Meet Our Testing Team
- Organic and eco-friendly
- Zoned bodily support
- Sleeps cool for most
- Relatively low price-point
- Free shipping and longer-than-average sleep trial/warranty
- Relatively heavy
- Less conforming than other latex hybrids
Tuck readers get $200 off their Awara mattress.
Use code: TUCK200Get Discount
Awara offers the Natural and Organic Latex Hybrid Mattress, also known as the Awara Mattress. This bed is constructed with a 4″ organic Dunlop latex comfort layer and a pocketed coil support core with multi-gauge coils for zoned body support.
The mattress cover is made from a blend of organic-cotton and natural wool. The Awara mattress has received certifications from the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) for its comfort layer materials and Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) for the organic-cotton cover component.
The Awara Mattress is considered ‘Medium Firm,’ or a 6 on the 1-10 comfort scale. This comfort setting is optimal for sleepers who weigh 130 pounds or more, and may also be suitable for side, back, or stomach sleepers. The bed also has a 13″ profile, making the mattress much thicker than average and ideal for those who prefer high-profile beds.
The thick comfort layer offers moderate yet consistent body conforming that can alleviate tension and pain, and also improve spinal alignment for side sleepers.
The zoned coils also provide great support for sleepers experiencing discomfort in different areas of their bodies. Additionally, the Awara mattress sleeps fairly cool due to its breathable cover and steady air circulation through the coil layer. Other benefits include good motion isolation and minimal noise.
The Awara Mattress is a great option for eco-friendly shoppers. Its price-point is also much lower than that of the average latex hybrid with organic and natural materials.
Free shipping is available to customers in all 50 states. Awara backs the mattress with a 365-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty, both of which are considerably longer than average.
Read on to learn more about the Awara Mattress in terms of construction, pricing, and performance. This guide also includes an overview of the brand’s shipping, return, and warranty policies, along with a few similar mattress recommendations.
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited to an Awara Mattress?
Based on our customer feedback, Awara mattresses have received the following grades among sleepers of different weights and preferred sleep positions.
Please note that these ratings are subjective, and that everyone has varying experiences on different mattresses. Sleeper comfort and spinal support are the most important factors when it comes to selecting a mattress.
|Sleep Position||Less than 130 LBS||130 LBS - 230 LBS||Greater than 230 LBS|
The Awara Mattress is a ‘Medium Firm’ bed with a 13″ profile. These settings make the mattress ideal for sleepers who weigh at least 130 pounds, particularly larger individuals who have an easier time getting on and off of thicker beds.
The zoned coils consist of thicker-gauge springs beneath areas where weight is concentrated, such as the shoulders and the midsection, in order to provide targeted support. As a result, the mattress is also a good option for those who experience frequent aches and pains throughout their bodies.
Awara Mattress Recommendations
- You want to find a mattress with a lower-than-average price-point
- You tend to sleep hot
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise
- You want to make an eco-friendly purchase
Tuck Gives the Following Awards
After the data collection and testing we’ve done, here are the categories where Awara mattresses stood out:
Best Latex Mattresses
Editor's Pick (Awara Mattress) for Best Latex Mattresses.
Best Organic Mattresses
Editor's Pick (Awara Mattress) for Best Organic Mattresses.
Best Mattresses for Larger People
Best Mattress for Stomach sleepers for Best Mattresses for Larger People.
Best Mattresses for Sex
Best Latex Mattress (Awara Mattress) for Best Mattresses for Sex.
Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers
Best for Average Weight Sleepers for Best Mattresses for Stomach Sleepers.
How Do Awara Mattresses Compare to Other Beds?
As any consumer does with a product they’re considering, our mattress assessments naturally involve comparing them with other similar products. Be it composition, firmness, or price, we think it’s important to see how Awara Mattresses stack up to other beds.
The Awara Mattress, like many competing organic latex hybrids, offers a handful of benefits for sleepers. These include good temperature regulation and cool sleep, above-average motion isolation, and minimal noise when bearing weight.
The mattress also provides strong support for sleepers thanks to its thick, organic latex comfort layer and zoned pocketed coils. The bed’s ‘Medium Firm’ feel should be suitable for sleepers in any position who weigh at least 130 pounds, and the 13″ profile makes it a good option for those who prefer thicker beds.
Check out our selections below if you’d like to see a few comparable mattresses.
Similar Mattress Options
Brooklyn Bloom Hybrid
|SLEEP TRIAL||365 nights||100 nights||365 nights||120 nights|
|WARRANTY LENGTH||25 Year, Limited||10 Year, Limited||Lifetime||Lifetime|
Mattress Technical Details
What You Need to Know About Awara Mattresses
Sizing and Pricing
You’ll find current prices for the Awara Mattress in each available size below.
- Twin $899
- Twin XL $949
- Full $1,149
- Queen $1,299
- King $1,599
- Cal King $1,599
Construction and Firmness
The Awara Mattress is considered ‘Medium Firm’ (6) and measures 13″ thick. A full breakdown of firmness, thickness, and composition specs is listed in the table below.
|Product Name||Firmness Options||Thickness||Support Core Components||Comfort Layer Components||Cover Components|
|Awara Mattress||6 (Medium Firm)||13″||9″ Zoned (Multi-gauge) Pocketed Coils||4″ Organic Dunlop Latex||Organic Cotton and Natural Wool Blend|
Firmness is rated on a scale of 1 to 10. For more information on how firmness is calculated, please visit our Mattress Firmness page.
The Awara Mattress is exclusively available on the Awara website. The bed is not available through any third-party retailers, including Amazon.com, and Awara does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations.
Awara Coupons and Discounts
Sleep Trial 365 nights
Shipping Free to all 50 states, shipped in a box
Made In USA
How Is the Mattress Shipped?
Compressed and shipped in a box.
Where Do They Ship?
All 50 states.
White Glove Delivery?
Full Shipping Details
The delivery policy for Awara is as follows:
- Customers in all 50 states qualify for free standard shipping. An Awara Mattress will normally ship within 24 hours, and will reach its destination in two to five business days. All standard deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground.
- In addition to standard shipping, customers may choose White Glove delivery for an additional charge. This service includes in-home assembly and old mattress removal upon request. The typical wait time for White Glove delivery is five to eight business days.
- Orders must be cancelled before the mattress ships. Otherwise penalty fees may apply.
Old Mattress Removal?
Old mattress removal is available with White Glove delivery, but this service is not provided with standard shipping.
Trial Period and Warranty Details
Trial Period and Guarantee
Awara offers a 365-night sleep trial for the Awara Mattress.
- This sleep trial does not require a break-in period of any kind; customers may return their mattress at any point during the 365-night trial.
- Full mattress refunds are issued for all returns minus shipping/White Glove delivery fees
- Each household is allotted a total of two mattress returns.
Awara offers a lifetime warranty:
- This warranty is entirely nonprorated.
- During the first 10 years of ownership, Awara will replace a defective mattress with a new model at no extra cost to the owner. After 10 years of ownership, the company will repair/re-cover or replace the mattress. Awara will cover all shipping and transportation costs if a defect is found; if no defect is discovered, owners will incur a $100 transportation fee ($50 each way).
- Warranty coverage is contingent on proper foundational support. Per Awara: “Your mattress must be used on an appropriate base such as a platform bed or other suitable bed frame.”
- Replacement mattresses are covered under the same warranty as the original.
- The warranty will cover the following defects:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface measuring one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper.
Physical flaws in the mattress that cause materials to split or crack.
Manufacturing defects associated with the mattress cover.
- The warranty will not cover the following:
Visible sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that do not measure one and a half inches (1 1/2″) or deeper, or normal increases in mattress softness that do not affect its pressure-relieving abilities. These issues are considered standard wear and tear.
Repair or replacement requests that occur due to changes in the owner’s comfort preferences.
Burns, cuts, tears, stains, and other types of physical damage that occur due to misuse or neglect.
- This warranty is non-transferable. It is exclusively offered to original owners who purchase their mattress from Awara or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner of a non-authorized retailer do not qualify for warranty coverage.
7 out of 10 owner experiences show that customers have had a positive experience with Awara, irrespective of whether or not they liked their mattress.
Awara has been in business since 2018.
Awara does not operate any brick-and-mortar stores or showrooms, and the Awara Mattress is not sold in any physical retailer locations.
Find Awara on Social