Meet Our Testing Team
- Exceptional durability and edge support
- Consistent temperature neutrality
- Zoned comfort layer provides even, sag-free support
- Below-average price-point
- Free delivery and lifetime warranty
- Heavy and difficult to live/move
- Sleep trial requires a 30-night break-in period
The EcoCloud is one of the newest mattresses from WinkBeds, a U.S. mattress manufacturer best known for its WinkBed and WinkBed Plus innerspring models. The EcoCloud is a latex hybrid. The mattress is constructed with a cover made of organic cotton over New Zealand wool; a natural Talalay latex comfort layer divided into seven firmness zones; and a support core featuring recycled-steel pocketed coils and a high-density foam encasement. The EcoCloud measures 13″ thick. In terms of firmness it is considered ‘Medium,’ or a 5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
The EcoCloud is made from latex and other natural and organic materials with exceptional resiliency; paired with the recycled-steel coils, the mattress offers great durability and a longer-than-average expected lifespan. The foam encasement around the coils provides sturdy edge support, as well. Temperature neutrality is another key strength. The breathable organic-cotton and wool cover helps wick away moisture during the night, while the coils promote strong airflow that helps cool the surface. Lastly, the zoned Talalay latex evenly distributes the sleeper’s weight, resulting in great support with minimal sagging for most.
Compared to other latex hybrids, the EcoCloud has a price-point that is considered below-average. WinkBeds also offers free shipping anywhere in the contiguous U.S., along with White Glove delivery for an added charge. The mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty.
Read on to learn more about the EcoCloud in terms of construction, pricing, and performance ratings. We’ll also discuss WinkBeds’ shipping, return, and warranty policies, and share some similar mattress recommendations.
Tuck readers get a $200 discount on their EcoCloud.
Use code = TUCK200Shop Now
What Type of Sleeper Is Best Suited to an EcoCloud Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, EcoCloud mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The EcoCloud has a Talalay latex comfort layer; although this material does not conform as closely as memory foam, this layer is divided into seven zones with denser, sturdier latex supporting the sleeper’s heaviest areas. This results in good weight distribution and targeted pressure relief for most.
With its ‘Medium’ feel, the EcoCloud is optimal for side, back, and stomach sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less.
Ecocloud Mattress Recommendations
- You’d like to purchase a latex hybrid at a below-average price-point
- You tend to sleep hot
- You and your sleep partner prefer a responsive sleep surface
- You prefer mattresses with thicker-than-average profiles
How Does the EcoCloud Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how EcoCloud mattresses stack up to other beds.
The EcoCloud excels in several areas. It sleeps exceptionally cool due to a few factors, including a moisture wicking organic-cotton and wool cover and good airflow through the coil layer.
The bed also has a long expected lifespan, thanks to its resilient Talalay latex comfort layer and recycled-steel coils; a high-density foam encasement also helps protect the edges from sinkage.
The EcoCloud may not conform as closely as a memory foam bed – and the mattress is very heavy and difficult to move – but considering its relatively low price-point, the mattress can be considered a high-value pick.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Brooklyn Bloom Hybrid
|FIRMNESS||5, 6.5||6.5||3.5, 5.5, 7.5||6|
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||100 nights||100 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||25 Year, Limited||25 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||10 years|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the EcoCloud Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $1,299
- Twin XL $1,399
- Full $1,499
- Queen $1,799
- King $2,199
- Cali King $2,199
Firmness and Construction
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|EcoCloud Mattress||5 (Medium)||13″||Recycled Steel Pocketed Coils with HD foam encasement||7-Zone Natural Talalay Latex||Organic Cotton and Natural Wool Blend|
The EcoCloud is only available to buy on the WinkBeds website. The mattress is not sold through Amazon.com or any other online retailers.
WinkBeds mattresses are available to try – but not buy – at the Sleep Sherpa showrooms in Chicago, Illinois, and Edina, Minnesota; and the SleePare showroom in New York City.
EcoCloud Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Compressed, roll-packed
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and roll-packed for standard delivery; not compressed for White Glove delivery.
Where Do They Ship?
Contiguous U.S. only.
White Glove Delivery?
Customers may select old mattress removal with White Glove delivery for an additional charge.
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for WinkBeds is as follows:
- WinkBeds provides free standard shipping to all customers in the contiguous U.S. Each mattress is made-to-order; as a result, most customers receive their mattress within 14 business days.
- In addition to free standard delivery, White Glove delivery is available for $99. Standard White Glove delivery includes in-home assembly and packaging waste removal. For an additional $60 ($159 total), White Glove personnel will haul away the customer’s old mattress for recycling or donation.
Old Mattress Removal?
Customers may select old mattress removal with White Glove delivery for $60, bringing the total delivery cost to $159. WinkBeds charges the same fees for mattress replacements arranged under the ‘Any Reason’ guarantee. Old mattress removal is not available with any standard orders.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
WinkBeds offers a 120-night sleep trial for the EcoCloud mattress.
- The sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers may not return their mattress until they have tested it out for at least 30 nights.
- Full refunds are issued for all returns; WinkBeds will process the refund within five business days. The company also provides free mattress pickup for all returns.
- WinkBeds also offers mattress exchanges during the trial period for a flat $49 charge. WinkBeds personnel will deliver the new mattress and remove the original model.
WinkBeds offers a lifetime warranty for the EcoCloud:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. WinkBeds will, at its sole option, repair or replace any defective mattress for as long as the warranty is valid.
- WinkBeds also offers the ‘Any Reason’ replacement guarantee. Under this guarantee, mattress owners can exchange their bed after the trial period ends and receive a new model at 50% of its current retail price. In addition to the cost of the bed, the ‘Any Reason’ offer incurs a $99 White Glove delivery charge and a $60 haul-away fee, bringing the total to $159 on top of the mattress price. The replacement mattress is not covered under the same lifetime warranty as the original.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per WinkBeds: “In order for this Warranty to apply, the Mattresses must be used on a firm, rigid, non-flexible surface with an ample center support leg(s), such as a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s) for the entirety of its use.” WinkBeds may ask owners filing warranty claims to send photographic proof of a suitable foundation.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper.
Physical flaws that cause mattress coils and other materials to split or crack despite proper use and handling.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper, or increases in softness that do not affect the bed’s pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered normal wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur when the owner’s comfort preferences change.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse or neglect.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively open to original owners who purchase their mattress from WinkBeds or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with WinkBeds, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
WinkBeds was founded 2016. The company’s newest line, including the EcoCloud, debuted in summer 2019.
The EcoCloud and other WinkBeds mattresses are available to try at the Sleep Sherpa showrooms in Chicago, IL, and Edina, MN, as well as the SleePare showroom in New York, NY. However, customers cannot purchase mattresses at these locations; all orders must be coordinated online.
Find WinkBeds on Social