Meet Our Testing Team
- Flippable design with two firmness settings
- Sustainably sourced and natural/organic materials
- Great temperature neutrality
- Below-average price-point
- Free shipping in the contiguous U.S.
- Heavy and difficult to move
- Sleep trial requires 30-night break-in period
Brooklyn Bedding is a U.S. brand known for its own line of mattresses, along with other models such as the Plank, Titan, and Zoned. One of the brand’s newest models is the EcoSleep Hybrid. This reversible mattress is constructed with natural latex comfort layers on each side, along with a shared pocketed coil support core. Both sides also feature a cover made of organic cotton and sustainably sourced Joma wool.
After testing the bed, we’ve concluded one side has a ‘Medium Firm’ feel, which corresponds to a 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The other side has a ‘Firm’ (7) feel. The EcoSleep Hybrid has a total thickness profile of 11.5″.
The bed’s flippable design makes it ideal for sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds, since the sides have ‘Medium Firm’ and ‘Firm’ feels. This is especially true for back and stomach sleepers. The latex layers are naturally durable, giving the mattress a longer-than-average expected lifespan. Another benefit is strong, consistent temperature neutrality thanks to breathable cover components and strong airflow through the coil layer.
It’s important to note that the mattress weighs 110 pounds in a Queen size, which is fairly heavy. The mattress must be flipped over to change the firmness setting. Therefore, prospective owners should consider the bed’s weight and whether they’re able to lift the mattress safely.
Compared to other hybrids with similar components, the EcoSleep Hybrid has a price-point that is significantly below average. Brooklyn Bedding also offers free shipping within the contiguous U.S. The mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the EcoSleep Hybrid. This guide discusses the mattress in terms of construction, pricing, and performance, and also includes an overview of Brooklyn Bedding’s shipping, return, and warranty policies.
Save 20% on an EcoSleep Hybrid mattress.
(checkout code = TUCKSLEEP20)Get Discount
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an EcoSleep Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, the EcoSleep Hybrid received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions. Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the EcoSleep Hybrid has earned the most positive ratings from heavier back and stomach sleepers. With one ‘Medium Firm’ and one ‘Firm’ side, the mattress is primarily geared toward those who prefer minimal body conforming. As a result, heavier individuals experience less sagging and more pain/pressure relief.
The mattress may feel too firm for lighter people – particularly side sleepers, who often prefer more padding around their shoulders and hips. However, lighter people who prefer firmer surfaces will likely enjoy the bed.
We Recommend the EcoSleep Hybrid if...
- You are an eco-conscious shopper who prefers to purchase products with sustainably sourced and natural/organic components.
- Your firmness preferences fluctuate between ‘Medium Firm’ and ‘Firm.’
- You tend to sleep hot.
How Do EcoSleep Hybrids Compare to Other Mattresses?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how the EcoSleep Hybrid stack up to other beds.
The reversible EcoSleep Hybrid offers many advantages to sleepers, apart from its multiple firmness settings. The mattress is constructed from natural materials with exceptional durability, giving the bed a healthy expected lifespan. The hybrid also sleeps fairly cool due to its breathable wool/cotton cover and good air circulation in the coil chamber. The mattress is, however, fairly heavy – which may cause difficulties for owners when flipping it to adjust the firmness.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar mattress options
Brooklyn Bloom Hybrid
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||365 nights||100 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||25 Year, Limited||Lifetime||10 Year, Limited||25 Year, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About EcoSleep Hybrid Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $899
- Twin XL $949
- Full $1,149
- Queen $1,249
- King $1,499
- Cali King $1,499
Construction and Firmness
The EcoSleep Hybrid is a reversible mattress with one ‘Medium Firm’ side and another ‘Firm’ side. Owners must flip over the mattress to change the firmness. The bed’s thickness, firmness, and composition specs are listed in the table below.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|EcoSleep Hybrid||Side 1: 6 (‘Medium Firm’)
Side 2: 7 (‘Firm’)
|11.5″||6″ pocketed coils||Side 1: 1.5″ natural latex
1.5″ support latex
Side 2: 1.5″ natural latex
|Joma wool and organic-cotton blend|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The EcoSleep Hybrid is available on the EcoSleep website, and is also sold in select Brooklyn Bedding brick-and-mortar locations. It is not available through any third-party retailers, including Amazon.com, at this time.
EcoSleep Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Free to the contiguous U.S.
Warranty 10 years, nonprorated
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
The EcoSleep Hybrid is compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
Brooklyn Bedding ships mattresses to all 50 states and Canada.
White Glove Delivery?
At this time, Brooklyn Bedding does not offer White Glove delivery.
Full Shipping Details
Brooklyn Bedding’s delivery policy for the EcoSleep Hybrid is as follows:
- Customers in the contiguous U.S. qualify for free delivery via FedEx Ground. These orders are normally processed within two to three business days, and then require an additional three to five business days to reach their destination.
- Customers in Alaska and Hawaii pay a flat delivery rate of $125 per mattress and $45 per sleep accessory. These orders are also shipped via FedEx Ground. Canadian customers – whose deliveries are coordinated through UPS – pay shipping rates of $250 per mattress and $65 per accessory. Customers outside the contiguous U.S. should anticipate longer delivery periods.
- Orders cancellations after the mattress has shipped will incur a $60 fee. Customers who would like to delay their shipment may call Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service line to learn about options.
- The shipping boxes weigh between 58 and 120 pounds, depending on the mattress size. Lifting assistance may be needed. The mattress must be unboxed within 60 nights, or else the warranty will be voided if damage occurs as a result.
Old Mattress Removal
Brooklyn Bedding does not offer old mattress removal with any orders.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial for the EcoSleep Hybrid:
- This sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period. Customers may not return their mattress for a refund until they have tested it out for at least 30 nights.
- In the event of a return, Brooklyn Bedding requests customers donate their mattress to a local charity.
- In addition to full refunds for mattress returns, Brooklyn Bedding allows customers to exchange their EcoSleep Hybrid for another company model. Customers may also request a mattress topper to modify the firmness of their bed.
- Each customer may use the Brooklyn Bedding sleep trial once per calendar year.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 10-year warranty for the EcoSleep Hybrid:
- This warranty is completely nonprorated. Coverage begins on the date of purchase. Brooklyn Bedding will replace any mattresses with recognized defects for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundation support. Per Brooklyn Bedding: “Brooklyn Bedding mattresses have been designed to be used on foundations with solid support with little or no give. This includes slatted wood or metal foundations with slats no more than 4″ apart, wood or metal box foundations, and solid wood or metal platforms. Substitution or use of improper foundations such as old box springs (5+ years or more) without solid support, slatted wood or metal foundations with slats more than 4″ apart, will void your mattress warranty.” If a warranty claim is filed, owners may be asked to submit photographic proof of a suitable foundation.
- Brooklyn Bedding will also void the warranty if owners do not unpackage the mattress within 60 nights of the delivery date.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper despite proper foundational support.
- Manufacturing flaws in the mattress that cause latex components to split or crack
- The warranty will not cover the following:
- Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness that do not affect the bed’s pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
- Repair or replacement requests that occur due to improper sheet fit or changes in the owner’s thickness preferences.
- Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse or improper foundational support.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is only available to original mattress owners who purchase their bed from Brooklyn Bedding or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire the mattress from its original owner or a non-authorized retailer do not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Brooklyn Bedding, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding currently holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Brooklyn Bedding, LLC was founded in 2009. Its parent company, R&S Mattress, first launched in 1995.
Brooklyn Bedding operates 17 brick-and-mortar showrooms in Arizona, as well as two locations in Utah. A full store map is found on the Brooklyn Bedding website.
Contact EcoSleep/Brooklyn Bedding
Find EcoSleep/Brooklyn Bedding on Social