Meet Our Testing Team
- Fairly quick testing process, only ~2 weeks between order date and personalized results
- Kit includes everything needed to collect urine samples at home, with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions
- Free shipping to receive kit and send back samples
- Labs are CLIA-certified and U.S. based
- Lab results display stress and sleep hormone levels at various points during the day, giving insight into potential abnormalities
- Limited results only display stress and sleep hormone levels, and test cannot diagnose sleep disorders like sleep apnea
- Not very discreet, and may be easiest to complete test when you’ll be at home all day and can leave urine samples out to dry
Interested in an EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test?
Tuck readers can buy the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test at the lowest available price.Check Lowest Price
How Does the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test Work?
The EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test is an at-home urine test that analyzes your stress and sleep hormone levels. Here’s how it works.
- After you place your order, the test kit is shipped to your home within 3 to 5 business days.
- When it arrives, you can open up the kit and take everything out.
- Next, you’ll register the kit at – by entering the barcode. This step must be completed within 3 months of receiving your kit, or the test expires.
- Then you can begin collecting your urine samples, using the included cup and urine collection cards.
- Once you’ve finished collecting your samples, you can return them to the EverlyWell lab for analysis using the pre-paid return shipping label. All partner labs are U.S. based and CLIA-certified (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments).
- A board-certified physician will review the results within 5 business days, and make your personalized report available via EverlyWell’s secure online platform. You can download a PDF copy of your report or share the secure link with your doctor, family, or friends.
The EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test looks at four specific hormones:
- Cortisol: This stress hormone boosts energy in the morning, and operates in inverse to your melatonin levels. When you sleep, cortisol levels should be at their lowest.
- Cortisone: Cortisone is a steroid hormone. Because it can be converted into cortisol, EverlyWell includes it in their testing as an additional indicator of your overall stress levels.
- Melatonin: Melatonin is the sleep hormone, so-called because it regulates your body’s sleep-wake cycles. Melatonin production begins in the evening, peaks in the middle of the night, before tapering off in the morning.
- Creatinine: This is a waste product that appears in your urine in fairly consistent amounts. It’s related to normal muscle breakdown and has nothing to do with sleep, but it’s used as a control so the EverlyWell labs can ensure the other hormone samples are reporting accurately.
The online report uses clear, color-coded graphical markers to show you the level of each hormone at each collection time. Overall, the report is intended to help you assess whether your stress levels are abnormally high, indicating a chronic state of stress that may be disturbing your sleep.
Because the levels are broken down by different times, you can also pinpoint whether you experience higher levels of stress during particular parts of the day.
The report concludes by sharing personalized advice on how to improve your sleep health and overall wellbeing, such as following better sleep hygiene or making your bedroom more hospitable to sleep.
What’s Included with the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test?
Each EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test includes the following components:
- Registration card with unique Kit ID
- 1 collapsible urine cup
- 16 urine collection cards (4 each for each hormone being tested)
- Biohazard bag
- Return envelope
- Return shipping label
Collection Instructions for Urine Samples:
After you register your kit on the EverlyWell website, you can begin collecting your urine samples. It’s best to do this on a day when you’re at home, as you’ll need a place to leave the samples to dry overnight.
The Sleep & Stress Test includes one collapsable urine cup and sixteen collection cards (four for each of the four hormones being tested). On each card, write your name and the collection date and time. Then open the card and fold it back, taking care not to touch the filter paper. Once you’ve urinated into the cup, dip the filter paper into the cup to saturate it.
After you’ve collected the four samples, hang each one at the crease and let it dry overnight, ensuring it stays open the whole time A metal wastebasket can be used for this. Repeat this process for each of the four collection times (morning, afternoon, evening, night).
The following morning, once all the samples have dried, close each card without touching the filter paper and place them all into the biohazard bag to send back to EverlyWell. Place the biohazard bag inside the included return envelope, and apply the shipping label. EverlyWell partners with multiple shipping providers, so make sure to ship yours using the provider specified on the return label.
The table below lists key product information about the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test.
|Shipping Dimensions||8.0” L x 1.8” W x 4.75” H|
|Shipping Weight||0.5 pounds|
|What’s Included||Registration card with unique Kit ID
Collapsible urine cup
16 urine collection cards (4 for each hormone)
Return shipping label
Personalized online report that can be downloaded or shared
|Testing Times||Morning, afternoon, evening, night (4 total)|
|Total Time to Complete Test||~12 to 16 days total, including:
3 to 5 business days for your order to arrive
24 hours to complete urine collections (includes overnight drying time)
3 to 5 business days for lab to receive samples
5 business days to receive your results
Additional Product Specs
It’s important to note that the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test measures set of hormones specifically related to stress and sleep. The test does not measure your breathing, muscle movements, heart rate, or brain activity like a real polysomnogram. The EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test is not a substitute for a polysomnogram or overnight sleep study, and it cannot diagnose sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
How Much Does the EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test Cost?
The EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test costs $249, with free shipping both ways.
EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test FAQ
Is the EverlyWell Test Covered by Insurance?
Insurance will not cover the cost of an EverlyWell Sleep & Stress Test. However, as it qualifies as an at-home health test, you should be able to pay for it using your FSA or HSA plan.
How Long Does It Take to Receive Results?
It takes the lab up to 5 business days to process your sample and post your personalized report to the EverlyWell platform.
How Long Do I Have to Complete My Test?
You must register your kit online within 3 months, and return your samples within 5 months. Otherwise, the kit expires and you will have to purchase a new kit to complete your test.
Do I Need to Change My Medication or Diet When Collecting Samples?
No, you can go about your life as usual. There is no need to change your medications or diet.
What Is the Return Policy?
If your order has not shipped, you can receive a 100% refund. If you return your test within 30 days of your order date, you can receive a full refund less a $15 fee for shipping, handling, and processing. You will not need to return the physical kit; simply dispose of it.
How Does the Subscription Option Work?
When you buy an EverlyWell test, you can make a one-time purchase or sign up for a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual subscription. With the subscription plans, you can save up to 25%, 20%, or 15% off the regular price, respectively. The subscription plans also allow you to check on the progress you’ve made regarding your hormone levels.
8 of 10 owner experiences show customers have a positive experience with EverlyWell, irrespective of whether or not they liked their product.
EverlyWell was founded in 2015 and is based in Austin, TX. In 2017, the company was featured on Shark Tank and received $1 million in funding.
At the time of writing, EverlyWell does not have a rating with the Better Business Bureau.
EverlyWell does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, although their tests are available on their website, as well as Amazon, CVS, and Target.
Find EverlyWell on Social