Meet Our Testing Team
- Close conforming and good pressure relief
- Great motion isolation and no noise
- Relatively low price-point
- Longer-than-average sleep trial and warranty coverage
- Questionable edge support
- Off-gassing potential
- No deliveries outside Canada
- 30-night break-in required with sleep trial
Learn more about the Douglas Mattress.
We named this bed our Canadian Mattress Editor's Pick.Shop Now
The Douglas by GoodMorning.com, also known as the Douglas Mattress, is a memory foam mattress built onto a 10″ profile. The comfort system includes a top layer of memory foam and a bottom layer of polyfoam, as well as a cover made of fabric derived from eucalyptus leaves. The support core is constructed from high-density polyfoam.
Conforming and pressure relief are two of the Douglas Mattress’s biggest strengths. The comfort layers hug the sleeper’s body without sinking too deeply, which helps align the spine and alleviate aches and pains throughout the body. Additionally, the mattress isolates motion transfer well and produces no noise when bearing weight; both of these qualities make the bed a good option for couples.
The Douglas Mattress is ‘Medium Firm,’ or 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale. This makes it suitable for most sleepers in the average and heavy weight groups, as well as lighter people who prefer firmer beds. The Douglas Mattress also sleeps fairly cool compared to other all-foam models, due in parts to its cooling eucalyptus-based cover.
Read on to learn more about the Douglas Mattress, including sleeper and performance ratings for the mattress and GoodMorning.com’s policies regarding orders and delivery, returns, and warranty coverage.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to a Douglas Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Douglas mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
As you can see, the ‘Medium Firm’ Douglas Mattress has earned favorable ratings from most sleepers in the average and heavy weight groups. Ratings from sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds are lower, as this weight group tends to prefer softer sleep surfaces.
Douglas Mattress Recommendations
- You prefer the feel of a ‘Medium Firm’ mattress
- You have chronic pain in your neck, back, or other sensitive areas
- You feel most comfortable on beds with average thickness profiles
Tuck Gives the Following Awards
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where Douglas Mattress stood out:
Best Canadian Mattress
Editor's Pick for Best Canadian Mattress.
How Does the Douglas Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Douglas mattresses stack up to other beds.
Ratings and review for the Douglas Mattress indicate it performs as well – if not better – than most leading memory foam models. The bed offers close conforming, which helps align the spine and alleviate pressure, as well as great motion isolation.
It also sleeps cooler than most memory foam models. However, the Douglas Mattress – like many memory foam beds – lacks edge support, which may lead to sinkage around the perimeter.
And while the mattress has a below-average price-point, it is exclusively available to customers in Canada.
The table below lists four other mattress brands that offer models similar to the Douglas and will ship to Canadian customers.
Similar Mattress Options
|FIRMNESS||6.5||4, 6, 7.5||3.5, 5.5, 7.5||5.5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||120 nights||120 nights||100 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||Lifetime||15 Year, Non-prorated||10 Year||10 Year, Limited|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Douglas Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
The table below lists dimensions and current prices for the Douglas Mattress in each available size. Please note that prices listed are Canadian dollars, not U.S. dollars.
- Twin $599 (CAD)
- Twin XL $629 (CAD)
- Full $679 (CAD)
- Queen $749 (CAD)
- King $849 (CAD)
- Cal King $849 (CAD)
Construction and Firmness
The Douglas Mattress is ‘Medium Firm,’ or 6 on the 1-10 firmness scale, which is one of the most popular firmness ratings for sleepers who weigh 130 pounds or more. The table below lists full firmness, thickness, and composition specs for the Douglas mattress.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Douglas by GoodMorning.com||6 (Medium Firm)||10″||6″ HD Polyfoam||2″ Memory Foam
|Fabric from Eucalyptus|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Douglas Mattress is exclusively available on the Douglas by GoodMorning.com website. This mattress is not available through Amazon.com or other third-party retailers, and GoodMorning.com does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms.
Douglas Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Shipping Compressed and shipped in a box to anywhere in Canada
Warranty 15 years, non-prorated
Made In Canada
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Douglas Mattresses are compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
GoodMorning.com ships the Douglas Mattress to anywhere in Canada, including every province and territory.
White Glove Delivery?
GoodMorning.com does not offer White Glove delivery for the Douglas Mattress.
Full Shipping Details
- Deliveries outside Canada are not available at this time.
- According to GoodMorning.com, shipping is free for ‘99% of Canadians.’
- Mattresses typically ship within one to five business days of the original order, and will reach their destination within one to six business days after shipping.
Old Mattress Removal?
GoodMorning.com does not offer old mattress removal at this time.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
GoodMorning.com offers a 120-night sleep trial for the Douglas Mattress.
- The sleep trial includes a mandatory 30-night break-in period. Customers will not be able to return the mattress for a full refund until at least 30 nights have elapsed.
- In the event of a return, GoodMorning.com will issue a full refund to customers and arrange for the mattress to be picked up at their residence for no extra charge.
- Refunds should appear on the purchaser’s credit card within ‘a few days.’
GoodMorning.com offers a 15-year limited warranty on all Douglas Mattress.
- This warranty is partially prorated:
For the first 10 years, GoodMorning.com will replace or repair any defective Douglas Mattress at no extra cost to the owner.
For the final five years, customers can have their defective Douglas Mattress replaced for 75% of the original mattress price.
- Warranty coverage begins on the date of purchase.
- Warranty coverage is contingent on adequate foundational support. Per GoodMorning.com: ‘Purchasers using a bed frame must ensure it provides sturdy support for both the mattress and foundation; including a center support and having at least 5-6 legs for queen, king, and California king, and 4 leg support for twin and full mattresses. Purchasers using their mattress directly on a slatted bed system must ensure that the slats are a minimum of 2 inches in width, and have gaps between them of no more than 3 inches. Queen, king, and California king platform beds and slat system bed frames used in conjunction with your Douglas mattress require at least one center support beam. Platform beds and adjustable bases made of wired metal are not acceptable for use with Douglas mattresses.’ Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the warranty being voided.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure one inch (1″) or deeper during the first 10 years of ownership, or two inches (2″) or deeper during the final five years of ownership.
Physical flaws in the mattress that cause foam to split or crack despite proper usage.
Manufacturing defects in the mattress cover, including issues with the zipper.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper during the first 10 years of ownership, or do not measure two inches (2″) or deeper during the final five years of ownership. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Mold or mildew buildup that occurs due to placing the mattress on a non-breathable surface.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other forms of physical damage that occur due to owner misuse or inadequate foundational support.
- This warranty is exclusively granted to original owners who purchase their Douglas Mattress from GoodMorning.com or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with GoodMorning.com, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
GoodMorning.com launched in 2009. The Douglas Mattress was introduced in 2017, and GoodMorning.com unveiled its third mattress, Logan & Cove, the following year.
GoodMorning.com does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations
Find GoodMorning.com on Social