- DreamCloud Mattress
- Casper Mattress
Meet Our Testing Team
DreamCloud vs. Casper Mattress Overview
DreamCloud began in 2018. The brand’s original bed is the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress, also called the DreamCloud. The mattress is constructed of comfort layers of gel-infused memory foam, quilted memory foam, natural latex, and standard memory foam. Its support core is constructed with a memory foam transitional layer, pocketed coils encased in high-density foam, and a high-density memory foam base. The DreamCloud has a Euro-top cover made of tufted cashmere. It measures 15 inches thick. On the 1-10 firmness scale, it ranks at a 6.5, making it a medium firm mattress.
Casper has been in business since 2014. The brand’s original mattress, the Casper, features polyfoam and memory foam layers. A high-density polyfoam layer makes up the base for support and firmness. The Casper measures 12 inches thick, and is considered medium in terms of firmness, ranking at 5.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
Please note: Casper offers several other mattresses in addition to the model listed above. Casper mattresses include:
- Casper Mattress Hybrid, the original memory foam mattress with a spring bottom
- Casper Wave, a memory foam and latex mattress
- Casper Wave Hybrid, a memory foam and latex mattress with a spring bottom
- Casper Essential Mattress, a memory foam mattress
In this guide, we’ll compare the DreamCloud flagship mattress to the original Casper memory foam mattress. Both mattresses share similarities like layers of foam construction, but they also differ in significant areas including price, firmness, layer composition, and warranty. This guide will compare both beds in terms of pricing, construction, and performance, and also discuss the shipping, return, and warranty policies of both brands.
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||Lifetime||10 Year, Limited|
The DreamCloud Mattress is Good for...
- Those who like to feel they’re floating on a mattress, rather than sinking into the mattress.
- Those looking for a hybrid mattress at a manageable price.
- Those with chronic back, hip, or shoulder pain who are looking for lasting support from a mattress.
The Casper Mattress is Good for...
- Those who want a mattress you can sink into, and feel it conform around the body.
- Those who sleep with a partner and are looking for motion isolation, so neither can feel movement from the other.
- Have sensitive pressure points in your shoulders, back, elbows, hips, or knees that feel best when you sleep with extra cushioning.
Sleep Position Ratings
DreamCloud Mattress Sleeper Ratings
The DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool for a hybrid mattress thanks to its cashmere cover, exceptional breathability through the coils, and gel-infused top layer. This makes it a great choice for hot sleepers. Based on our testing of the DreamCloud, back sleepers will find this mattress especially good for spinal alignment. Heavier stomach sleepers may find the mattress sinks too much, bending the spine. Light-weight sleepers who enjoy a firmer mattress also reported finding the DreamCloud comfortable.
Casper Mattress Sleeper Ratings
The Casper’s three-layer comfort system offers good conforming, improved spinal alignment, and pressure point relief, according to sleepers. The medium firmness makes it optimal for those in the average weight group (130 to 230 pounds), as well as side and back sleepers. The Capser ranks high in motion isolation and makes virtually no noise, making it a good option for couples.
- DreamCloud Mattress
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Choose the DreamCloud if...
- You tend to sleep hot.
- You have chronic back, shoulder, or hip pain and are looking for spinal alignment while sleeping.
- You prefer a “medium-firm” mattress that you don’t sink into much.
- You enjoy sleeping on thicker than average beds.
Choose the Casper Mattress if...
- You like to feeling of a mattress hugging your body.
- You weigh 230 pounds or less.
- You experience frequent body aches and pains.
- You and/or your partner wake up easily from mattress noise or movement.
Technical Details Comparison
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $749 DreamCloud $595 Casper
- Twin XL $899 DreamCloud $695 Casper
- Full $1,099 DreamCloud $995 Casper
- Queen $1,199 DreamCloud $1,095 Casper
- King $1,399 DreamCloud $1,295 Casper
- Cali King $1,399 DreamCloud $1,295 Casper
Let’s look at how the DreamCloud and Casper Mattress models are made. The table below lists firmness, thickness, weight, and composition specs for both beds.
|Firmness||6.5 (Medium Firm)||5.5 (Medium)|
|Weight (Queen)||94 lbs.||71 lbs.|
|Support Core Components||1/2″ 5 PCF memory foam
8″ pocketed coils with foam encasement
1/2″ 5 PCF memory foam
|7.5″ 1.8 PCF HD Polyfoam|
|Comfort Layer Components||1/2″ gel-infused memory foam
1 3/4″ quilted memory foam
1/2″ natural latex
1/4″ standard memory foam
|1 1/2″ Polyfoam
1 1/2″ 4 PCF Memory Foam
1 1/2″ 2 PCF Polyfoam
|Cover Composition||2″ hand-tufted cashmere blend Euro-top||Polyester|
How Is the DreamCloud Built?
The DreamCloud’s construction is a sophisticated hybrid mattress with eight layers. A hand-tufted cashmere Euro-top cover that adds two inches of cushioning. The mattress has comfort layers of gel-infused memory foam, quilted memory foam, natural latex, standard memory foam, and dense memory foam. These layers make for a medium-firm bed that gives the feeling of sleeping on, rather than in, the mattress. The support core features foam-encased pocketed micro-coils with high-density memory foam transitional and base layers.
The coils are zoned to provide more support to the heaviest areas, such as the shoulders and hips.
The DreamCloud sleeps cool even by hybrid standards, due in part to its breathable cashmere cover, gel-infused top layer, and coils allowing for airflow. The foam encasement around the support core also helps prevent sagging. The DreamCloud isolates motion fairly well compared to other hybrids, and makes minimal noise. The queen size weighs 94 pounds, making the Dreamcloud fairly light for a hybrid mattress.
How Is the Casper Mattress Built?
The Casper’s three-layer comfort system provides a medium firmness. The three layers include a top and bottom layer of polyfoam and a middle layer of memory foam. A high-density polyfoam base layer reinforces the bed and helps maintain an even, supportive sleep surface. It also has a soft polyester cover. Together, these layers provide conforming support of the body which assists in spinal alignment. All three layers of foam are open-cell and allow hot air to escape, making it fairly cool compared to other memory-foam mattress.
The Casper isolates motion well and is virtually silent when bearing weight. The queen size weighs 71 pounds, which is light by memory foam mattress standards. The mattress is easy to rotate.
DreamCloud Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 365 nights
Shipping DreamCloud ships mattresses to all 50 states
Warranty lifetime, non-prorated
Made In assembled in the United States using products from China
Trial Period Details
DreamCloud offers a 365-night sleep trial for the DreamCloud mattress.
There is no mandatory break-in phase for the DreamCloud mattress. Customers may return the mattress at any time during the 365-day period. DreamCoud will arrange for the mattress removal from the customer’s residence and will cover all shipping and handling costs.
Mattress returns are also free in Alaska and Hawaii. Customers do not need to keep any of the packing materials the mattress comes in, or repackage it in preparation for a return or exchange.
If a mattress is damaged during shipping, DreamCloud will offer a free exchange. Contact customer service at DreamCloud to initiate a return or exchange.
DreamCloud offers a lifetime warranty.
The DreamCloud mattress comes with a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser, requiring a copy of the receipt for proof of ownership. For the first 10 years DreamCloud will replace any mattress that is defective in workmanship or materials. After ten years, DreamCloud will repair and recover or replace a mattress defect. This incurs a $50 shipping fee each way, but will be waived if DreamCloud deems the mattress defective. DreamCloud may ask for photographic evidence of the defect.
This warranty is contingent upon proper usage and proper foundational support. The warranty states the mattress must be supported by a firm, solid surface for the entirety of its use. DreamCloud considers the following to be defects covered by the warranty:
- Sagging or indentation on the sleep surface of 1.5 inches or deeper.
- Physical flaws in the mattress that cause foam or other materials to split or crack.
- Manufacturing flaws associated with the mattress cover.
The delivery policy for DreamCloud mattresses is as follows:
- The DreamCloud mattress usually ships within two or three business days from placing the order. Once shipped, the mattress usually arrives within two to five business days.
- White Glove delivery is $149 in the contiguous U.S. and $298 in Alaska and Hawaii.
How Is the Mattress Shipped?: Compressed and shipped in a box for standard deliveries.
Where Do They Ship?: DreamCloud ships mattresses to all 50 states.
Delivery Fee: Free in the contiguous US. $150 for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
Old Mattress Removal
Mattress removal is available with the White Glove service. When ordering for mattress delivery in California, Rhode Island, or Connecticut, an automatic $20 mattress removal fee will be added in compliance with state laws for mattress recycling regardless of White Glove delivery service.
DreamCloud Coupons and Discounts
Casper Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Casper ships to all 50 states and Canada.
Warranty 10 years limited
Made In USA
Casper offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Casper mattress.
The Casper mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial that begins the day the mattress is delivered. The mattress does not require a break-in period so customers may return the mattress anytime within the 100-night trial period.
To initiate a return, contact Casper customer service. The company will arrange for a courier to pick up the mattress from the owner’s residence for donation to a local charity or recycling. The original form of payment will be refunded in full.
Casper offers a 10-year limited warranty.
If a manufacturing defect occurs within 10 years, Casper will repair or replace the mattress. The warranty states the Casper mattress qualifies under warranty if it’s used for its intended purposes and on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and its users.
The warranty covers material and workmanship defects including:
- Indentations deeper than one inch that do not result from improper foundational support.
- Any physical flaw that causes the mattress to split or crack beyond normal wear and tear.
- Manufacturing defects that affect the cover zipper.
The mattress owner will not incur any shipping fees to replace or repair the mattress if the defect is covered in the warranty and occurs within 10 years of ownership.
The delivery policy for Casper Mattresses is as follows:
- Casper mattresses usually ship within one to two business days after placing an order. The mattress typically arrives two to seven days after order placement.
- White Glove delivery is available for an additional $149.
How Is the Mattress Shipped?:Compressed, vacuum-sealed, and in a box.
Where Do They Ship?: All 50 states and Canada.
Delivery Fee: Free in the contiguous US. $100 for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
Old Mattress Removal
Old mattress removal is available with White Glove delivery service for an additional fee of $149.