Meet Our Testing Team
- Cooling phase-change cover
- Elastic corner straps for added stability
- 60-night trial with full returns and 10-year warranty
- Too firm for some
- High price-points
- ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
MyPillow, a U.S. mattress and bedding manufacturer best known for their flagship pillow, now offers the MyPillow Topper. The topper is constructed with a top layer of adaptive polyfoam, followed by a bottom layer of firmer transitional foam.
The cover is made from phase-change material that absorbs body heat from sleepers until they reach a certain temperature, at which point it maintains a consistently comfortable temperature throughout the night. This allows the topper to sleep cooler than many competing all-foam models. The topper is equipped with elastic straps at all four corners, which help secure it to the mattress.
The topper measures 3 inches thick and has a ‘medium-firm’ feel, which corresponds to a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. This makes the MyPillow Topper firmer than average, and best suited to back and stomach sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds. The topper comes in seven sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, RV queen, king, and California king.
The MyPillow Topper has a price-point that is considered above-average. However, MyPillow offers two free pillows with each topper purchase and ships the items to all 50 states for less than $60. The topper is also backed by a 60-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the MyPillow Topper. Below you’ll find information about pricing, construction, and performance, along with an overview of MyPillow’s company policies and some similar topper recommendations.
The MyPillow Topper is available to Tuck readers at the lowest price.Get Discount
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a MyPillow Topper?
Based on our customer feedback, the MyPillow Topper has received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different toppers. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a topper.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the MyPillow Topper is best suited to sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds. This is largely due to the topper’s ‘medium-firm’ feel, which provides adequate support to those in the average and heavy weight groups. Lighter individuals may find the topper does not conform closely enough to alleviate pain or pressure points. Additionally, side sleepers seeking extra cushioning for their shoulders and hips may find the topper too firm.
MyPillow Topper Recommendations
- You prefer thicker toppers with a ‘medium-firm’ feel.
- Your mattress feels excessively soft.
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise in bed.
- You tend to sleep hot, especially on all-foam surfaces.
How Do MyPillow Toppers Compare to Other Toppers?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our topper assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the MyPillow Topper stacks up to other toppers.
The MyPillow Topper is constructed from polyfoam comfort and transitional layers, as well as a phase-change cover. The foam layers work together to create a balanced, ‘medium-firm’ feel, which is firmer than average. This makes the topper best suited to heavier people and back/stomach sleepers.
The phase-change cover also allows the topper to sleep fairly cool compared to other all-foam toppers, and elastic straps in each corner ensure the topper remains secure to the mattress throughout the night. At 3 inches thick, its profile is considered average.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Topper Options
LURAcor Advanced Support and Overnight Recovery
High-Density Foam Topper
|MODEL||Novaform Polyfoam Toppers||Saatva High-Density Foam Topper||Saatva Graphite Topper|
|PRICE (QUEEN)||$139.99 to $179.99||$195||$275|
|MATERIAL||Polyfoam (Both Models)||1.5" HD Polyfoam||1" Graphite-infused Memory Foam |
2" Transitional Polyfoam
|COVER||Polyester or Celliant Fabric||Organic Cotton||Organic Cotton|
|AVAILABILITY||Online & in-store||Online||Online|
|SLEEP TRIAL||No trial||120 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 years||1 year||1 year|
Topper Technical Details
What You Need to Know About MyPillow Toppers
Sizing and Pricing
MyPillow currently offers a 30 percent discount on the MyPillow Topper, and customers receive two free pillows as well. Below you’ll find standard prices for the topper in each available size, along with prices that reflect the current 30 percent discount.
- Twin $249.99 (Standard) $174.99 (30% discount)
- Twin XL $249.99 (Standard) $174.99 (30% discount)
- Full $299.99 (Standard) $209.99 (30% discount)
- Queen $369.99 (Standard) $258.99 (30% discount)
- RV Queen $424.99 (Standard) $297.49 (30% discount)
- King $424.99 (Standard) $297.49 (30% discount)
- Cal King $424.99 (Standard) $297.49 (30% discount)
Construction and Firmness
The MyPillow Topper is 3 inches thick and considered ‘medium-firm,’ or a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The following table lists full thickness, firmness, and composition specs for the topper.
|Topper Model||Firmness||Material Components||Cover Components||Thickness|
|MyPillow Topper||6 (medium-firm)||1″ adaptive polyfoam
2″ transitional polyfoam
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our >Mattress Firmnesspage.
Set-Up and Care Instructions
The set-up process for the MyPillow Topper is as follows:
- The MyPillow Topper ships compressed in a box. Take care not to cut the material when opening the package. Once removed, allow the topper to expand to its full shape before using it.
- Using the elastic corner straps, secure the topper to the mattress. Some find placing the topper under a flat sheet helps the straps stay in place.
The cleaning and care process for the MyPillow Topper is as follows:
- The foam interior of the MyPillow Topper should never be washed or dried in a machine. Spot clean the foam is stains or spills occur, and then allow the material to air dry.
- The phase-change cover can be removed from the topper and washed in a machine. Wash in cold water with like colors and tumble dry on low or no heat. Do not iron or dry-clean the cover.
- When not in use, store the topper in a cool dry place (such as a linen closet) where it will not be exposed to excess moisture or humidity.
The MyPillow Topper is available on the MyPillow website. It is also sold through a wide range of online and brick-and-mortar retailers, including Amazon.com. MyPillow operates brick-and-mortar stores in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
MyPillow Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 60 nights
Shipping $29.95 for orders in contiguous U.S.
Warrranty 10 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
Where Do They Ship?
MyPillow ships toppers anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
Full Shipping Details
The shipping policy for MyPillow is as follows:
- Topper deliveries within the contiguous U.S. incur a flat shipping fee of $29.99. Customers in Alaska or Hawaii pay a flat shipping rate of $59.99. Canadian customers are also subject to delivery fees, which vary by location.
- All MyPillow deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Home Delivery or local postal couriers. Most customers in the U.S. who choose standard delivery receive their topper within 10 to 14 business days. Buyers can also choose expedited shipping for an added charge. These shipments usually reach their destination within 2-5 business days.
- In addition to deliveries in the U.S. and Canada, MyPillow offers shipping to Armed Forces locations in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, and the South Pacific.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
MyPillow offers a 60-night sleep trial for the MyPillow Topper:
- This sleep trial does not require a break-in period. Customers may return their topper at any point of the 60-night trial.
- Customers must pay all return shipping and transportation costs.
- MyPillow issues full refunds for all returns. Customers should expect to receive their refund within 30 business days of returning their topper.
MyPillow offers a 10-year warranty for the MyPillow Topper:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated. MyPillow will replace all toppers with material or craftsmanship defects for as long as the warranty is valid.
- In the event of a warranty claim, MyPillow covers all shipping and transportation costs associated with the topper replacement.
- Owners may register for their MyPillow Topper warranty online.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their topper from MyPillow or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their topper from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with MyPillow, irrespective of whether or not they liked their topper.
MyPillow currently holds an ‘F’ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB notes the company has received this grade due to issues stemming from misleading marketing claims and promotions.
MyPillow has been in business since 2004, but the company first came to prominence following a widely viewed infomercial that debuted in 2011. The MyPillow Topper debuted in 2019.
MyPillow operates brick-and-mortar locations in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. MyPillow products are also sold at hundreds of stores nationwide.
Find MyPillow on Social