Meet Our Testing Team
- Better temperature neutrality than most single-piece foam pillows
- Close conforming and good pain and pressure relief
- Great shape retention
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S.
- A+ BBB rating for Bear Mattress
- Not very moldable or snuggly
- Interior is spot-clean only
- King-size may be too heavy for some
Also known for its mattresses and other sleep products, Bear offers the Bear Pillow. This pillow features a single piece of aerated ‘Loft-X’ polyfoam contained within a polyester-blend cover. The cover is equipped with mesh panels at each end, which help air circulate through the interior of the pillow. The Bear Pillow is considered ‘Medium’ in terms of firmness, and has a 5″ loft.
Like many other competing pillows with single-piece foam cores, the Bear Pillow offers close conforming to the sleeper’s head, neck, and shoulders. This can alleviate tension and pressure points that develop, and also improve spinal alignment for side sleepers. The mesh panels and aerated foam also allow the pillow to sleep fairly cool, especially compared to other models with similar construction. It also retains a full shape fairly well and requires little to no fluffing.
The pillow is available in Queen and King sizes. Its price-point is on par with the average single-piece foam pillow. Bear offers free shipping within the contiguous U.S. and flat delivery rates for customers in Alaska and Hawaii. The Bear Pillow is backed by a 100-night sleep trial and a two-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about the Bear Pillow in terms of construction, pricing, and performance ratings. We’ll also provide an overview of Bear’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with some similar pillow recommendations.
Now let’s see how the Bear Pillow has been rated for durability, conforming ability, odor potential, and other performance factors.
Our ratings below are based on verified customer and owner experiences, as well as intensive product research and analysis.
As you can see, the Bear Pillow excelled in a few key areas. Temperature neutrality is a notable strength, given that single-piece foam pillows tend to sleep hot; the Bear Pillow mitigates this issue with aerated foam and mesh cap components.
The pillow also conforms very closely to alleviate aches and pains. However, the pillow is somewhat time-consuming to clean and may be too heavy for some owners (especially in a King size). The Bear Pillow is not particularly moldable, either.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to the Bear Pillow?
A sleeper’s experience with a pillow often depends on his or her body weight and preferred sleep position.
Based on owner experiences and product analysis, the Bear Pillow has earned the following ratings from sleepers with different weights and position preferences.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
Similar Pillow Options
|FIRMNESS||Medium Soft||Medium||Medium Soft|
|LOFT||4"||5"||5" (Standard) |
Pillow Technical Details
What You Need to Know About the Bear Pillow
Pricing and Sizing
Below, you’ll find length, width, and thickness dimensions for the Bear Pillow in each available size, along with current price-points.
- Queen $95
- King $115
Construction and Firmness
Now, let’s look at how the Bear Pillow is built. The table below lists firmness, thickness, and composition specs for the pillow.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Loft||Interior Components||Cover Components|
|Bear Pillow||‘Medium’||5″||Single, aerated piece of ‘Loft-X’ polyfoam||Polyester blend with mesh end caps|
Firmness Options: The Bear Pillow is exclusively available in a ‘Medium’ setting.
Package Deals: At this time, Bear does not appear to offer any bundles or package deals.
Bear Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 100 nights
Shipping Bear ships to all 50 states
Warranty 2 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
Can You Wash the Bear Pillow?
The cover can be washed and dried in a machine; foam core is spot-clean only.
Bear Pillow Care Instructions
Instructions for First Time Use
The Bear Pillow does not require any special treatments prior to first-time use. However, fluffing the pillow can help it recover its shape and remove off-gassing odor after it has been removed from its packaging.
- Machine-wash the cover in cold water and tumble dry on a low-heat cycle.
- The foam core cannot be machine-washed; if stains occur, spot clean the foam with soap and water.
Where Do They Ship?
Bear ships pillows and other products to all 50 states; international deliveries are not available at this time.
Full Delivery Policy
Customers in the contiguous U.S. qualify for free shipping. Those living in Alaska and Hawaii must pay a flat shipping rate of $100.
The delivery policy for Bear is as follows:
- All pillow deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Most customers receive their delivery within four to seven business days.
- Most customers receive a delivery tracking number within two to four business days of their original order.
- Customers do not need to provide a signature for pillow deliveries.
Trial Period & Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Bear offers a 100-night sleep trial for the Bear Pillow.
- This sleep trial does not include a mandatory break-in period. Customers may return the pillow for a full refund at any point of the trial.
- Full product refunds will be issued for pillow returns, minus shipping charges to Alaska or Hawaii; however, customers must cover all shipping and transportation costs associated with returning the pillow.
Bear offers a 2-year warranty for the Bear Pillow.
- This warranty is completely non-prorated.
- Pillow owners must cover all shipping and handling costs associated with defective pillow repairs or replacements. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively available to original owners who purchase their pillow from Bear or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their pillow from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not receive warranty coverage.
8 out of 10 owner experiences show customers have had a positive experience with Bear, irrespective of whether or not they liked their pillow.
Bear has been in business since 2015; the Bear Pillow was introduced in 2017.
Bear does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores where products are available for sale. However, the brand owns a viewing-only showroom in Hoboken, New Jersey.
Find Bear on Social