Meet Our Testing Team
- Three different firmness options
- Higher than average durability
- Great motion isolation as well as conforming ability
- No noise when getting into our out of the bed
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. as well as Canada
- Comfort+ adjustment kit allows users to adjust the firmness after purchase
- Fair edge support
- Potential for off-gassing
- 60-night break in period with 120-night sleep trial
The Novosbed Mattress is a memory foam mattress that is available in three different firmness options. The construction of the mattress will vary based on your selected firmness
Our review of the Novosbed Mattresses found that the 2 inch top layer of gel memory foam did a great job conforming to the body as our testers rolled from one sleeping position to another. The firmer options did provide more support especially for our heavier stomach sleeping tester.
We like the idea the sleeper being able to choose from three different firmness options to meet the needs of their body composition as well as their sleep preferences. Additionally Novosbed offers the innovative Comfort+ adjustment kit. If you receive your mattress and feel that it’s to firm or soft, Novosbed will send you an additional Comfort+ layer that will adjust the firmness to your liking.
Coming in below that $1,000 price threshold after using the Tuck coupon makes this a high quality mattress at a fair price.
Read on for our full review of the Novosbed Mattress, including sleeper and performance ratings, who we recommend this bed to, and everything else you need to know about the mattress.
Check out the Novosbed memory foam mattress.Shop Now
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Novosbed Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Novosbed mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Novosbed in a ‘Soft’ setting is a good choice for side sleepers, while the ‘Firm’ model performs very well for stomach sleepers.
We are wary of recommending the ‘Soft’ setting to larger individuals, since it will likely lack the necessary support, but the firmer selection of the mattress should be great.
- You love the feel of memory foam – sleeping more “in” than “on” a bed.
- You have pressure points in your neck, shoulders, back, hips, and other sensitive areas.
- You sleep with a partner and want to limit movement on the bed.
Tuck Gives the Following Awards
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where Novosbed mattresses stood out:
Best Mattresses from Canada
Best Luxury Canadian Mattress for Best Mattresses from Canada.
Best Mattresses for Back Sleepers
Best for Lightweight Back Sleepers for Best Mattresses for Back Sleepers.
Best Mattress for Scoliosis
Best for Average Weight Sleepers for Best Mattresses for Scoliosis.
Best Mattresses for Adjustable Beds
Best for Lightweight Sleepers Best Mattresses for Adjustable Beds.
How Do Novosbed Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the Novosbed stacks up to other beds.
The Novosbed has a price-point that puts it on par with other high-quality memory foam mattresses. It has a thicker-than-average profile, making it a good option for larger individuals.
The bed is also suitable to couples, since it isolates motion transfer very well and doesn’t make any noise. Three firmness levels are available to accommodate sleepers with different preferences.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
|AVAILABILITY||online, in-store||online, in-store||online||online|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||100 nights||120 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||15 Year||10 Year, Non-prorated|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Novosbed Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
Below you’ll find current prices for the Novosbed in each available size.
- Twin $799
- Twin XL $849
- Full $899
- Queen $999
- King $1,199
- Cal King $1,199
Construction and Firmness
Three firmness options are offered with the Novosbed: ‘Soft,’ which corresponds to a 3.5 (or Soft) on Tuck’s 1-10 firmness scale; ‘Medium,’ which corresponds to a 5 (or Medium); and ‘Firm,’ which corresponds to a 6.5 (or Medium Firm).
The table below lists a full breakdown of mattress layers and specifications for all three firmness levels.
|Product Name||Firmness Rating||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Novosbed||3.5 (Soft)||11″||6″ 1.8 PCF Polyfoam||2″ 3.7 PCF Gel Memory Foam
3″ 4 PCF Memory Foam
|5 (Medium)||11″||7″ 1.8 PCF Polyfoam||2″ 5 PCF Memory Foam
2″ 5 PCF Memory Foam
|6.5 (Medium Firm)||11″||7″ 1.8 PCF Polyfoam||2″ 4 PCF Memory Foam
2″ 5 PCF Memory Foam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Novosbed mattress is available on the Novosbed website. Novosbed does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms.
Novosbed Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free for all orders, ships in a box
Warranty 15 years, partially prorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Novosbed mattresses are compressed, vacuum sealed, and boxed for shipping
Where Do They Ship?
Novosbed ships mattresses anywhere in the United States and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
At this time, Novosbed does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Novosbed is as follows:
- Novosbed coordinates all deliveries through FedEx Ground, which ships Monday through Friday.
- Novosbed usually ships mattresses within one or two business days of each order. Most customers in the contiguous U.S. and Canada receive their delivery within one to six business days. Expected delivery times vary by region; deliveries to remote locations may take longer.
- Customers who purchase their mattress through PayPal must be present during the delivery to sign for their package; otherwise, a signature will not be required for mattress deliveries.
- Novosbed will cover all customs, duties, and brokerage fees associated with international shipping.
- Please note: Novosbed no longer offers White Glove delivery or old mattress removal.
Old Mattress Removal
Novosbed does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee: Novosbed offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattresses.
- There is a mandatory 60-night break-in period. Customers must test out the mattress for at least 60 nights before they will be eligible to return it for a full product refund.
- The sleep trial begins when the customer receives their mattress delivery.
- If a customer is not satisfied with their mattress after 30 nights, Novosbed will provide them with a ‘Comfort+‘ memory foam topper that integrates with the rest of the mattress. The Comfort+ topper is designed to reduce or increase the firmness rating by one point. The Comfort+ kit is available for free upon request at the time of purchase, or at any point during the sleep trial. Customers who request the Comfort+ kit will still be entitled to return their mattress for a full refund.
- All returned mattresses are either recycled or donated to charity.
- Owners do not need to repackage the mattress prior to the pickup. However, Novosbed requests that the mattress is wrapped in a plastic cover and located on the ground floor at the time of the pickup.
Warranty: Novosbed offers a 15-year warranty on all mattresses.
- Warranty coverage begins on the date of delivery. The warranty is divided into nonprorated and prorated coverage periods.
- For the first 10 years, Novosbed will repair or replace defective mattresses at no cost to the owner (including shipping and handling costs).
- For the last five years, Novosbed will replace defective mattresses at a fixed rate of 75% of the original product price.
- The warranty will be voided if:
- The mattress is not unpackaged within two weeks.
- The mattress is used on floors that are ‘susceptible to moisture build-up’, such as ‘concrete, below-grade (basement), or on floors in humid environments’.
- A Queen, King, or California King mattress is not used on a bed frame with at least one center support beam and at least five or six legs.
- A Twin, Twin XL, or Full/Double mattress is not used on a bed frame with at least four legs.
- A mattress of any size is used on a frame with slats that aren’t two inches (2″) or longer, and/or the gaps between the slats exceed three inches (3″).
- The Comfort+ kit is covered under the same warranty as the mattress.
- The warranty will cover the following product defects:
- Deterioration in the mattress causing indentations or sagging that measure one inch (1″) or deeper during the first 10 years, or two inches or deeper (2″) during the last five years. This applies whether or not the Comfort+ layer is used.
- Physical flaws in the mattress that cause the foam to split or crack.
- Manufacturing flaws related to the cover, including cracked or broken zippers.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- A normal increase in the mattress foam that does not affect its pressure-relieving abilities, or indentations or sagging that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper during the first 10 years or two inches (2″) or deeper during the last five years. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preference.
- Problems with the mattress that arise due to improperly sized bed frames, foundations, or sheets, as well as comfort issues that occur due to use of more than one Comfort+ topper.
- Mold or mildew growth that occurs due to use of the mattress on a non-breathable surface.
- Cuts, burns, tears, stains, and other types of damage that occur due to owner misuse and/or improper support.
- Novosbed does not warrant their mattress as ‘a remedy for aches, pains or other health issues’.
- Novosbed will cover all costs related to shipping and handling defective mattresses. The owner will bear charges if the mattress has been moved from its original location, or if the owner currently resides in a remote location.
- Warranty coverage exclusively extends to original owners that buy their mattress from Novosbed or an authorized retailer. Anyone who buys or acquires their Novosbed from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Novosbed, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Novosbed was founded in 2009. In 2012, the company relocated all manufacturing operations from China to the United States.
Novosbed does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Novosbed on Social