Meet Our Testing Team
- Multiple firmness options
- Strong motion isolation and no noise
- Beds sleep cooler than other all-foam mattresses
- Free shipping to contiguous U.S.
- Non-prorated lifetime warranty
- One thickness option
- Limited edge support and minimal responsiveness for sex
- Molecule 2 has an above-average price-point
- Sleep trial requires 30-night break-in period
Save $200 on your Molecule Mattress
Use this code = TUCKShop Now
Molecule is a U.S.-based mattress and bedding product manufacturer. The brand currently offers two individual mattress models:
- The Molecule 1 is a memory foam mattress with a medium-soft feel that corresponds to a 4.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The bed is constructed with a 2.5 PCF open-cell memory foam (9 ILD) comfort layer and a 1.65 PCF polyfoam (40 ILD) transitional layer. The support core is made of 1.5 PCF high-density polyfoam (35 ILD), and the cover is a blend of polyester and Lycra® spandex. The Molecule 1 measures 12.25 inches thick.
- The Molecule 2 is also a memory foam mattress that is closely related to Molecule’s flagship mattress (no longer sold). This model, which has a medium (5) feel, is made with a 3 PCF memory foam (9 ILD) comfort layer and a 1.65 PCF polyfoam (40 ILD) transitional layer. The Molecule’s comfort system is divided into five zones, which provide different levels of contouring and weight distribution throughout the body. Like the Molecule 1, the Molecule 2 has a 1.5 PCF high-density polyfoam (35 ILD) support core, a polyester/Lycra® spandex cover, and a 12.25-inch profile.
Both Molecule mattresses isolate most motion transfer and neither bed produces any noise when bearing weight. These characteristics make the Molecule 1 and Molecule 2 ideal for couples. Due to their softer settings, they are also best-suited to side and back sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds and stomach sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds. The open-cell comfort layers also allow the beds to sleep cooler than many of their all-foam counterparts.
Prices vary for Molecule beds, with the Molecule 2 priced higher than the Molecule 1. The brand offers free shipping to the contiguous U.S. Both mattresses come with a 100-night sleep trial and a non-prorated lifetime warranty.
Read on to learn more about Molecule mattresses in terms of pricing, construction, and performance. This review also includes a detailed breakdown of the company’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with some similar mattress recommendations.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Molecule Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Molecule mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
- Molecule 2
- Molecule 1
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, both Molecule mattresses have earned the most positive ratings from sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less.
The Molecule 1 has a medium-soft feel that is best suited to lightweight side and back sleepers because it conforms closely and provides extra cushioning to the shoulders and hips.
The Molecule 2 is slightly firmer and considered medium, making it ideal for most sleepers who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds. This bed may also be a good option for heavier side sleepers seeking a softer bed.
We Recommend a Molecule Mattress if...
- You weigh less than 230 pounds
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise.
- You experience chronic aches and pains
- You prefer higher-profile beds
How Does the Molecule Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Molecule Mattresses stack up to other beds.
Molecule offers two memory foam beds ranging from medium-soft to medium in terms of firmness. The mattresses conform closely to alleviate aches and pains, isolate motion very well, and do not produce any noise when bearing weight.
The Molecule 1 has a price-point that is comparable to that of the average memory foam mattress, while the Molecule 2 has an above-average price-point.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Loom & Leaf Mattress
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||120 nights||120 nights||365 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||15 Year||Limited Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Molecule Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $599 Molecule 1 $1,099 Molecule 2
- Twin XL $699 Molecule 1 $1,199 Molecule 2
- Full $799 Molecule 1 $1,399 Molecule 2
- Queen $949 Molecule 1 $1,499 Molecule 2
- King $1,149 Molecule 1 $1,899 Molecule 2
- Cali King $1,149 Molecule 1 $1,899 Molecule 2
Construction and Firmness
The Molecule 1 has a medium-soft feel, or a 4.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale, while the Molecule 2 has a medium (5) feel. The table below lists full thickness, firmness, and composition specs for both mattresses.
|Molecule Mattress Model||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Molecule 1||4.5 (medium-soft)||12 1/4″||7″ ‘ContourFlo’ 1.5 PCF HD Polyfoam (35 ILD)||2″ ‘RestoreFlo’ 2.5 PCF Memory Foam (9 ILD)
3″ ‘RecoveryFlo’ 1.65 PCF Transitional Polyfoam (40) ILD)
|99% Polyester||1% Elastane|
|Molecule 2||5.5 (medium)||12 1/4″||7″ ‘ContourFlo’ 1.5 PCF HD Polyfoam (35 ILD)||2″ ‘MolecularFlo’ 3 PCF Memory Foam (9 ILD)
3″ ‘RecoveryFlo’ 1.65 PCF Transitional Polyfoam (40 ILD)
Both Molecule mattresses are exclusively available on the Molecule website. Neither mattress is currently sold through any third-party retailers (including Amazon.com) and Molecule does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Molecule Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Roll-packed and wrapped in plastic
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Molecule mattresses are roll-packed and wrapped in plastic for shipping.
Where Do They Ship?
Molecule ships to all 50 states.
White Glove Delivery?
Molecule doesn’t offer White Glove delivery at this time.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Molecule is as follows:
- All Molecule Mattress deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Most customers receive their mattress within one week of placing their order.
- Delivery is free for all customers in the contiguous U.S. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii must pay additional shipping charges.
- Customers do not need to be at home to receive their mattress delivery; all packages will be left on their doorstep or with the front office if delivering to an apartment.
- Once the mattress has been removed from its packaging, it should fully expand within 24 to 72 hours.
Old Mattress Removal?
Molecule does not offer old mattress delivery with any orders.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Molecule offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- The sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers may not request a return until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- The sleep trial officially begins on the date of purchase. Returns are typically processed within three business days.
- Customers who request a return will receive a full refund (minus any applicable discounts) once the mattress has been removed from their home.
- One return is allotted per customer or household.
Molecule offers a lifetime limited warranty on all mattresses.
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- Molecule will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any defective Molecule Mattress for the duration of its ownership.
- This warranty is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Molecule: ‘Your Molecule Mattress is designed to work on a firm, solid, non–spring foundation or adjustable bed base that is sufficiently strong and stable so as to be capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and its occupants. Failure to use an appropriate foundation will void your Limited Warranty.’
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure one inch (1″) or deeper.
Manufacturing or physical flaws in the cover, including broken zippers or unraveling stitches, that are not associated with improper use.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in foam softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered normal wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to inadequate foundational support or owner misuse.
- If a claim needs to be made, owners must submit a written description and photographic evidence of the defect, along with the original order number and name of the person who placed the order. Molecule will respond to warranty claims within seven business days.
- This warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Molecule or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Molecule, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Molecule launched in 2018.
Molecule does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Find Molecule on Social