Meet Our Testing Team
- Close conforming and pressure relief
- Great motion isolation and no noise
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping in the contiguous U.S
- Above-average price-point for memory foam mattresses
- Limited model and firmness options
- 30-night break-in required for sleep trial
- Limited responsiveness and edge support
Save $200 on your Molecule Mattress
Use code = TUCKShop Now
The Molecule Mattress is a three-layer memory foam mattress. The bed is constructed with a ‘Medium’ memory foam comfort layer, a transitional layer made of convoluted polyfoam, and a high-density polyfoam base layer. The cover is made of stretch-polyester with moisture-wicking properties.
The top layer is exceptionally soft, with an indentation load deflection (ILD) of 7 to 9. As a result, sleepers tend to sink somewhat deeply. The convoluted transition layer, which has diamond-shaped projections, also contour closely to the sleeper’s body. These features make the bed suitable for those with chronic aches and pains in their neck, back, and other sensitive areas.
The Molecule Mattress also isolates motion very well and produces virtually no noise when bearing weight. This makes it a good fit for couples. And at 12″ thick, the mattress is a good option for sleepers who prefer higher-profile beds; many competing memory foam models are 10″ thick or shorter.
Read on to learn more about the Molecule Mattress, including performance and sleep position ratings, delivery policies, and sleep trial and warranty information.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Molecule Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Molecule mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the Molecule Mattress has earned the highest ratings from sleepers in the light and average weight groups.
The mattress is also suitable for heavier individuals who prefer softer surfaces. In terms of sleep position, side and back sleepers have the best experience with Molecule Mattresses.
However, the mattress is only available with one firmness option; this may be limiting for customers who prefer mattress that are more or less firm than ‘Medium.’
Molecule Mattress Recommendations
- You have a bigger shopping budget
- You weigh less than 230 pounds
- You experience chronic aches and pains
- You prefer higher-profile beds
How Does the Molecule Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how MoleculeMattresses stack up to other beds.
The Molecule Mattress is constructed with one memory foam comfort layer, one transitional layer of convoluted polyfoam, and a base layer made of high-density polyfoam. The mattress has a profile of 12 1/4″, making it a good option for sleepers who prefer thicker-than-average beds.
Its close conforming and pressure-relieving abilities are also beneficial for sleepers with chronic aches and pains. The price-point for a Molecule Mattress is somewhat high compared to other memory foam models.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|FIRMNESS||5.5||4, 7||5.5, 8||6.5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||120 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||15 Year||Limited Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Molecule Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $1,099
- Twin XL $1,149
- Full $1,399
- Queen $1,499
- King $1,899
- Cali King $1,949
Construction and Firmness
The Molecule Mattress is considered ‘Medium’ in terms of firmness, or a 5.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The following table lists firmness, thickness, and composition specifications for the Molecule Mattress.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Molecule Mattress||5.5 (Medium)||12 1/4″||7″ ‘ContourFlo’ 1.5 PCF HD Polyfoam (35 ILD)||3″ ‘MolecularFlo’ 3 PCF Memory Foam (7-9 ILD)
2″ ‘RecoveryFlo’ 1.65 PCF Transitional Polyfoam (23 ILD)
At this time, the Molecule Mattress is exclusively sold on the Molecule website. The mattress has a product page on Amazon.com but the product is currently unavailable on that site. Molecule does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms.
Molecule Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Roll-packed and wrapped in plastic
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Roll-packed and wrapped in plastic.
Where Do They Ship?
Molecule ships to all 50 states and U.S. territories.
White Glove Delivery?
Molecule doesn’t offer White Glove delivery at this time.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Molecule is as follows:
- All Molecule Mattress deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Most customers receive their mattress within one week of placing their order.
- Customers do not need to be at home to receive their mattress delivery; all packages will be left on their doorstep or with the front office if delivering to an apartment.
- Once the mattress has been removed from its packaging, it should fully expand within 24 to 72 hours.
Old Mattress Removal?
Molecule does not offer old mattress delivery at this time.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Molecule offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- The sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers may not request a return until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- The sleep trial officially begins on the date of purchase. Returns are typically processed within three business days.
- Customers who request a return will receive a full refund (minus any applicable discounts) once the mattress has been removed from their home.
- One return is allotted per customer or household.
Molecule offers a lifetime limited warranty on all mattresses.
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- Molecule will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any defective Molecule Mattress for the duration of its ownership.
- This warranty is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Molecule: ‘Your Molecule Mattress is designed to work on a firm, solid, non–spring foundation or adjustable bed base that is sufficiently strong and stable so as to be capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and its occupants. Failure to use an appropriate foundation will void your Limited Warranty.’
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure one inch (1″) or deeper.
Manufacturing or physical flaws in the cover, including broken zippers or unraveling stitches, that are not associated with improper use.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered normal wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to inadequate foundational support or owner misuse.
- If a claim needs to be made, owners must submit a written description and photographic evidence of the defect, along with the original order number and name of the person who placed the order. Molecule will respond to warranty claims within seven business days.
- This warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Molecule or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Molecule, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Molecule launched in 2018.
Molecule does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Molecule on Social