balm which is white due to zinc oxide.||Thin, light green oil. Mild hemp taste and smell.|
|THC Content||0% to less than 0.3%||< 0.3% THC||0% to less than 0.3%||< 0.3% THC||< 0.3% THC|
|Ideal Customer||CBD users with a wide variety of dosage needs, including those who dislike the taste of hemp.||People interested in using CBD products that are also great for skincare.||Anyone who wants to experience CBD’s effects in a localized place on their body.||Customers looking for a slightly unusual CBD product to try.||People who are curious about using CBD for their pet.|
Materials and Sourcing
Part of Receptra’s mission is to support industrial hemp farming by family farmers in Colorado. Although the USDA does not certify hemp as organic, Receptra has a commitment to only working with farmers who use 100% organic growing practices and who do not use commercial pesticides or fertilizers. They also ensure that none of the hemp they use is from genetically modified crops.
To test these promises, the company includes pesticide residue and fungicide residue in its third-party analysis of each oil batch.
Where possible, Receptra uses organic options for non-CBD ingredients. While not listed in text, the ingredient lists for each product are still available in the form of a photograph. This allows customers with allergies or a specialized diet to double-check the details themselves.
All of Receptra’s products are vegan, with no honey or gelatin used in either their oils or skincare range.
CBD companies use third party testing for two reasons: to reassure customers about what’s in their products, and to ensure that their offerings adhere to state and national laws. (Receptra’s products, though primarily not 0% THC, are all under 0.3% THC and are legal in all 50 states as well as in many international countries.)
Receptra uses a variety of third-party laboratories to conduct their testing and provides test results for each product on the appropriate product page.
In addition to overall testing for each product, the company also conducts testing on individual batches of their products.
Customers can see the test results on the Third Party Testing page by entering a code from the product label. This page also provides PDF files of tests for their products on this page, along with information customers can use to understand the test results better. For customers who are new to CBD or to reading test results, this information can provide significant clarity and peace of mind.
Flavor and Appearance
Receptra CBD Oils
Although Receptra offers a wide range of CBD oils, these differ mostly in concentration and are otherwise quite similar in taste and appearance. The oils primarily come in two varieties: a blend of many different oils, flavored with mint and berry, or a blend of MCT and sunflower oil which is available unflavored or flavored with mint and berry.
All of Receptra’s base oils, in both blend types, are neutral or very mildly flavored. However, as the company uses a full-spectrum extraction process, the unflavored varieties will have a mild hemp taste.
Both Receptra’s body butter and their joint and muscle balm are scented with essential oils. In the case of their body butter, these oils are tropical florals and citruses, a combination which even scent-sensitive reviewers say they enjoy.
The medicated balm, while also containing similar floral oils, includes camphor for its pore-opening qualities. Camphor has a strong, medicinal scent which may not appeal to everyone, though its scent will fade reasonably quickly.
Receptra Pet Oil
As Receptra’s pet line consists of CBD extract in an MCT oil base, there are no strong scents other than the expected hemp aroma. The oil itself is thin, clear, and light green.
Receptra has a remarkably wide range of potencies available in their CBD oil range. These run from a fairly standard 17mg/ml to the very strong 67mg/ml. As CBD dosage is very personal and high dosage-products are less common than low or medium-dosage oils, this variety may make Receptra an appealing choice for high-dosage CBD users. (CBD beginners are usually advised to start low and raise their dosage as necessary.)
The company uses a full-spectrum extraction process which preserves some plant matter and THC. (The THC percentage of a product will always be below 0.3% and has no psychoactive qualities.)
CBD researchers are currently undecided whether full-spectrum products are more effective than broad-spectrum products. If you are interested in 0% THC oil or medicated rubs, Receptra does sell a limited range which is guaranteed to have 0% THC.
Pricing and Discounts
|Receptra Active CBD Oil||$24.95 (250mg)
|Receptra Prime CBD Oil||$39.95 (375mg)
|Receptra Elite CBD Oil||$44.95 (500mg)
|Receptra Elite — 0% THC CBD Oil||$89.95 (1000mg)|
|Receptra Plus CBD Oil||$74.95 (750mg)
|Receptra Pro CBD Oil||$79.95 (1000mg)
|Receptra CBD Body Butter||$39.95 (400mg)
|Receptra Targeted Topical CBD Balm — 0% THC||$47.95 (400mg)|
|Receptra CBD Lip Balm||$5.95 (15mg)|
|Receptra Pet CBD Oil||Original Formula: $24.95 (250mg)
Large Breed: $67.95 (750mg)
Ordering, Shipping, and Packaging
Receptra Naturals ships both throughout the U.S. and internationally, though they do not have free shipping options for either destination.
Shipping depends on your location and is calculated at checkout, where you can choose for your order to be shipped through FedEx or as a priority or first class shipment. U.S. customers will receive their products within two to five days, depending on the shipment option. However, international customers should be aware that it may take several weeks for their package to clear customs.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, Receptra will refund your money (minus shipping costs) so long as you contact them within 30 days of payment.
They aim to respond to all questions within 48 hours and can be reached by phone, email, or website form. They also provide the option of ordering by phone, though their site is secure and easy to understand.
Receptra Naturals was founded in 2016 by Colorado natives who were interested in sourcing CBD from organic, family-run Colorado farms.
Receptra Naturals does not operate any offline stores.
Contact Receptra Naturals
Find Receptra Naturals on Social
Additional Tuck Resources
Research on CBD is advancing rapidly, making it difficult to keep up and confusing to get started. Cut through the confusion by following the links below and orienting yourself in the world of CBD, as well as learning about our favorite CBD products.