Meet Our Testing Team
- One of the few mattresses specifically designed for heavier individuals
- Above-average motion isolation and minimal noise
- Exceptional conforming and pressure relief
- Great edge support
- Free shipping and longer-than-average warranty
- One firmness/thickness option
- Heavy and difficult to move
- Two-week break-in required with sleep trial
- Longer-than-average shipping times
Use this code at checkout: TUCK
Tuck readers get $100 off their Big Fig MattressGet Discount
The Big Fig is a hybrid mattress specifically designed for heavier individuals. It accommodates larger sleepers with a 13″ profile – much thicker than the average mattress – and a ‘Medium Firm’ feel with minimal sagging beneath their shoulders, hips, and other areas of the body where weight is concentrated.
The Big Fig also offers excellent support. The comfort system consists of a top layer of ventilated, gel-infused latex, followed by three individual layers of high-density polyfoam. Comparatively, most competing hybrids offer one or, at the most, two layers of transitional polyfoam. The extra layer can make a substantial difference for those who weigh more than 230 pounds.
Additionally, the mattress has an 8″ pocketed coil support core with a high-density polyfoam encasement. This ensures strong edge support, and helps prevent sinkage along the perimeter of the bed where people tend to sit. The Big Fig’s cover is padded with gel-infused foam for extra padding; this material, combined with the latex layer and good circulation in the support core, allows the mattress to sleep cool and comfortable for most.
The Big Fig’s price-point is slightly lower than that of the average hybrid. Big Fig also offers free shipping anywhere in the contiguous U.S., as well as White Glove delivery for an additional charge. The mattress is backed by a 120-night sleep trial and a 20-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the Big Fig’s construction and sizing/pricing options, as well as the company’s delivery, return, and warranty policies.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to the Big Fig Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Big Fig mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses.
Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Due to its specialized design, the Big Fig should provide adequate comfort and support for most sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds, including side, back, stomach, and combination sleepers.
Many of those in the average weight group (130 to 230 pounds) also agree that the bed provides sufficient conforming and pressure relief, though lighter people are likely to find the bed a bit on the firm side.
The Big Fig is also suitable for couples due to its better-than-average motion isolation and low noise potential.
Big Fig Mattress Recommendations
- You have the budget to spent up to $2,000 on a mattress
- You typically sleep hot
- You prefer beds that offer moderate conforming
- You like sleeping on mattresses with thicker-than-average profiles
How Does the Big Fig Mattress Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Big Fig mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Big Fig offers a specialized design that offers enhanced support, body-conforming, and pressure relief for heavier people.
The thick comfort system includes four individual layers that ensure minimal sagging and an even, supportive sleep surface. The pocketed coils are also encased in high-density foam for above-average edge support, even by hybrid standards.
Other benefits of the Big Fig include good motion isolation, minimal noise, and strong temperature neutrality.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Leesa Hybrid Mattress
|FIRMNESS||5.5||3, 5.5, 7.5||6.5||6.5|
|SLEEP TRIAL||100 nights||Lifetime (50% exchanges after 100 nights)||100 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Big Fig Mattress
Sizing and Pricing
Take a look below at the sizes the Big Fig Mattress is offered in and the corresponding price-points.
- Twin $1,299
- Twin XL $1,399
- Full $1,499
- Queen $1,699
- King $1,999
- Cal King $1,999
Construction and Firmness
Big Fig mattresses are considered ‘Medium Firm,’ or a 6.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The table below breaks down the firmness, thickness, and composition specs of this mattress.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Big Fig Mattress||6.5 (Medium Firm)||13″||8″ Pocketed Coils (15-gauge)
1,600 Coil Count (Queen)
HD Polyfoam Encasement (80 ILD)
|1/2″ Gel-infused, Ventilated Latex
1″ 1.8 PCF Polyfoam
1″ 2.5 PCF Polyfoam
1″ 2.5 PCF Polyfoam
|66% Polyurethane Blend
4% ® Spandex
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Big Fig is exclusively sold on Big Fig’s website. The company does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations and the mattress is not available through Amazon.com or any other online retailers.
Big Fig Sleep Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 120 nights
Warranty 20 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
How is the Mattress Shipped?
Wrapped in plastic and flat-packed/shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
Continental US only.
White Glove Delivery?
White glove delivery is available for a fee of $99.
Old Mattress Removal?
Old mattress removal is available with White Glove delivery for an additional fee of $60 ($159 total). This option is not offered with standard front-door deliveries.
Full Delivery Policy
The delivery policy for Big Fig is as follows:
- Most Big Fig mattresses will ship from the company’s factory within two to five business days, and then arrive at the customer’s address within another 14 to 21 business days. This puts the total shipping time at 16 to 26 business days.
- In addition to free front-door delivery, Big Fig offers White Glove delivery for $99. This service includes in-home mattress assembly. For an additional $60 ($159 total), delivery personnel will also remove the customer’s old mattressand transport it for recycling or donation.
- A signature is required for all standard deliveries. Customers can schedule a delivery window after the mattress is shipped.
- At this time, Big Fig does not ship mattresses outside the contiguous U.S.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Big Fig offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
- This sleep trial requires a two-week break-in period. Customers may not return their mattress for a full refund until at least 14 nights have elapsed.
- In the event of a return after two weeks, Big Fig will issue a full refund and coordinate free mattress pickup for customers.
- Shipping charges for White Glove delivery are non-refundable.
Big Fig offers a 20-year warranty:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated. Big Fig will, at its sole option, repair or replace any mattress with defects for as long as the warranty is valid.
- Big Fig will cover defective mattress repair and replacement costs, but owners are responsible for all associated shipping charges.
- In the event of a defect that necessitates a replacement, the mattress warranty will not be extended or reissued.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the mattress surface measuring one inch (1″) or deeper.
Broken or loose coils or wires, as well as metal parts protruding through the fabric.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging and indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one inch (1″) or deeper.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse, improper cleaning, and/or inadequate foundational support.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their mattress from Big Fig or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Big Fig, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Big Fig has been in business since 2016.
Big Fig does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores and showrooms; the mattresses are not sold in any physical retail locations.
Contact Big Fig Mattress
Find Big Fig on Social